PDA

View Full Version : is this the only way to get clean calories?

wannab250
01-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Natural Style Peanut Butter
Olive oil, Safflower oil
Flaxseed oil
Fish Oil
Nuts (peanuts, almonds, walnuts)

i got this from the how a body builder eats sticky, is this tthe only way to get your clean calories in?? this would get old after about a month or so, also were the hell do you get this stuff?

geoffgarcia
01-10-2005, 01:23 PM
no its not the only way, there are a zillion sources of "clean" food, to many to list, the what a body builder eats sticky is just a starting point to give ya the gist of what its all about.

you can get these things at any supermarket

wannab250
01-10-2005, 01:26 PM
hmm, well can i get some other ideas from all you knowleadgable guys that know how i can get high but clean calorie intake? thanks

geoffgarcia
01-10-2005, 02:01 PM
unless you have a special dietary requirement that list should be all you need

wannab250
01-10-2005, 02:20 PM
thanks geoff for the fast replys, but i dont see me getting 5k calories a day from just those things, i mean is that what you eat everyday for cals? i cant picture anyone doing just those things, yuck...

geoffgarcia
01-10-2005, 02:33 PM
yes, its what I eat every day for calories
I'm a terrible cook
it tastes like butt, but it works
chalk it up to dedication

if u want an alternative source just get a high octane MRP and make sure ur maxing out your calories in fats (mono/poly)

wannab250
01-10-2005, 02:51 PM
ok, so you have to cook this stuff? how do you cook fish oil? and olive oil? sorry i am just used to doing it the easy way and going to wendys for a combo meal? also i have heard that fish oil is in pills, is that correct?

geoffgarcia
01-10-2005, 03:00 PM
you dont need to cook the fats, just drink them

each tablespoon of oil is about 14g of fat

I take 2 tbsp in the AM (as soon as i wake up) with a anti-catabolic formula
and 2 tbsp in the PM (immediately before bed) with the same protein formula

right there is 28g of fat + 50g protein = 450 calories per

u can go to a health food store or any grocery store and take ur pic of fats
personally I go for olive oil and grapeseed oil for my mono and polys, others enjoy peanut butter which is a decent blend, but it sits like a rock in ur gut and is an aquired taste.

hemp and flax are also good.

you can get fish oil in pills or just liquid form. the liquid is nasty and hard to stomach for most people thats why they go for the pills.
On a bulk just get the cheapest you can find (Kirkland brand is the cheapest on earth)
on a cut they are a little high in Sat fat for most diets.

ON a bulk I take 20x 1000mg pills per day, on a cut I'd ration it down to about 10

also if ur gonna cook its best to cook all at once your food for the week then just store it in tupperwear, this saves time and money since eating out is gonna bleed ur bank account...

JTyrell710
01-10-2005, 03:06 PM
i think he's asking is this all you can eat. NO- read more articles on WBB about diet, not just stickies

wannab250
01-10-2005, 03:15 PM
ok so let me get this right? those things are for calories correct? or are they just to get some healthy fats in you? bear with me guys, the thing i am looking for is how to get 5k calories a day and not turn into a fatty hehe

JTyrell710
01-10-2005, 03:19 PM
these are all good if u need EXTRA cals, but not the main staples of your diet, tuna, chicken, beef and such are great sources, as well as oats and good carbs.

Optimum08
01-10-2005, 03:52 PM
:withstupi: i highly doubt u could get 5k cals a day just eating the stuff listed and not puke it all up...the things you listed are just some of the things you should be getting in your diet...the whole list on the sticky of "what a bodybuilder eats" should be your diet not just that one part...just pick the stuff you like off that list and compile a diet and if you need to check out www.fitday.com to calculate your cal intake...

wannab250
01-10-2005, 04:23 PM
yea, i am fine as far as protein and carbs go, just am worried about eating to many wendy's combos meals for 1500 cals a peice is gonna get me flabby, i am simply trying to figure out some things to eat that have alot of cals that arent so bad for me, this all is very confusing, and the more i read the more i get comfused.. aaarrrrgggg

eatmore
01-12-2005, 12:52 AM
its not that confsuing, eat ur normal foods, and then add a cup of peanuts to it... and a shake... 1 cup of peanuts=1000 cals, and 1 shake= 1000 cals
2000cals, and ur stomach is pretty much empty :D

Dirt
01-12-2005, 03:36 AM
yea, i am fine as far as protein and carbs go, just am worried about eating to many wendy's combos meals for 1500 cals a peice is gonna get me flabby, i am simply trying to figure out some things to eat that have alot of cals that arent so bad for me, this all is very confusing, and the more i read the more i get comfused.. aaarrrrgggg

I think you have a very large misconception about caloric intake. If your maintenance is 3500 and you eat 5000 calories of "unclean" foods you'll gain fat. Alternatively if you eat 5000 calories of "clean" foods you'll gain fat. The purpose for eating "clean" foods vs. "unclean" ones is that you're getting fewer empty calories, vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, etc. If you eat too much "clean" food you'll still end up fat. The only reason most people even drop weight when they stop eating fast food and eating healthy food is that they simply don't eat as many calories as they were before. A combo from Wendy's blows away a chicken breast, brown rice and broccoli in terms of calories.

crazedwombat
01-12-2005, 07:09 AM
make wendys a once in awhile thing...

