PDA

View Full Version : Signs you bulked too long...

suprarob
01-13-2005, 07:12 PM
I've been bulking for a while now and my belly is getting big and I feel stuffed all the time. If I eat anymore on this routine I will surely puke. So what are the signs of bulking too long, and I mean all of them...

PS:In the last 5 years or so I have gone from 129 to 195. I have never cut before. I was hoping to get to 200 lbs before I cut but I don't think I can. So any help appreciated!!!

ryuage
01-13-2005, 07:18 PM
5 more lbs, you can do it :)

andy51
01-13-2005, 07:19 PM
You have already gained 66lbs, dont quit 5 short of your goal.

Optimum08
01-13-2005, 07:19 PM
hmm i don't know the "signs" of bulking too long...but it sounds like you might wanna think about cutting soon...and if you do cut don't be afraid about losing weight...cuz if you cut correctly and maintain most of the muscle mass that u put on...you will (hopefully) shed the excess fat and maintain the muscle...which...since muscle weighs more than fat...would only let u lose a small amount of "weight"...

suprarob
01-13-2005, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the encouragement ryuage and Andy. I am part American Indian and my parents had 9 kids. All of us BONE skinny. Sisters that weigh 90lbs each. So at almost 6 ft and wiry I was determined to reach 200 some day, even if it almost killed me. Well it's killing me right now. I think I seriously need a cutting routine...

Optimum...recommend any cutting diet and exercise for me???

Thanks, Rob.

Optimum08
01-13-2005, 07:44 PM
hmmm...i mean if you want to go for the last five...im full of support...but sounds to me like u should start a cut...on that note...do u keep track of your cal intake? cuz if u don't u should start and www.fitday.com is a good place....and as for lifting/exercise...can you post you splits and workouts? most likely u would just add some HIIT or some type of cardio to your regular lifting schedule...and you would have to make sure u were in a cal deficit...thats why tracking cal intake is so important...i know it sounds like a pain in the ass...but thats the most accurate way...if not then you could just eat less and start increasing the cardio load...but i personally think its easier when u have a certain cal limit...

TheGimp
01-13-2005, 07:52 PM
IMNSHO:

I don't think it is worth continuing just for the sake of reaching 200 lbs. That's just a number. What you look like in the mirror is what counts :) If you feel like you've become too fat then it's time to cut.

Vido
01-13-2005, 08:01 PM
:withstupi

getfit
01-14-2005, 02:10 AM
IMNSHO:

I don't think it is worth continuing just for the sake of reaching 200 lbs. That's just a number. What you look like in the mirror is what counts :) If you feel like you've become too fat then it's time to cut.

Lexxi
01-14-2005, 03:02 AM
Ditto to what everyone else has said, if you don't like the look of yourself in the mirror, then cut. It sounds to me like you've gone on one huge bulk, instead of the more typical bulk over winter, cut for summer, repeat next year formula?

ryuage
01-14-2005, 04:41 AM
you dont have to bulk like that, like now im on the bulk over 2005 cut for 2006 routine, repeat :)

suprarob
01-14-2005, 05:59 AM
Thanks, I have never cut before but I feel it is time to do it. Wish me well.
Thanks, Rob.

PS:Can anyone recommended cutting routine and cut diet for me?

ryuage
01-14-2005, 06:32 AM
check the sticky at top, what a bodybuilder eats

suprarob
01-14-2005, 06:59 AM
Thanks, I see why ya made it a STICKY...ex. info...well here goes...

Shao-LiN
01-15-2005, 10:34 AM
hmm i don't know the "signs" of bulking too long...but it sounds like you might wanna think about cutting soon...and if you do cut don't be afraid about losing weight...cuz if you cut correctly and maintain most of the muscle mass that u put on...you will (hopefully) shed the excess fat and maintain the muscle...which...since muscle weighs more than fat...would only let u lose a small amount of "weight"...

I'm curious, when some people cut, they're actually afraid of losing weight? I know you want to maintain that hard earned mass, but losing weight sorta goes hand in hand with a cycle of cutting, unless you're of the lucky few who actually still put on LBM while you cut.

smalls
01-16-2005, 02:32 AM
you dont have to bulk like that, like now im on the bulk over 2005 cut for 2006 routine, repeat :)

I agree bro, the mirror is for people who want to look pretty lol. (no disrespect to the starter of the thread)

Suprarob, good luck with your cutting goals. Continue to read and learn, as dieting is a new process for you. Also good job on the weightgain thus far that's impressive coming from your background. Diet and get back on the bulk wagon.

suprarob
01-16-2005, 10:00 AM
Thanks Smalls and no offense taken. It's funny to see people I knew 10 years or so ago. They don't hardly recognize me due to the weight gain.

