PDA

View Full Version : CKD Question

Illuzionz
01-11-2005, 06:01 PM
Hi, I'm about to start a cut and I wanted to try a CKD this time. My question is about workout/carbo-loading schedule. Should I be doing cardio or lifting on the first day after loading? I could find compelling arguments for both, Cardio to help kick you back into ketosis and lifting to get the full benefits of the loading period. Right now this is my workout:

M - low carbs, Lift/moderate cadio
T - low carbs, extended cardio
W - low carbs, Lift/moderate cardio
Th - low carbs, extended cardio
F - low carbs in the AM, start loading after Lift/moderate cardio
Sat - Off, carbo-load
Sun - low carbs, Lift/moderate cardio

Does this look right?

Also, how important is the time of day that the carbs are gotten on the ketosis days? Right now, most of them are from the milk in a post-workout protien shake. Thanks for all the help.

Isaac Wilkins
01-11-2005, 06:23 PM
On a CKD you do NO carbs, not low carbs.

Carbs on non-carb days should be held to under 20g as a target, which is going to be trace carbs only. So no milk.

I found working out the day after carb-loading to be quite effective.

I would non-carb for Monday through Friday, then carb up Friday evening through Saturday until Sunday morning.

I lifted on Monday and Tuesday, and had a depletion workout on Friday. I didn't do much cardio while I was doing it, but probably would have on Sunday night and Monday/Tuesday.

Now I think I might do things a little differently, I might use the early training sessions to deplete and train heavy while carbing up (a la UD 2.0).

FenianIrish
01-12-2005, 04:39 PM
Why even bother with CKD? Straight up carbohydrate depletion (sub 10/day) has worked wonders for me.

Carbohydrates weren't neccessary to maintain workout intensity - my body seemed to "get used to" working without them after a couple weeks.

shootermcgavin7
01-12-2005, 06:49 PM
Carbohydrates weren't neccessary to maintain workout intensity - my body seemed to "get used to" working without them after a couple weeks.

Wow, that's completely opposite for me. The during the week workouts on CKD were miserable, I never "got used to" workout out with carbs.