PDA

View Full Version : Mega Metabolism - HELP!

Leviathan
02-20-2001, 03:55 PM
Ok fellas, I need some help - and I'd greatly appreciate it if you guys would save me the few hundred dollars I would have to spend to have a nutritionist give me common sense advice. Ok, on with the question...

Fact is... I have 'mega metabolism' - I'm 20 years old and I was a competitive swimmer up until I was 18 years old. So my body is very slim with little body fat. I have, however, been lifting regularly and consistently for a year now, and I have significantly more definition. The problem is, I can't seem to gain mass. I'm 172lbs and 6' in height. I do cardio exercise (martial arts) 2-3 days a week, and I lift 4 days a week.

The problem with the 6 meal/day plan, as I posted on the Training board, is that I can only manage to get in about 4 meals a day because of time constraints. Furthermore, I usually find I'm not even hungry for 4 meals a day (let alone 6), and I tend to feel that overstuffed nauseated feeling if I try to eat that much.

Does/Did anybody else ever experience this? How do you get around it?

Thanks.

P.S. I have heard that eating 6 smaller meals is better than eating 3 large meals. Right now I would say I eat light breakfasts, medium lunches, and large dinners, with a very light late-night meal (i.e. peanut butter sandwich)

Anthony
02-20-2001, 04:02 PM
There is only one way to gain weight. Eat more calories than your body burns off. It's that simple. If you are not gaining weight, you are not eating enough.

None of us have time to do this. But we choose to make time. I don't enjoy cooking or eating as much as I do, but I do enjoy the benefits I receive, so I deal with it.

If you want to make gains, you have to put the effort into it. That means you might have to change how you live your life. Look at your priorities and make a decision.