PDA

View Full Version : I puked again.

Den Fisher
01-11-2005, 06:51 PM
This will be my second 3rd time puking since I've started lifting and bulking.

I was there lastnight, just got done with my can of tuna and protein shake.. I had one sip left in the shake and once I drank that little bit I was FULL. Breathing started to get hard, started overheating.. so I decided to brush my teeth to take my mind off it (I was gonna get a shower anyways) Then halfway through.. I thought I'm just not gonna keep this down. :(

So I did it right there in the bathroom sink.. lost 4 pounds of food, my chicken, brocoli, tuna, water, protein shake.

Now I'm wondering.. did I damage myself in anyway from this puke lastnight? I'm gonna try to not have it happen again. :|

Off-topic: I clogged the sink btw and started worrying "how am I gonna explain this one to the parents" I had the sink almost filled. And then transfered it to the toilet and then somehow plunged it with my hand after 20 minutes working on it. Then I shower and drank two scoops of my nitrean and got a shower.

smalls
01-11-2005, 07:35 PM
This will be my second 3rd time puking since I've started lifting and bulking.

I was there lastnight, just got done with my can of tuna and protein shake.. I had one sip left in the shake and once I drank that little bit I was FULL. Breathing started to get hard, started overheating.. so I decided to brush my teeth to take my mind off it (I was gonna get a shower anyways) Then halfway through.. I thought I'm just not gonna keep this down. :(

So I did it right there in the bathroom sink.. lost 4 pounds of food, my chicken, brocoli, tuna, water, protein shake.

Now I'm wondering.. did I damage myself in anyway from this puke lastnight? I'm gonna try to not have it happen again. :|

Off-topic: I clogged the sink btw and started worrying "how am I gonna explain this one to the parents" I had the sink almost filled. And then transfered it to the toilet and then somehow plunged it with my hand after 20 minutes working on it. Then I shower and drank two scoops of my nitrean and got a shower.

You damaged yourself, in that you didnt get the calories you where aiming for. But as long as you can get control of the problem then it shouldnt be damaging in anyother way.

I havent thrown up in 13 years, I think i'm gonna go for the record.

Optimum08
01-11-2005, 07:57 PM
im with smalls in that you only damaged yourself in the fact that u didn't get all those cals that u ralphed back up...and your throat might sting just because of the stomach acid comin up wit the food/liquid...i've really never had that problem...if i felt that full i would just sit until i either had to crap or burp or something to release some of the pressure...

andy51
01-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Did you eat these "4 pounds of food" at once because if you did thats probably a good reason to puke. Spread you food out in 5-7 meals throughout the day. It can be simple things like waiting 1.5 hours after you dinner to drink your shake. Look for options in your diet.

Den Fisher
01-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Did you eat these "4 pounds of food" at once because if you did thats probably a good reason to puke. Spread you food out in 5-7 meals throughout the day. It can be simple things like waiting 1.5 hours after you dinner to drink your shake. Look for options in your diet.

I ate dinner (chicken, brocoli) like 3-4 hours before this happened. Then the tuna and protein shake 10 minutes before the puking. Yeah, I'd say I lost around 900-1000 cals worth.

But hopefully it doesn't happen again!

Optimum08
01-11-2005, 08:10 PM
ya just keep at it....don't load it on too much....if u feel full just skip the protein shake or don't eat as much of the other stuff...just be logicial, cuz not getting the cals from the protein shake is better than losing all the cals of all that u have already eaten...stretching the volume of your stomach is a step-by-step process not just a one time deal....

JTyrell710
01-11-2005, 08:21 PM
hey, at least you got a few of those calories already digested, and yes puking is terrible for your vocal cords and throat.

eatmore
01-12-2005, 01:11 AM
dude, i had the same ****, thought it was normal... turns out its not man, after a year and a half i went to the doc finally, and i had some weird "disease" its not really... its just when the lining in ur stomach get to thin... and the acid bothers iut when u eat so u throw up... go to the doc, u might have it too... just pop a few pills and ur fixed after 2 months... no side effects, apparently a lot of young kids get this these days... prolly processed foods or soemthin... go to the docs

Dirt
01-12-2005, 04:45 AM
.. so I decided to brush my teeth to take my mind off it .

No mysterious disease. I'd bet money that is why you puked. I do that myself infrequently as well. I end up waking up in a rush, pounding back a big breakfast and rush to go brush my teeth and end up triggering my gag reflex and end up puking.

ryuage
01-12-2005, 05:50 AM
word of advice, puke in the toilet.

crazedwombat
01-12-2005, 08:05 AM
never puke after alcohol and cheese fries, they linger in your nose for awhile...ugh i want to puke just thinking of that.

If it keeps up i would do at Eatmore said.

TBone4Eva
01-12-2005, 09:43 AM
hey, at least you got a few of those calories already digested, and yes puking is terrible for your vocal cords and throat.
Not to mention it's not good for your teeth either.

Chrispy
01-12-2005, 06:01 PM
never puke after alcohol and cheese fries, they linger in your nose for awhile...ugh i want to puke just thinking of that.

If it keeps up i would do at Eatmore said.

eww that reminds me of when we were doing shots and my friend made me laugh and it came out my nose. actually when it came out my nose it wasn't anything hard which was good just pop and peach schnaupps but it sucked

GIS
01-12-2005, 07:11 PM
Um, puking isn't a normal reaction. I'd take a look at what your eating and either realize that you don't have to get ALL your day's calories in one meal and that it's possible your body is alergic to something.

Den Fisher
01-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Nah, I didn't puke because of brushing my teeth, processed foods, or allergic to somethin'.

I just cram food in to the maximum til I can hardly move. Remember I wanted to brush my teeth to try an take my mind off puking.

GIS
01-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Split up your meals better. Like I said, you don't have to eat all your day's calories in one meal. I can easily get 4,000 calories a day into 4 or 5 meals spread out over 15 hours

snowster900
01-13-2005, 06:28 PM
I have a question i just ate dinner probably just like 600-700 cals i was no where near full and i was just about done!! i got this feeling like i had to throw up i went ot the bathroom to lie down on the floor hoping i would not have just waited 700 calories.. but to late i threw up.. does this only take away the dinners calories ??
Say an hour before i had dinner i already had 2400 calories than i had dinner 600 more cals does it only take away the 600 cals?? ( BTW right afte i through up i was starving so i ate around another 600 cals so i woulnd't go short on cals for the day )

BigE54
01-16-2005, 03:57 PM
LMAO