PDA

View Full Version : 260 lbs to 187 lbs!

IrideVolks
01-16-2005, 01:52 AM
Hey guys I'm not really new to the forum, i just have'nt spoke out. I lost about 73 lbs in a year and 4 months. I started working out about 9 months ago and regained some muscle. I have flabby mid-section and chest. Should I go on a bulk? and then cut again? Any suggestions? Thanx

IrideVolks
01-16-2005, 01:54 AM
Height is 6'0

Adam
01-16-2005, 02:34 AM
IMO keep dieting until the progress slows significantly. Then add some CLEAN calories and start slappin on the muscle.

Doug H
01-16-2005, 04:03 PM
How did you lose the weight? I've been lifting for months and have gotten much stronger but haven't lost any weight. I'm almost exactly your size when you started.

Adam
01-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Doug, did you change your eating habits?

POPS
01-16-2005, 06:37 PM
well tough old man had big love handles but doesn't now as I had lipo done on them Dec. 9th. They sure look smaller now and will take three month for final results. can't wait. As for an answere to your ? if you feel like your present weight is down to your goal then yes by all means start a bulk and then cut.

IrideVolks
01-18-2005, 11:51 AM
I lost the weight by dieting and exercise. I really dont think my sides are that bad, but they are killing my physique. I just want them to tighten up. Someone said it might just be stubborn fat. Any suggestions will help. Thanx

FenianIrish
01-18-2005, 01:09 PM
I have really wide hips, and last place I lose fat is my midsection - so naturally it appears that I have some love handle action even though I'm quite lean everywhere else.

Depending on what ethnicity you are, you're going to lose fat first in some places, and last in some places. If your sides and / or belly (like me) are the last place you lose weight - its just going to take a more significant cut to get to where you want. Just need to be patient, and most importantly, NEVER GIVE UP!

IrideVolks
01-18-2005, 08:52 PM
Yes , I agree with you. I've lost my weight in cycles. A litte bit here and a little bit there. I'm on a cut right now and down 8 lbs when i started. I think when i get down to 180 my sides will start to come in more. All my extra weight is on my mid-section. Thanx for the boost.

waynis
01-18-2005, 09:11 PM
If your six foot 187lbs you need to start bulking up. Your not overweight for your height you just don't have enough lean muscle. I suggest eating lots of lean proteins and continue with a clean diet but bump up calories. Eventually your body will start to take shape. There's no quick fixes. I been lean but no six pack for over a year and it's really frustrating. It takes determination. All or nothing for some people to get that six pack. Congrats on dropping the weight. I bet you feel a ton better in many ways. :nod:

IrideVolks
01-18-2005, 09:28 PM
Yeh, I can't really explain the feeling. I'm thinking i should go on a bulk too. I dont want a six pack though, i just want more muscle mass. I feel as if i continue to cut more, i will get flabbier. Thanx for the comments everyone. Suggestions are great. Thanx