PDA

View Full Version : 15/m

GoodFella
01-11-2005, 01:45 PM
hey guys =)

well here's some background info beefore i get started.

15 years old
around 133 pounds, started cutting on 9-31 weighing in at 144
5'6/7

basiclly guys, ive been wanting a six-pack since 9-31 and sadly i cut, i got to around 128 and then finally decided to call it quits because my ab's werent showing and i felt discouraged, i found out why my ab's werent showing though. Even though i was pretty light i didnt have any muscle, i guess you need lean muscle in the abdominal area for your ab's to show. When i was cutting I didn't know this, i manly just had a diet + did cardio. But now i have a new goal.

It's to get a six-pack by HOPEFULLY if not may then june. I want to be around 8/9 bf percent. The way im going to go about this is to

1. Clean diet, not really a super strict one but just eat manly good foods and keep a loose check of how much protein/fat/etc im eating each day.

2. Bulid lean muscle in the ab's, i was told to work on my ab's 2-3 times a week, by doing such ab exercises like leg raises + crunches.

3. Light cardio 2-3 times a week ? like 2.0/3.0 mph for around 30 mins im guessing ?

In the future i'm going to start lifting, like maybe in 4 weeks or so, but for now i just need something to keep me in the game if you catch my drift.

how much protein/fat/calories/etc should i be eating each day ?

Gabrielle
01-11-2005, 01:57 PM
how much did you weigh in these pics? your abs probably didn't show due to a combination of a not low enough body fat and lack of overall muscle mass..workout hard...gain a lot of size and worry about abs later...just work on building a base..so next time you cut you can hit the same weight or possibly higher, but ripped...start learning about nutrition in the diet and nutrition section of this board..start eating 4 to 6 meals, tracking your carbs, fats, and protein...and start a regular workout routine that you can follow and stick to...good luck...work hard and you will definitely reach your goals

GoodFella
01-11-2005, 02:08 PM
how much did you weigh in these pics? your abs probably didn't show due to a combination of a not low enough body fat and lack of overall muscle mass..workout hard...gain a lot of size and worry about abs later...just work on building a base..so next time you cut you can hit the same weight or possibly higher, but ripped...start learning about nutrition in the diet and nutrition section of this board..start eating 4 to 6 meals, tracking your carbs, fats, and protein...and start a regular workout routine that you can follow and stick to...good luck...work hard and you will definitely reach your goals

haha well, those pics were taking just now and since like 4 weeks ago ive been slacking because ive been researching lifting.

how long should i bulk for ?

AdmiralDan
01-11-2005, 02:12 PM
until you want to cut

Chubrock
01-11-2005, 05:27 PM
Doesn't September have 30 days??? :scratch:

Just "joshin" ya man.

GoodFella
01-11-2005, 06:17 PM
until you want to cut

when i will i know when its right ?

JTyrell710
01-11-2005, 06:34 PM
there's no right and wrong, with so little muscle and more fat on you, normally it'd be easier to cut first, because losing muscle would be less of a concern, but since your just starting out, I would go on a bulk first, but not too high- and then cut.
bodybuilding isn't supposed to be right or wrong, it supposed to be how you want to look, its your decision man.

btw goodfella- like the movie goodfellas??

GoodFella
01-11-2005, 08:30 PM
there's no right and wrong, with so little muscle and more fat on you, normally it'd be easier to cut first, because losing muscle would be less of a concern, but since your just starting out, I would go on a bulk first, but not too high- and then cut.
bodybuilding isn't supposed to be right or wrong, it supposed to be how you want to look, its your decision man.

btw goodfella- like the movie goodfellas??

haha love it =)

so basiclly with bulking ill be lifting + eating more/clean food and will be gaining weight ?

how much weight a week should i be gaining ?