PDA

View Full Version : Lost Nutrients

thalakos84
01-07-2005, 04:39 PM
I eat like a mofo on days when I go to the gym. More so than usual. The question is, if I eat over say 2000 in a meal, are some of the nutrients lost? For instance, I just had a massive bowl of oatmeal with whey protein, three eggs, and a glass of creatine mix. I can barely type this I'm so full. But am I losing out on any of the nutrients?

Bruise Brubaker
01-07-2005, 05:01 PM
We always lose some nutrients. We probably lose more if we eat more, but the only way to actually get more is to eat more.

If your bowel movements are ok you probably ain't losing much, but by example if they stink a lot more than usual on the days following your binge days then that's bacteria fermentating some proteins or whatever and that shows that there are more lost nutriments.

TheGimp
01-07-2005, 05:46 PM
The body is very efficient and will process almost everything you give it.

ryuage
01-08-2005, 04:41 AM
that meal doesnt even look close to 1000 calories

greekboy80
01-08-2005, 07:31 AM
gimps right, you rarely lose any, if at all. the human body is very efficient.

thalakos84
01-08-2005, 08:06 AM
I have noticed I'm a bit gassier than normal, especially since mixing weight-gainer in with my oatmeal. And I realize that doesn't sound like a high calorie meal, but if you saw the size of the bowl I use, you'd crap yourself. It holds 6 cups of fluid. I throw in some milk too for extra fat and protein.