Odd thing tho, I still mentally see my self as not that big...

Thanks, Rob.

ryan-
01-16-2005, 03:25 PM
Hey man, I'm in the exact same boat as you. I started at 130, now weigh 185. I'd love to reach 200 but I'm starting to get a belly. About a week ago, maybe 2 weeks, I started cutting my calories to just over 2000, from 4000. I still lift with the same routine (high weight, lower reps).

So like you I'm wondering, what kind of lifting routine do I need? I know what to eat and what not to eat. My main concern is, do I have to continue lifting 3 times a week, and then cardio the other 3 days? Because I REALLY don't want to do that, I'm newly married and I just don't feel like spending every single night in the gym away from the wife.

But hey, if it's just not possible to maintain muscle mass and lose body fat without going to the gym 6 nights a week, then I guess I'll just have to do it.

So, just thought I'd throw in my two cents. Good job suprarob and keep it up.

Vido
01-16-2005, 03:49 PM
I agree bro, the mirror is for people who want to look pretty lol. (no disrespect to the starter of the thread)

Bodybuilding IS about looking "pretty".

The mirror SHOULD be your guide, scale weight is irrelevant.

Dirt
01-16-2005, 04:23 PM

smalls
01-17-2005, 11:14 AM

Maybe someday, but right now, for alot of us it's about setting a weight goal and reaching it. If I tracked progress through a mirror it would be extremelely difficult to know if I was eating enough to gain weight, JMO.
I'm 97lbs up from where I started, cutting is about looking pretty but right now it's just about getting bigger.

Teufelhund
01-17-2005, 11:54 AM
I hear you there, smalls. MORE MASS! I don't mind not having a six pack most of the time.

suprarob
01-17-2005, 02:56 PM
The mirror is scary to me, lol.

snowster900
01-17-2005, 06:26 PM
lol, ive been bulking for a while... and i just reached 160 im still pretty lean and i love geting stronger day by day .. i dont want to cut to look sexy for the summer hehe.

greekboy80
01-18-2005, 01:25 PM
ive been bulking since mid october. went from 200(mid-Oct) to 219(mid-jan) yesterday. i have gained some fat. but with a 20 pound weight gain i have gained only 1 inch around my waist.

I think thats pretty good. how about you guys? think thats pretty decent?

Vido
01-18-2005, 04:23 PM
Maybe someday, but right now, for alot of us it's about setting a weight goal and reaching it. If I tracked progress through a mirror it would be extremelely difficult to know if I was eating enough to gain weight, JMO.
I'm 97lbs up from where I started, cutting is about looking pretty but right now it's just about getting bigger.

That doesn't make any sense though. I could say I want to hit 250 and pound food 'til my heart's content and reach that weight pretty easily. Would I look good though? Hell no.

smalls
01-19-2005, 11:26 AM
That doesn't make any sense though. I could say I want to hit 250 and pound food 'til my heart's content and reach that weight pretty easily. Would I look good though? Hell no.

But you could say you want to hit 250, train progressively, eat clean and hit that goal looking decent. In fact that is my goal for 2005.

What you saying obviously makes sense, but if I had used the mirror I would have a very hard time making progress. But to agree with you, I actually start dieting soon, half the reason I'm saying what i'm saying is cuz I'm not looking forward to dieting. I think I may hate it more than bulking, lol.
Also I will weight 250 in 2005 and look sexy while doing so.

Vido
01-19-2005, 03:52 PM
Fair enough. I think there's a happy medium where you should use both the mirror and the scale to monitor progress on a bulk. If you're not gaining scale weight, you're clearly not getting any bigger. That being said, scale weight doesn't necessarily equate to muscle.

I prefer the mirror because I've got a pretty good handle on whether I'm growing or not; I don't need concrete numbers to tell me so.

MiamiBallin69
01-19-2005, 06:15 PM
Try this, Eat and sleep and take craps and dont exercise at all for a few days and those 5 pounds will come trust me. Some cheesecake might do the trick. Once in 2 weeks I gained 20 pouinds due to intense cheesecake eating but luckily I lost 10 of them and stayed at a nice 203.

smalls
01-20-2005, 12:36 AM
Fair enough. I think there's a happy medium where you should use both the mirror and the scale to monitor progress on a bulk. If you're not gaining scale weight, you're clearly not getting any bigger. That being said, scale weight doesn't necessarily equate to muscle.

I prefer the mirror because I've got a pretty good handle on whether I'm growing or not; I don't need concrete numbers to tell me so.

I agree, use both. I need those numbers though, i'm the scales bitch.

"edit" Hence the avatar, lol.