PDA

View Full Version : Blood in stool after deads

SW
01-10-2005, 04:22 PM
The past several times I've deadlifted, I go to the bathroom (#2) 10-20 minutes later. There has been light colored blood in the stool. I have felt all around below my abdomen for a tear and find none. There is no pain, just runny #2 and blood. Have you guys ever had it before and what is it. Thanks.

Holto
01-10-2005, 04:34 PM
stop deadlifting for a few months

you could have torn something intestinal

very, very serious

I have a torn levator ani from doing deads and it has ruined my life

I'm not *supposed* to sit or stand

I did this 3 years ago and right now I would rather be dead

Holto
01-10-2005, 04:36 PM
oh and if you did tear something intestinal it could take years to heal...

I had an MRI and it didn't show my tear so the Dr's are pretty useless

I hate to be so negative but I wonder if I would have a life now if I had stopped at the first sign of symptoms

your 17 so I would hate for your life to be over like mine is

SW
01-10-2005, 04:41 PM
So it would be a good idea to wait 4-5 years? What you're worried about is also what I'm worried about. Did you have it happening and you kept at it (deads) and really tore something then?

Optimum08
01-10-2005, 04:42 PM
ya i agree wit holto...sounds pretty serious bro...blood coming out of anywhere but cuts on your body isn't ever a good thing....i would def stop deadlifting for at least a couple months...and go get an MRI and get a Doctor's appt...even though Holto said dr's didn't help him they could help you...

andy51
01-10-2005, 04:57 PM
Go to the Dr. Now. You never know it could be completely unrelated to lifting, but we are not experts so go see one.

SW
01-10-2005, 05:22 PM
I hate to admit this, but I'm scared. I was scared before I posted the first of this thread. I just know it can't be ignored, not this. I hate docters. What I WANT to do is not do deads, maybe even squats for several years. But that may not be what I NEED to do. It only happens after I do deads. I feel sick to my stomach now.

the doc
01-10-2005, 05:26 PM
relax.
see the doctor. Ignoring it will most likely just allow things to get worse.

SW
01-10-2005, 05:40 PM
I went to the bathroom again. Little coming out, not one drop of blood now. Feels like I have a slight rip just on the inside of my anus. I had a problem in the past with blood everytime I went, and that was what's known as a fissure. Just imagine a slight ext. of the anus downward, about 1/4 of an inch. That healed with a cream. This almost feels like the same thing. But I don't think it is. It just feels like I have this little tear just on the inside of my anus, the blood was bright.

YeahMan21
01-10-2005, 06:03 PM
It might be a small hemeroid, and those heal themselves. Goo see a "butt" doctor, and let them check you out. It is something serious, so tell your mom and get to a doctor.

SW
01-10-2005, 06:10 PM
I've heard hemerroid removal is the most painfull of all procedures. But it would hurt like hell if it was a major one, right?

YeahMan21
01-10-2005, 06:24 PM
It doesn't hurt at all. My mom worked for one...they have a small gun that shoots a rubber band onto it, and it just comes off. But like my friends, he said there was blood and it hurt a little, and it just went away. But you HAVE to get it checked out.

SW
01-10-2005, 06:46 PM
I'll get it checked out. Thanks guys. It worries me, and I'm hoping it's a little one that will heal itself.

Patz
01-10-2005, 08:33 PM
It maybe could be a hernia? There are so many different reasons for blood in the stool, and most of them aren't catastrophic. DON'T WORRY. You've already presumed the worst, now go there and find out it's something minor.

TTT
01-10-2005, 09:28 PM
I think mr e.d. said it best: DON'T WORRY. Worrying solves nothing. It's probably something totally minor. Good luck with it.

SW
01-11-2005, 06:40 AM
Thanks guys, you all helped alot. I talked it over with my grandfather and he said the same thing happens to him on occasion and that's the fissure thing I was talking about. He listened to my description of it and said that's what happens to him when he lifts something heavy, the fissure sometimes reopens slightly in the anus. No blood this morning. Still want to get it checked out though.

lilmase1153
01-11-2005, 07:11 AM
you dont have an ulcer or anytihng do you.. cause i have 2 and anytime i eat spicy or whatever my turds turn pink with all the blood.. kinda gross but im used to it now

twisteddendrite
01-11-2005, 07:39 AM
Blood in stool is always reason to be concerned. Your doc may want a colonoscopy (no biggie) to have a look see. Since it occurs during dead lifts it may be diverticulitis.
A scope will tell for sure.

Holto
01-11-2005, 11:46 AM
definitely see a Dr...

at the very least if they can't treat you they can diagnose you

gopher
01-11-2005, 12:26 PM
If the blood is bright red it's coming from an area near your anus and most likely a hemroid. No big deal. If the blood is dark red it's from an internal injury and much more serious. Either way get checked out just to be safe.

Augury
01-11-2005, 12:30 PM
Its been a long while since ive posted here, so noone will probably even remeber me. Ive been pretty busy with life, degree etc and things had to give.

Anyhow...regarding the blood. Squats as you know are about the simplest way to raise your bloodpressure ever invented. When we want to "bear down" to go to the toilet essentially we do a mini squat and tighten the abdominal walls, breathe in and squeeze. This presses the diaphragm down on the abdominal contents, increases internal pressure (as your abs are now solid) and thus helps you go for a #2.

A squat is a magnified version of this, but obviously you arent relaxing your anus (you have 2 anal rings, one you can relax and one thats not under concious control) so its rare (but not uneard of) for people to do a #2 whilst squatting.

This tremendous increase in bloodpressure during the squat can be responsible for two things. Firstly, if you have a minor tear in the anus, a haemmeroid etc etc or something that is right on the edge of tearing then its very likely to simply push it over the edge and casue a bleed. You wont notice this till you go to the toilet obviously.

The other thing is that there is (as someone else said) the possibility that the bleeding is nothing to do with squatting and raising blood pressure. If there is something more serious then the squatting is obviously not going to help. the possitive way to look at it is that you may not have noticed the symptoms for a lot longer unless you WERE squatting. There is something to think about.

The upshot of all this babbling? go see the Doc like everyone else says. Light pink blood is a good thing. Dark black blood is a bad sign. Also blood looks a LOT more scary when it hits water and makes everything pink and spreads out. Relax, chill....go get a checkup and see you soon when they diagnose you with a lil rip or something :) No squatting till to have been to the Doc mmmkaay?

Augs

SW
01-11-2005, 12:33 PM
Oh man I remember you Augury, it's been a loooong time buddy. Welcome back! Thought we lost ya. Yeah, I don't think it's too serious, but we're gonna find out what it is to set my mind at ease. Then I will squat and deadlift as soon as I'm able to.

SW
01-11-2005, 12:38 PM
Went #2 again (like you wanted to know) and 0 blood. Slight twinge at anal opening though. Solid poop. :D

SW
01-11-2005, 12:39 PM
Oh and I do have high BP, but I take pills for it. Keeps it under control nicely.

Augury
01-11-2005, 12:42 PM
Well the squatting will just compound the high BP issue. Go easy. thanks for remembering me lol. Made me feel good. Im not really "back"...i dont have time to train at the moment, although I am cycling 14 miles a day every day. Im not doing weight work. I will however be popping in here now and then to have a look at medical problems and add my 2 cents worth as its good practice for me.

Augs