PDA

View Full Version : Chicken or Meat

MiamiBallin69
01-09-2005, 10:45 PM
What should I eat Chicken or Meat?? Personally I prefer Chicken because it has more protein but is there something about meat that makes it better or are they both the same?

javyn
01-09-2005, 11:19 PM
chicken is meat isn't it? it seems that tuna and salmon are the most preferred meats by bodybuilders.

MiamiBallin69
01-09-2005, 11:26 PM
oh my bad, what I meant to ask was; what is healthier to someone who weightlifts and needs protein and not soo much fat, chicken as in a chicken whopper, or beef as in a normal whopper?? Those are just example obviously im not going to eat 10 whoppersa cuz den I'll just become a fatty.

TTT
01-09-2005, 11:26 PM
One of my biochem professors once said that beef has the most "balanced" amino acid profile out of all the meats. However, whether "balanced" means 'each amino acid is present in equal concentrations' or whether it means 'it has the best profile for building human proteins,' I'm not sure.

Shao-LiN
01-09-2005, 11:27 PM
I'm guessing you're asking if you should eat chicken or beef. What you eat from chicken is the skin or the meat.

In any event, pick whichever one you feel would suit your dietary needs.

Shao-LiN
01-09-2005, 11:28 PM
One of my biochem professors once said that beef has the most "balanced" amino acid profile out of all the meats. However, whether "balanced" means 'each amino acid is present in equal concentrations' or whether it means 'it has the best profile for building human proteins,' I'm not sure.

As long as you get protein from different sources, I wouldn't worry too much about finding beef with a balanced amino acid profile.

MiamiBallin69
01-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Oh, ok thanks guys I guess I'll just stick to chicken since it has more protein I think and I just prefer it over beef.

thajeepster
01-09-2005, 11:36 PM
i heard that beef has a lot of creatine in it, chicken i dont think does, however, if your a big eater like me, you can down a lot more chicken breast than you can beef for your caloric budget... and more food is better in my opinion. :)

MiamiBallin69
01-09-2005, 11:41 PM
i heard that beef has a lot of creatine in it, chicken i dont think does, however, if your a big eater like me, you can down a lot more chicken breast than you can beef for your caloric budget... and more food is better in my opinion. :)
Hehe, your right on that one, I love to eat a whole lot of food especially since i gain no weight or fat from it, so I guess thats one more reason to stick to my good ol' chicken.

javyn
01-10-2005, 12:46 AM
chicken is my least fave, it has to be dark meat with skin for me to like it. give me beef or fish anyday.

TTT
01-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I'm not toooo fond of chicken after having campylobacter poisoning 3 times :swear:

...and it wasn't my fault, I didn't actually cook it myself.

RussianRocket
01-10-2005, 10:45 PM
personally i dont like to eat the same meat over and over, i perfer variety in my foods. I'm all about pork right now, cheap and i can eat a lot of it.

MrWebb78
01-10-2005, 11:11 PM
someone who weightlifts and needs protein .

you need fat as much as you need protein.

eat beef, just choose leaner cuts. salmon too, lotsa healthy fat