Pitfan04
01-12-2005, 09:25 AM
Geoff....

You said you take 20 Fish Oil pills a day??? Do you ration that out like 5 four times a day??? Hell I thought I was doing good by taking the recommended dosage, 3 a day LOL

geoffgarcia
01-12-2005, 10:01 AM
no I take them all at once (well..1 at a time, but 20 within 5 minutes)
the recommended daily dose on your pills might be different than mine depending on concentration of EPA/DHA mine are 180/120 mg pills and to get a combined 3g I need to take in 10 pills. I dont know why I take 20...10 would probably do the trick...just a habit I got into...i get the kirkland brand stuff with like 300 pills per tub, and I have about 6 tubs at home that I'm crankin through

wannab250
01-12-2005, 11:27 AM
I think you have a very large misconception about caloric intake. If your maintenance is 3500 and you eat 5000 calories of "unclean" foods you'll gain fat. Alternatively if you eat 5000 calories of "clean" foods you'll gain fat. The purpose for eating "clean" foods vs. "unclean" ones is that you're getting fewer empty calories, vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, etc. If you eat too much "clean" food you'll still end up fat. The only reason most people even drop weight when they stop eating fast food and eating healthy food is that they simply don't eat as many calories as they were before. A combo from Wendy's blows away a chicken breast, brown rice and broccoli in terms of calories.

ok, now i am really confused, so how the heck am i supposed to grow then??

ElPietro
01-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Ok, it's pretty simple, I think you are confusing some basics here. If you want to grow, take in more calories than you need. Basically, what Dirt was saying, only he said get fat, not big. If you have maintenance of 3,500, and want to bulk up slow and clean, you could consume 4,000 calories, and keep it relatively clean. You will gain weight very slowly, but more of that weight will be in the form of lean tissue instead of fat. If you wanted a quicker bulk, you could eat 5,000 or more calories, which will put on weight faster, more lean tissue, but also more fatty tissue.

Some people prefer clean, slow bulks, where they look pretty good at the end, versus others that will do a fast bulk, gain lots of weight, and then cut immediately after, and try to preserve as much new lean tissue as possible.

You can eat whatever you want and bulk and cut, basically as long as you are following your caloric guidelines. However, it's always best to try and keep things relatively clean, to ensure you are getting the protein you need for rebuilding, the carbs you need for energy, and the fat (preferably a good amount of healthy fat), which will also aid in growth, and decrease bad cholesterol in the case of good EFAs from flax, fish, or other nuts.

There should be plenty of foods listed in that sticky, but if not there are tons of diet threads in the forums as well. Basically, things that aren't fried, or overly processed work well in anyone's diet.

Pitfan04
01-12-2005, 12:01 PM
Geoff...My bottle has same mg.. 180/120 Total Fat is 1g...How many do you think I should take

wannab250
01-12-2005, 12:10 PM
ok, i think i am getting this a little better now thanks, just to ask this though, since i have a vary fast metabolism, i dont like the whole bulking very slow thing, so would i be ok with just eating a wendys combo meal everyday just do get in a bunch of my calories, and then probably just gettin the other cals from a little bit cleaner sources? here is how i look at it BULKING FAST WITH MORE FAT INVOLVED>BULKING SLOW WITH LEANER FATS. tell me what you guys think.

Pitfan04
01-12-2005, 12:36 PM
You want to try and bulk slow, do you can build it into more muscle than fat.

Max-Mex
01-12-2005, 02:37 PM
thanks geoff for the fast replys, but i dont see me getting 5k calories a day from just those things, i mean is that what you eat everyday for cals? i cant picture anyone doing just those things, yuck...

Do you realize how many calories are in a tablespoon of olive oil? Roughly, 120. 10 servings gives you 1200 cals. You can have olive oil in you shakes, on your meats, as a dressing for salads. You need to learn how to cook. Lots of tasty ways to use olive oil.

Natty PB: The list goes on and on. Easiest way, PB&J.

Flax: Can be mixed with shakes.

Fish oil: Same as olive oil, IMO.

Nuts: Man, so many uses, so little time!

ryuage
01-12-2005, 02:46 PM
except olive oil is not rich in epa/dha :thumbup: