PDA

View Full Version : Cardio hindering muscle growth?

Fach
01-16-2005, 04:14 PM
Hey everyone, I am going to start the WBB1 program after about a year and a half away from weight training. My question is in regards to my current amount of cardio combined with the WBB1 program. I get about 2-3 hours/day about 3 days a week playing basketball. My ultimate goal is one of reducing body fat % not to gain size and adding a weight training program will help reduce muscle atrophy. However, I know cardio along w/ diet is key. This would nicely fit in on my rest days but how will this much cardio effect my muscle growth? I would like to avoid greatly reducing my cardio since I enjoy the competition and stress relief. FYI, I'm 5'11, 191lbs.

ryuage
01-16-2005, 04:50 PM
i dont get it, you said you dont want to gain size, but you are worried about muscle growth??? :scratch:

Fach
01-16-2005, 04:59 PM
i dont get it, you said you dont want to gain size, but you are worried about muscle growth??? :scratch:

Sorry, let me clear that up. What I am concerned about is sticking strictly with an intense cardio program and losing my current muscle mass. I would like to add a weight training program to address this. But keeping with my current cardio program, will adding a weight training program even matter since so much cardio will be occuring during rest periods and possibly even on training days?

ryuage
01-16-2005, 05:07 PM
if you want to keep your current muscle yes get a weight training routine down, and you shouldnt lose any so long as you are eating enough to supply your body with the nutrients it needs.