PDA

View Full Version : All Milk And Protein Shake Diet With Some Extras

Walking Beast
01-15-2005, 07:04 PM
Hey all!! My eating has been **** lately. Not eating near as much as I should. Ive learned I can hold much more milk then I can food however. I have a ****ed up digestive system so makes it more difficult. Im looking for solutions now. Heres an idea I came up with. I decided to drink a gallon to a gallon and a half milk each day (2% fat). A gallon provides me with 2400 calories and 128 grams of protein. A gallon and a half is 3600 cals and 192 grams of protein. Id like to add a protein shake or two to that, and whatever I may consume ontop of that. Might not be much extra though. Almost an all liquid diet. I also am going to start taking olive oil for extra cals. My goals are to gain size and strength now.How does this idea sound? ThanX for the feedback!

snowster900
01-15-2005, 07:08 PM
Well i dont that much milk would be such a good idea. IMO

Walking Beast
01-15-2005, 07:10 PM
Well i dont that much milk would be such a good idea. IMO

Why bad? Whats the difference between getting nutrients in a liquid or solid form? Has to be better then how my eating has been lately. Any improvement should aid me at this point. My digestion seems slow, but worse is that I can only hold so much food. If I eat too much Ill end up vomitting it out. I have no problem drinking a gallon of milk or more. I get lactose free milk. ThanX!

Cubby
01-15-2005, 07:11 PM
wow, that would kill me, I drink 1-1/5 litres a day of milk and that almost kills me, I can't imagine drinking a gallon

getfit
01-15-2005, 07:16 PM
i love my milk! i must go though 2 litres a day that's while i'm eating my PB ;)

TTT
01-15-2005, 07:21 PM
My digestion seems slow...

You drink nothing but milk and protein powder and then we'll see how slow your digestion is.... :)
No fibre=bad.

AdmiralDan
01-15-2005, 07:23 PM
is that all you eat? won't eating only one thing f*** up your digestive system?

if you are looking to eat as many calories as possible, eat as much solid food as you can(but not to the point of vomiting) try olive oil and natural peanut butter. then try adding a weight gainer shake or some mrps

RussianRocket
01-15-2005, 07:35 PM
YOu need some solid food.

Walking Beast
01-15-2005, 07:52 PM
wow, that would kill me, I drink 1-1/5 litres a day of milk and that almost kills me, I can't imagine drinking a gallon

I could drink 2 gallons in a day. Ive come close. I used 25oz glasses. Five of those is basically a gallon.

Walking Beast
01-15-2005, 07:53 PM
i love my milk! i must go though 2 litres a day that's while i'm eating my PB ;)

I do the same. Peanut butter,cheese and some sliced meat throughout the day with lots of milk, a protein shake and maybe one actual meal.

Walking Beast
01-15-2005, 07:54 PM
You drink nothing but milk and protein powder and then we'll see how slow your digestion is.... :)
No fibre=bad.

I could throw in some fruits and veggies.

TheGimp
01-15-2005, 07:55 PM
I would not recommend it. You will be missing out on vitamins, minerals, fibre and phytonutrients. EFAs too, but that can be corrected with some fish oil caps.

EDIT: Just missed your last post :) It's starting to sound better.

Walking Beast
01-15-2005, 07:57 PM
is that all you eat? won't eating only one thing f*** up your digestive system?

if you are looking to eat as many calories as possible, eat as much solid food as you can(but not to the point of vomiting) try olive oil and natural peanut butter. then try adding a weight gainer shake or some mrps

Its not all I eat currently. But itll be the bulk of my diet if I switch to this diet. I just bought 4 gallons of milk. Drinking a gallon and a half is too expensive for me (lactose free) so Ill stick to a gallon. Sounds good, but problem is the solid food aint doing the trick lately. Calories are still too low and Im very full. Im using olive oil and peanut butter already also. Milk is becoming my new weight gain shake. haha ThanX again!

Walking Beast
01-15-2005, 07:58 PM
YOu need some solid food.

I might eat one actual solid meal. haha There will also be snacks such as peanut butter, cheese and colcuts throughout the day.

Walking Beast
01-15-2005, 08:00 PM
I would not recommend it. You will be missing out on vitamins, minerals, fibre and phytonutrients. EFAs too, but that can be corrected with some fish oil caps.

EDIT: Just missed your last post :) It's starting to sound better.

ThanX brother!! I must find a way! I have fish oil caps already. Taking some olive oil. I mix it in my oatmeal with protein powder. Might have to add some veggies. ThanX!!

Vido
01-15-2005, 09:02 PM
You can take whole food and blend it up into a shake. This should make it easier to consume, but at least you will be getting more nutrients.

BigE54
01-15-2005, 09:17 PM
Deffinatelly need some fruits and veggies like you said if you're gonna do this. And some vitamins.

NaturalBuilder
01-15-2005, 11:53 PM
I could throw in some fruits and veggies.

Uh, yea, you could and should! Only around 60-80g of your protein intake should come from supplement form, according to Dr. John Berardi. That usually equals out to about 2-3 shakes daily depending on the g/serving breakdown. I usually just take two servings of Biotest Grow, along with a post workout anabolic shake called Countdown.
Cheese
Lean meats
Nuts
Eggs

Settle down on the milk and shakes bro! There are tons of good tasting, healthy foods high in protein.

As you said, throw in some raw fruits and vegetables and you are off to a very good start.

smalls
01-16-2005, 02:17 AM
Why bad? Whats the difference between getting nutrients in a liquid or solid form? Has to be better then how my eating has been lately. Any improvement should aid me at this point. My digestion seems slow, but worse is that I can only hold so much food. If I eat too much Ill end up vomitting it out. I have no problem drinking a gallon of milk or more. I get lactose free milk. ThanX!

I drink about 1.5 gallons on normal skim milk a day and I'm fine. That part I dont think is a big deal. I would just add in some whole grains here and there to get the fiber intake. I like vido's idea of adding whole foods to the shakes (oatmeal would be great). Forget the veggies, who eats that **** anyway, lol. I'm assuming your taking in a multivitamin-mineral supp a few times a day. And that every once and a while you will be eating a meal. I think if your digestive system handles this better than a normal intake of food then go for it and see how your progress comes.

Natural builder can you give his explanation or a link for only getting 60-80g of protein from supplement form. And I really dont understand why he should "settle down on the shakes and milk". Different strokes, as they say.

smalls
01-16-2005, 02:22 AM
As a side note to walking beast. Take everything posted with a grain of salt. You obviously know a thing or two about eating to grow (probably alot more than most of the people giving you advice). You know your body best, get those small things added to this diet and see how you like it.

Manveet
01-16-2005, 10:07 AM
You can take whole food and blend it up into a shake. This should make it easier to consume, but at least you will be getting more nutrients.
:withstupi

The only drawbacks I think of to an all liquid diet are:

1) Lack of nutrients (which can be made up for through supplementation)

2) Problems with satiation (probably not a big deal on a bulk)

3) Pissing constantly

body
01-16-2005, 10:44 AM
Deffinatelly need some fruits and veggies like you said if you're gonna do this. And some vitamins.

I go through 300 gram of banana roughly a day via protien shakes.
thats about 10-15 grams fibre a go. use some of that milk on a all bran cereal. that will allow you to get over 20 grams of fibre in total. this should help with your digestion.

peanut butter, banana protien shakes are nice.plus add a variety of nutrients