PDA

View Full Version : kinda confused, please help

wannab250
01-09-2005, 11:28 PM
ok i have been searching and am just trying to get my diet thing down, i am trying to gain more weight but not just fatty weight because i have just been mostly eating out all the time trying to get all these calories but then i read all this stuff like its not good to get fast food and you need to eat healthy fats and all this.

from me eating out all the time i think its kinda catching up to me cuz i think my six pack is filling in and stupid stuff like that, anyway i have read the sticky about how a body builder eats, but that looks like a diet of someone who isnt really trying to bulk to me, looks like someone that wants to stay healthy. maybe i am just stupid, plus eating out is just so much easyer and cooking sounds like a lot of work.

but i also have been haveing alot of heart burn lately maybe its from all the bad fatty stuff i have just been throwing down, how do you guys all gain?? i am just trying to gain but not sloppy weight, but i do have a very fast metabolism. i have gained about 45 lbs all ready but i still need to gain about 10-20 more any suggestions? sorry for the newbie post but i HAVE used the search button a lot so i finally had to post this, thanks

Vampiro
01-10-2005, 12:07 PM
post your stats and then help will come sooner

geoffgarcia
01-10-2005, 12:30 PM
in an ideal world you'd get just enough calories to stimulate muscle growth to your potential and have no negative side effects.

In your case, eating out tends to mean your getting loads of saturated, trans and hydrogenated fats, oodles of simple carbs and you prematurely become satiated before you've eaten enough proteins, complex carbs and EFAs.

This combo can lead to weight gain, but it will tip the scale so you'll put on more fat and less muscle then your counterpart that is eating a lot of "healthy" foods - getting adequate EFA, complex carbs, proteins.

wannab250
01-10-2005, 12:47 PM
i am 6"0 200 lbs, started at 155, did one fina cycle for 4 weeks that took me from 190 to 205 but i got injured and had lost 5 lbs,