PDA

View Full Version : "best" alchohol

jrwood
01-14-2005, 02:29 PM
allright ive come to face it that no matter how much i try and no matter how much i want to continue to cut up im still going to drink. and i probably drink a little more than "moderatly". so my question is are some drinks better for you that others? if anyone knows where i can get the calorie info of all alchohols that would be great. but i was also wondering about water retention. does other alchohol make you look all bloated like beer?

TheGimp
01-14-2005, 03:04 PM
Alcohol is bad for you plain and simple.

If you're going to have anything more than a couple of drinks then the best you can do would be spirits with diet mixers to minimise the number of empty calories you're drinking. Also watch out for your eating habits when you drink.

Vido
01-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Hard alcohol will not make you bloated.

justhrowit
01-14-2005, 03:30 PM
Stick with clear liquor as they have the least amount of sugars in them. Vodka is a good one. Stick with clear pop as well....sprite and 7 up are good ones. Someone already said it......watch what you eat wwhen your drink!

Trent_Steel
01-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Dont drink any larger or beer, thats the worst type, apart from alcopops, but lets not go there :(

waynis
01-14-2005, 05:53 PM
vodca and scotch would probably the best choice but alcohol still makes you dehydrated, still releases cortisol, still lowers testosterone. I recently gave it up. It was one of the hardest decisions of my life but I think i'am done with it. I'am full dedicated to my health and working out. Tommorrow a friend is turning 21 and i'am taking him out. I'am going to a pub where they have food so atleast I can eat something to get my mind off it.

Shark
01-14-2005, 08:29 PM
I would do vodka shots or drink rum and diet coke. Those are staple for me if I am going to drink. Drinking will not kill you, but binge eating while drunk WILL PUT ON POUNDS. TRUST ME! Seriously, if you wanna drink once or twice a week do it, but just watch your food while drunk.

PYROTAK
01-14-2005, 09:01 PM
I would do vodka shots or drink rum and diet coke. Those are staple for me if I am going to drink. Drinking will not kill you, but binge eating while drunk WILL PUT ON POUNDS. TRUST ME! Seriously, if you wanna drink once or twice a week do it, but just watch your food while drunk.

lol speaking of which i gained 4 lbs during rush week! WOOHOO!

Optimum08
01-14-2005, 11:58 PM
i can never binge eat while im drinking, but just keep the drinkin in as much moderation as you can...and keep to hard clear liquor with diet mixers (preferably) binge eating only affects me after a fatty blunt...

Huolihan92
01-16-2005, 11:43 PM
Bacardi and diet cola. 0 carbs low cals. Like the sign says

Adam
01-17-2005, 12:22 AM
alcohol is a carbohydrate. therefor you are wrong.
Drink whatever the **** you want. Just don't make it a regular occcurance. Im drunk righjt now. But its the first time in 18months so i don't care.

Lance
01-17-2005, 06:55 AM
Would pure grain alcohol/everclear be the least amount of calories for the alcohol ingested?

I don't drink very often, but occasionally if there's a kiler party going on i love to go. I allways look to hard alcohol before beer to do the deed to try to do the least amount of damage, and i just hate the beer bloat. =)

I allways try for vodka, but i'm thinking maybe grain alcohol would be even better for these reasons.

Adam
01-17-2005, 07:11 AM
It would have less calories. But..... you have a chance of over dosing.

scrutdada
01-17-2005, 09:27 AM
bacardi and diet coke. no sugar, no carbs. light beers are always a good choice as well. if you wanna drink, get drunk fast, and drink the least amount of booze possible, just drink gin martinis.

MixmasterNash
01-17-2005, 12:18 PM
As with all things, in moderation. However, you all are basically teetotalling crazies.

You can both bulk and gain muscle, or stay very lean, while drinking fairy huge amounts of alcohol every week, in any form. It is incredibly unimportant that you get a few hundred or a thousand cals from booze compared to the rest of your food intake for the week. Also, the hormonal effects and dehydration are probably minimal with normal drinking.

Moral of the story:
Drink in moderation, if you want to. It ain't gonna hurt your bodybuilding.

Jezmason
01-19-2005, 07:33 AM
Brandy and diet coke, yeaaah, a nice expensive brandy, look all sophistomacated and sheat

Jezmason
01-19-2005, 07:33 AM
And if your cutting i would only drink on your cheat day, to be safe