PDA

View Full Version : new to the forum

IrideVolks
01-06-2005, 08:07 PM
Hey guys my name is andy and i have been working out for about a year now. I weighed about 130 and now weigh 155 I was barely benchin 115 when i first walked in the gym and now im currently up to 215. Say what you want good or bad i wanna know what you guys think. This is the only picture i have........... http://community.webshots.com/user/xxjdmintegrarxx <<<7TH PIC DOWN

mexican_boy
01-06-2005, 08:55 PM
i guess youre the shirtless guy?,looks like you have a good base to start to build muscle, you look lean dude, now try to make a clean bluk and gain some mass, will help if you do better pics, lay down in your bed doesnt help much to show your muscles, but seems youre in the rigth way keep working hard dude.

MM
01-06-2005, 10:53 PM
Eat a lot of food.

IrideVolks
01-07-2005, 02:13 PM
yea that is the picture of me. yea the picture wasnt made for this site. But i have another one. sorry about that. And mike thats what my brother told me was to eat alot but what the hell? doesnt everyone eat till they are full and will throw up if they eat anymore. I sure always have. I was eating just cans of tuna and things like that but i stopped for a little while because i was even more hungry but i think im going to start doing it again because i Talked to one of my teachers that bodyBuilds and he said i need to just eat protein. All im taking is Cell Tech. Can someone give me some names of some Really good supplements that will help me?[

Saint Patrick
01-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Vee Dub!!!

IrideVolks
01-07-2005, 03:18 PM
here is another picture. Tell me what you guys think.

AdmiralDan
01-07-2005, 03:23 PM
there is a relly good supplement know as food. specifically, the stuff listed on the sticky in diet and nutrition. don't worry about any other supplements until you have your diet and routine down

IrideVolks
01-07-2005, 04:48 PM
well i know that but you have to be on supplements. You cant just eat and build like i want to. I eat food. Nothing bad for me. Like i said im prolly going to start eating packs of lunch meat and cans of tuna again because i need all my protein

Slim Schaedle
01-07-2005, 05:57 PM
well i know that but you have to be on supplements. You cant just eat and build like i want to.

No, you don't, and yes, you can.

AdmiralDan
01-07-2005, 06:21 PM
:withstupi

you can get huge. i take a multivitamin, calcium, green tea, fish oil and whey protein. i take the whey, b/c i'm in college living in the dorms and it is hard to get protein from other sources. i take all the others b/c they are supposed to be good for you. i did a bunch of research and found out what i wanted to take. the only thing you really need to get huge is protein

IrideVolks
01-08-2005, 03:23 PM
:withstupi

you can get huge. i take a multivitamin, calcium, green tea, fish oil and whey protein. i take the whey, b/c i'm in college living in the dorms and it is hard to get protein from other sources. i take all the others b/c they are supposed to be good for you. i did a bunch of research and found out what i wanted to take. the only thing you really need to get huge is protein

Yea i know. I definately am going to keep loading on the protein. But Anyways Im skinny and if i didnt take any supps than like nothing will ever happen i swear iv done it before. just cut up a LITTLE bit. Nothing that i want. It would take like 4 years of going to the gym to even get descent without any Boosts. Atleast i think. I may be wrong though. Thats what people tell me.

AdmiralDan
01-08-2005, 06:52 PM
i've said it before and i'll say it again. JUST EAT, EAT, AND EAT SOME MORE. if that isn't enough, then try adding liquid calories(protein shakes, mrp's and weight gainers). you don't need any other ****

wannab250
01-09-2005, 01:40 AM
i am with admiraldan, there should be a sticky at the top of every section saying HOW TO GET BIG "EAT EAT EAT AND YOU WILL GROW" hehe i always here everyone saying how do i get big and its always the same awnser i love it, just eat like you are tank abbot, heh good luck

IrideVolks
01-09-2005, 12:37 PM
What............... Do you guys think i dont eat? i dont understand. i eat SO much.What should i eat? every time i eat i fill up. Help me out man stop telling me to eat.tell me WHAT to eat since my metabolism is so high.
Everyone in the world eats. it takes food to live.

snowster900
01-10-2005, 05:35 PM
hmm.. well maybe what you get full from isn't enough i get full after eationg a few bits haha, but i just keep going untill i seriosuly almost throw up..... give us a little list of what you eat daily and than we can see if it really is alot. As others said there is a sticky that says what to eat just follow that....

Focused70
01-10-2005, 06:04 PM
You don't need Celltech or any of that Met-Rx crap.

Lots of good, solid food (no junk food), lots of water, maybe a protein shake or two, and that's it. Should strive for 1 to 1.5 g of protein per lb. of bodyweight. You're young, so you can cheat on your diet more, within reason.

Take a look at the diet section of the boards and good luck.

