PDA

View Full Version : Somethings wrong....

Tiramisu
01-10-2005, 11:39 AM
Hello.....

I have been doing cardio (40 min 3-4xs a week) on the elliptical machine. I sometimes vary 20 on it and another 25 on the bike at a fast pace to avoid burning out. Unfortunately I have lost total motivation. I was previously on an EC stack(2xs a day). I didnt expect a miracle effect, but I saw nothing coming from it. I have posted my diet below, which I followed consistently for almost 10 weeks and saw NO progress. I know I must have a lot of twitches to improve, but I sure did try I just have lost the ump!... I am open ears (eyes) to all comments for help. Thank you....

Main goal: loose 15-20 lbs.

Stats: 5'3"- 147lbs

Breakfast
1 cup of milk(1%)
w/ Expresso(1/4 shot)
Splenda

Lunch:
2 slices of whole grain wheat bread- toasted)
1/ can tuna (no mayo)
tomato slices

3 liters of water

Snack:
low carb/low sugar yogurt

Dinner
6 oz protein(chicken breast/ flank/ground turkey)
salad(lettuce/ tomatoes- no dressing)
snack:
1c lf cottage cheese

waynis
01-10-2005, 11:51 AM
your not eating much fat at all. Get some efa's in your diet. Mayo is ok in a sandwhich if it fits your caloric need. Also you could not be eating enough. You need fuel to burn fat.

geoffgarcia
01-10-2005, 11:54 AM
what is that? 600 calories?
its no surprise your having motivation problems, your hormones must be completely outta whack from a diet like that, let alone the obvious energy problems.

Vampiro
01-10-2005, 12:04 PM
What the hell kinda breakfast is that? You won't lose weight by starving yourself, you need to eat more, and more often. As mentioned above ge more EFA's in your diet. You probally haven't loss weight because your body is holding on to everything you give it. i would go hungry if thats all i was eating, i wouldn't go to the gym, do cardio, have sex, or anything other then sleep and look at tv

gopher
01-10-2005, 12:17 PM
Gotta agree with everyone. You are starving yourself and your body has gone into survial mode and it trying desprately to hold on to your body fat. I would add 1/2 cup of oatmeal and some protien (eggs or a powder) to your breakfast. Lunch looks good but you could add a Tbls of mayo to the tuna if you like. Like wise dinner looks good but you could add a Tbls of dressing to your salad. I would add some fat to your snacks. Either some EFA capsules, Flax seed oil, nuts or some natural PB.
Get your calories up to at least 1500 and you should feel more energetic and see some loss of body fat.

Shao-LiN
01-10-2005, 08:12 PM
You're not eating enough, so I'd imagine your metabolism has slowed to a crawl. You may have lost some weight initially, but eventually it will halt. As soon as you start eating more again, your body will want to store the excess calories as fat in preparation for your next starvation cycle.

My suggestion would be to eat at maintenance for around 2 weeks, then gradually lower your calories until you are losing about a pound a week or so.

Tiramisu
01-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Oh no at all.. I did not loose anything. This has been going on like this for a while, unfortunately. I appreciate your advise, you make a lot of sense. Im the type that enjoys protein over all, not a carb freak, so that can be a good thing.