PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic? 17 year old kid looking to make himself decent

Delirious
01-12-2005, 08:05 PM
Hi guys, thought I'd start one of these.

My "stats"
----------
Weight: 178 lbs
Height: 6'4

Goals
---------
No more fatty stomach
Cheeks become less chubby
Be healthier in general

Current stomach picture
http://img33.exs.cx/img33/9076/stomachjan1220051qr.jpg

Today I ate cheerios for breakfast, had a peppermint mocha frappucino at lunch. Went to work out after school - ran to gym through fairly hilly terrain. Met a nice guy who showed me some exercises. I did (admittedly, close to the minimum weights) 2 kinds of arm exercises, 2 kinds of shoulder exercises, 2 kinds of chest exercises (incline, reg. bench), and 2 kinds of back exercises (lat pulldown, sitting row).. forgot the terminology for shoulder/arm exercises, but I'll investigate soon. For dinner I had some boneless, skinless chicken, rice, and a glass of milk.

If anyone has any advice/criticism, I'd really like to hear it. I'll update this at least a couple times a week.

AdmiralDan
01-12-2005, 08:11 PM
eat more protein. eat real meals, not a frappucrappo. your calories seem a little low too. you may want to just do wbb#1. it is all set up, all you have to do is lift the weights

Delirious
01-12-2005, 08:13 PM
eat more protein. eat real meals, not a frappucrappo. your calories seem a little low too. you may want to just do wbb#1. it is all set up, all you have to do is lift the weights

I'm pretty weak so I'm keeping the weights fairly light as I build up. Maybe I should go swimming at the gym too, instead?

As for the meals ... I have very few options at school, but I can start packing lunches. Can you recommend something for me to make myself that's relatively simple that I can get at safeway? I looked through the nutrition forum ... Maybe some whole wheat bread and some tuna, with a tomato or something?

andy51
01-12-2005, 08:15 PM
ya dont be afraid of calories but be sure to keep your diet in check. Eating to little food wont allow you to build any muscle.

Good luck on your goals

fen2zla
01-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Welcome to WBB.

Check out the WBB routines. (http://www.wannabebig.com/category.php?cat=4). They are a good place to start. Just remember to use light weight's and to get the form correct before going too heavy.

Also check out what a bodybuilder eat's. (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565) There's heap's of information in that thread.

Also do a search of the site, you will find a lot more usefull information around that will help you out.

Good luck with your goals.

Delirious
01-12-2005, 08:19 PM
Becoming less fat is probably more important to me than gaining muscle. Do you think I should try the cutting routine as described in the "what a bodybuilder eats" thread? Thanks.

Focused70
01-12-2005, 08:20 PM
That's a lot of volume for the first time out.

:withstupi on what was said before.

Don't forget to EAT. EAT like eating's going out of style. EAT EAT EAT EAT and then go EAT some more. If necessary, I can post some pix of food to use as a good motivator. :D

Oh, and btw, have a :spam: brownie.

Stash

Delirious
01-12-2005, 08:23 PM
The question is if I eat eat eat (and then eat some more) am I going to lose fat?

fen2zla
01-12-2005, 08:25 PM
I would look at putting on a bit of muscle mass first before deciding to cut. But that's just me.

AdmiralDan
01-12-2005, 08:28 PM
yeah. if you cut now, you may be disappointed. i would reccommed starting with a bulk. and don't be afraid of the weights just because you aren't that strong. start wbb 1 and you will get strong. then when you have some muscle cut. as for something to eat at school, try tuna on whole wheat and see if you like it

andy51
01-12-2005, 09:11 PM
I would recommend bulking too.

And yes tuna on WW bread is a good option

another good option is chicken in some form, keeps well once cooked and packs the protein

Delirious
01-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Well, I'm a bit tired today, so I'll go work out again tomorrow. I love tuna on whole wheat/black bread, so that's what I'm going to keep eating. I'm also trying to increase my water intake.