PDA

View Full Version : Am I getting enough?

Cubby
01-09-2005, 03:31 PM
first off I will give you some info on me
I am trying to bulk
I am 6 foot 2.5
170lbs
grade 11
fast-medium metabolisim
little to no income

now, I entered what I ate today into fitday and gave me some info, I want to know if this is enough for me, I know the protein is enough but don't know if the rest is, now I was thinking of buying some nitrean or something else from atlarge but my mom said I am not allowed to buy something like that over the internet,what kind of places could I get something like that for cheap, like what store? And I attached a screenshot of the fitday results.

thanks

ryuage
01-09-2005, 03:34 PM
I dont know, is it enough? are you gaining weight?

Cubby
01-09-2005, 03:49 PM
I dont know, is it enough? are you gaining weight?
I just started this like a week ago, I don't know yet, but I am wondering if it will be enough

GIS
01-09-2005, 05:03 PM
I would say that you need more protein from animal sources. you have 186g of protein but keep in mind things like PB have protein, but it's not a complete set of amino acids.

Get some more animal protein in your diet such as beef, more chicken, more tuna, or on of the many other soft cuddly creatures running around outisde.

AdmiralDan
01-09-2005, 05:56 PM
i'm with ryu. give it some time and if you aren't gaining, then add more

Dirt
01-10-2005, 04:08 AM
When you're considering your protein intake I like to believe the best way is to consider only meat and dairy sources of protein and get your X number of grams from them, then any trace protein you get from other sources is just on top of that. Like someone pointed out, your protein sources aren't the greatest. As to whether or not you'll gain weight with that, no one can tell you that other than yourself.

TheGimp
01-10-2005, 09:05 AM
His protein sources are fine. He's eating plenty of high quality proteins to make up for the shortcomings of the lower.

Bboy486
01-10-2005, 10:02 AM
you drink 6 cups of milk a day? that would kill me (and anyone located around me lol)

Dirt
01-11-2005, 04:37 AM
His protein sources are fine. He's eating plenty of high quality proteins to make up for the shortcomings of the lower.

I guess it's relative. Personally I wouldn't want ~30% of my protein coming from PB and trace in other foods. It's not that big of a deal though.