Stash

IrideVolks
01-10-2005, 06:59 PM
well lets see. Like sunday, I ate 6 and half peices of pizza. lol. that was lunch. Then i had a can of tuna and 2 penut butter SaMiches. Today i had cerial bar for B-fast. lunch i had burger king(blahhhh) haha thats because i go to school with bk right next to the campus. Then for supper i had 1 can of tuna. and 2 penut butter SaMiches again. By the way i drink water witrh everything i eat. i eat alot trust me. I eat more than my brother and my dad and they weigh like 50 lbs more than me. But thanx guys for helping me out and KeEP POSTING what everyone thinks.

Andy

AdmiralDan
01-10-2005, 08:44 PM
try eating good food, not pizza and burger king. make it a point to have good food. it takes me 10 minutes to make oatmeal in the morning. you can make youself a tuna "SaMiche" in two minutes to take to class. start eating right if you want to make gains

Gabrielle
01-10-2005, 08:53 PM
hit up the 'diet and nutrition' section of this board...start eating 4-6 meals a day..track what you eat daily in a journal...track your calories, carbs, fats, and protein...you have a relatively good base to build muscle..good luck

IrideVolks
01-11-2005, 01:27 PM
Thanx Gabrielle. Yea man i have been looking at it. Good stuff on there. I quit eating that stuff today. Had a Myoplex protien bar and a penut butter SAMICHEeeeeeeee for lunch. But will i build more when i turn 19-20???

Gabrielle
01-11-2005, 02:07 PM
do you mean build more muscle? If you tweak your diet to include a lot of protein and a moderate amount of carbs and take in a low amount of bad fats...I don't see why not..just remember to try to eat more frequently if you have the time...at least 4 meals a day hopefully...at your age your testosterone levels are really high...which is a great environment for bulking up...don't forget to drink a lot of water everyday also...maybe a gallon a day...and sleep 8...hourswhat does your workout routine look like? no offenst you should be focusing on the basics such as bench, squat, and deadlifts...I don't know what your goals are..but remember bodybuilding is a lifestyle..not a hobby..good luck..hope I helped a little

sublime99
01-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Eat And The Eat More

IrideVolks
01-11-2005, 05:44 PM
yea man im pretty much doing the basics. Do i look really small or something?? just wondering. But anyways i Just now started a routine and its flippin awesome. Normally i would do an all around workout(For beginners) and do like everything and skip a day then go in and change the workouts a little bit. But now i am focusing on certain muscles daily. Yesterday i did chest and shoulders. Today i did bi's, a little bit of back, and Tri's. It is definately helping me because it is what my body needs now. No more jumping around the gym. tomorrow i will most likely do lower body. But anyways Thanx Gab. Your about the only one who is actually giving me good advise besides EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT......lol.
I guess i look like a damn panZy. Whatever though im trieng really hard.

Gabrielle
01-11-2005, 08:25 PM
your welcome..you don't look like you are a pansy, you look as if you haven't been working out for more than maybe a year or off and on...good job on focusing on certain muscles...developing a training split can be difficult...check out the wannabebig routines and bodybuilding/fitness section of the board for training tips

FighterInSnatch
01-12-2005, 09:05 AM
Andy, stop eating my bread, peanut butter and tuna. Now I have to go back to the store and load up again.

P.S. IRIDEVOLKS, he is my brother and until maybe 2 days ago, he never listened to me about lifting and eating. All he ate was junk food, I'm going to get him on track now that he is going to listen. :)

IrideVolks
01-12-2005, 01:25 PM
chill i dont eat your stuff. You eat OUR stuff mostly. Terry eats your bread. I just hit the tuna pretty hard. I Put a dent in it but you will be fine. BTW the penut Flutter is mineeeeeeeeee.

RBB
01-12-2005, 01:55 PM
you're definitely not eating enough man. load up on some chicken breasts, lean ground beef, tuna, milk, eggs, and protein shakes. through some good carbs and fats in there as well, and you're set. try to get 1-1.5 x bw of protein a day. try to eat at least 5 meals a day. i don't know how much you weigh, i'm guessing about 160 from the pictures. start eating around 3500 calories/day and adjust from there according to how much weight you're gaining.

IrideVolks
01-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Yes i weigh about that. Im 6'2 also so its really hard for me to build or as it seems. I wish i was like 5'9 man. Anyways just eat strait up chicken breasts? or put them on a bun and scarf it? Also i have been eating alot of eggs. What are good protein shakes that you can stay on? :confused: I have Myoplex bars but man if i eat them i will trow up they taste like damn sand or something like that. :eek: Does running help before every workout? or should i run after? Sorry so many questions guys. Thanx for giving your input.

muscle chic
01-13-2005, 07:50 AM
You look fit but skinny. BULK!!! Whey protein,turkey breast,peanuts,almonds,oatmeal ect................. Eat!!!! and Lift!!

TRAVIS
01-13-2005, 12:27 PM
I personally wouldnt run before a workout if I were trying to bulk up
Run after.

And eat as soon as possible after a workout, there is something like a 2 hour window to most effectively take in protein after a workout, someone correct me if im wrong.

IrideVolks
02-08-2005, 07:53 PM
little update, tell me what you think....still eating alot