PDA

View Full Version : help.

Matt04
01-12-2005, 03:33 AM
i am going to try and attempt a bulk and try and count calories but i am from australia and many of the products are not on fitday. where it says calories i canot fill it out because it does not say it on the nutritional box, it only has energy.

is there any formula to convert the energy in kj to calories?

i want to count the calories i take in each day then get an average, then plus 500 to it to bulk and increase each week, is this the proper way to bulk?

thanks,Matt04

Dirt
01-12-2005, 03:40 AM
i am going to try and attempt a bulk and try and count calories but i am from australia and many of the products are not on fitday. where it says calories i canot fill it out because it does not say it on the nutritional box, it only has energy.

is there any formula to convert the energy in kj to calories?

i want to count the calories i take in each day then get an average, then plus 500 to it to bulk and increase each week, is this the proper way to bulk?

thanks,Matt04

If you can get a general idea of how many calories you're taking in per day you should be fine. There's no real need to be anal about counting cals on a bulk if it's going to be a huge hassle for you. Set out a diet plan for a week or two weeks, see if you begin gaining weight in the following weeks, note how fast you're gaining. If you're not gaining, eat more. If you are gaining too fast eat slightly less. Anything over 1-2lbs a week will indicate you're gaining more fat than muscle. I noticed your stats and I have to say I wouldn't worry too much about precision on your bulk. You're light and lean, and have no where to go but up.

ryuage
01-12-2005, 04:51 AM
there is a choice on fitday to track in kj

Matt04
01-20-2005, 07:12 PM
i figured out that i am taking in about 1200-1500 calories a day, now i know why i am not gaining weight anymore.

how do u guys make 5-6 meals a day? i just cannot think of that many meals to have during the day. what are some nice bulking meals you guys like to have?

and does it get easyer after a while, it seems like trying to put on weight is so much of a hassle.

Matt04
01-21-2005, 07:18 PM
bump

Patz
01-21-2005, 11:43 PM
move to the USA..down with the metric system and all who use it!

Adam
01-22-2005, 12:16 AM
Look at the top of the forum page, "What a bodybuilder eats"
Read that.