PDA

View Full Version : Stopped Eating fast food... But saw bad results...

CanadianBad
01-12-2005, 04:33 PM
Now I assume everyone knows how horrible fast foood is. And Im not trying to say anything about it, neither good or bad. Im only speaking from my experience. I used to eat fast food 2-4 times a week. And my weight never fluctuated. Me and my buddy decided we would stop eating fast food (we were not working out at the time). So i havent eaten fast food in over 6 months. And to be honest I forget what it tastes like and I have no intentions of eating that crap again. However I feel as if my metabolism slowed. Now I dont know if it has to do with my working out or what But I have been slowly gaining weight.

I havent been eating more/less as far as meals go, however I think my meto slowed down alot. When i stopped the fast food my coke (pepsi) intake went down alot. Now Ive found my weight is unstable and I will literally lose some weight in a week and gain some the next week. I have a little beer belly growing which is more than likely from beer. But I still feel as though stopping fast food slowed down my meto.

Ive been trying to speed it up again by eating 5 small meals a day (and I have been seeing small success) but I am going to have to focus harder in the gym now to get my meto back up and start losing weight.

So mcdonalds and that crap isnt good for the insides, but maybe its okay at fueling the metabolism.

CanadianBad
01-12-2005, 04:35 PM
SO I feel as though I made a good choice as far as my overall heath (heart, blood pressure, cholesterol, much lower risk of dieabeties, ect). But aversly I feel as though I slowed my metabolism down.

EdgarMex
01-12-2005, 05:48 PM
why do you feel not eating fast food slowed down your metabolism?

snowster900
01-12-2005, 05:48 PM
are you tracking your calorie intake ? maybe somedays you at alot more than you do on other days and you dont even know it.. whats ur diet like?

Optimum08
01-12-2005, 05:59 PM
:withstupi....i doubt your quitting of eating mcdonalds/fast food had any detrimental effect whatsoever...im with snowster on the fact that you should track your cals...because your weight definetly fluctuates a few lbs. depending on when u weigh...etc. and many other factors...starting some cardio and getting more focused gym time will help you lose that beer belly...but i don't think stopping the consumption of fast food slowed down your metabolism...

GIS
01-12-2005, 07:05 PM
LIkely a mental thing for you. Eat clean and often while working out and your metabolism will keep purring.

waynis
01-12-2005, 07:46 PM
The fast food could have ruined your metabolism not helped it. All that junk into your body forces it to work very hard and not in a good way. Eventually your body says that's enough and you may be seeing effects from it now. Don't be fooled my thinking fast food is good in any way.

The_Brick
01-12-2005, 10:22 PM
I'd definitely start eating macdonalds again if I were you. Stat.

BigRic
01-12-2005, 11:37 PM
yah Double quarters asap those things are loaded with trans fat which coincidentally speeds up your metabolism.

JTyrell710
01-12-2005, 11:39 PM
Oh darn, i better start taking my spoonfulls of trans-fat again, my metabolisms gettin a little rusty. (joke)

CanadianBad
01-13-2005, 02:55 PM
Haha, No my diet fluctuates alot. I mean alot... Im getting better at managing it... But its hard with school and work at night... I think I will just work twice as hard in the gym...

Still I should clarify... After about 4 weeks of no fast food I felt alot healthier... I had A bite of KFC a while back and almost hurled it was so greasy.