PDA

View Full Version : eggy question

westy
01-11-2005, 12:34 PM
I am currently in the process of a bulking phase and using John Berardi's method of calculation im on about 4000kcal a day.

Im trying to follow the recommendation about (P+F P+C) but not both together, so basically if im not working out in the morning i like to have an omlette.

I am currently having 1whole egg + 5 whites +ham and cheese.
this doesnt give me that many calories so.........

my question is because im bulking would i be better off having 6 whole eggs as this gives me a lot more calories or is this too much cholesterol/fat etc?
i know some fat is good but is this too much?

i hope thats clear

thanks guys

westy#31

CiteCollegiale
01-11-2005, 12:46 PM
Yes you should eat the whole egg

EDIT: You should eat your eggs boiled if youre worried about saturated fats.

ryuage
01-11-2005, 01:07 PM
does boiling them change the fat or something

Cynical_Simian
01-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Don't worry too much about breaking up carbs and fat. From what I've seen, the consensus seems to be that fat storage simply as a result of eating carbs and fat in the same meal is only a major issue if the carbs are promoting a very large insulin response. In his update to Massive Eating, Berardi backtracks a bit from the almost complete segregation his first article seemed to advocate. Low-GI carbs are fine to have in moderation with a high-fat and high-protein meal, which opens up some more options for increasing the calories in your breakfast.

Vampiro
01-12-2005, 12:54 AM
what does boiling the egg do to sat. fats?

westy
01-12-2005, 11:12 AM
thanks a lot guys i really appreciate the help

now im gonna go eat :D

westy
01-12-2005, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the link ryuage

i guess the answer to that guys question is 'no you cant have a straight answer as a lot of people disagree!'

lol well ill try the advice and see what happens

i normally find that's the best way

thanks again