PDA

View Full Version : Hows this for a cutting diet?

CBates
11-18-2001, 09:13 AM
I was wondering could tell me how this is for a cutting diet and where I would need to improve it any by adding more fats/carbs..
BTW, due to my work schedule it's pretty much impossible to change the times that I eat the meals/snacks..

8am
egg omelets made with egg whites, fat free cheese, and low fat ham.

9am
whey protein shake with a cup and a half of skim milk

12:15pm
a serving of pretzels

2pm
can of tuna

5pm
apple

9pm
either a salas with chicken slices in it or a baked piece of chicken with some veggies

11pm

Please let me know of room for improvement. I'm thinking I need to add something inbetween the 5 & 9 slot, but what would be good to add there? Another protein shake or maybe some more fats or carbs?

Wizard
11-18-2001, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by CBates
I was wondering could tell me how this is for a cutting diet and where I would need to improve it any by adding more fats/carbs..
BTW, due to my work schedule it's pretty much impossible to change the times that I eat the meals/snacks..

8am
egg omelets made with egg whites, fat free cheese, and low fat ham.
Very good.Add a tbsp of olive or flaxseed oil or add some egg yolks and it's perfect.

9am
OK

12:15pm
a serving of pretzels
You have to add some protein here.If you're @ work try to have a protein shake.Pretzels cause a rapid insulin release so you can have something else.

2pm
can of tuna
Ok.Just add a tbsp of flaxseed or olive oil

5pm
apple
Add some protein here too.

9pm
either a salad with chicken slices in it or a baked piece of chicken with some veggies
Very good

11pm
Ok

Please let me know of room for improvement. I'm thinking I need to add something inbetween the 5 & 9 slot, but what would be good to add there? Another protein shake or maybe some more fats or carbs?
If you have some milk protein @ 5 p.m you don't have to worry about the big gap between the two meals.You should definitaly consider adding some fat to the diet.

CBates
11-18-2001, 10:01 AM
What kind of fats would you suggest? Obviously not fast food or ice cream or junk food like that. Like from peanut butter, beef, or what? If so what kind of peanut butter or beef? Like reduced fat peanut butter or a specific brand or lean beef? Thanks for the advice.

big calvin
11-18-2001, 10:20 AM
natural peanuts butter(has to be natural!!)
flax oil
olive oil
canola oil
peanuts

if u want to add some more i like:
red meat :D

CBates
11-18-2001, 10:33 AM
Just one more question about the peanut butter. What would be the best way to eat it? Like straight out of the jar or as a sandwich? It seems like I would just be adding unnecessary carbs eating it like a sandwich, but I'm not too sure about it. Also is there any other kind of fats that you would recommend? Thanks

Wizard
11-18-2001, 10:52 AM
Have only olive oil and flaxseed oil and just include 1-2 egg yolks to your breakfast.
Avoid peanut butter.
Have the fats that I suggested you in meals that don't contain carbohydrates.

CBates
11-18-2001, 11:07 AM
Wizard, what are some examples of food that contains olive oils and flaxseed oils that are low in carbs.? I'll start adding the egg yolks with my breakfast tomorrow. Thanks

Wizard
11-18-2001, 11:19 AM
You can buy flax seed oil from a nutritional supplements store.
The olive oil can be purchased in the super market.

I'm talking about oils,not meals that contain fats.
I just suggested you to avoid consuming these oils(and any type of fat as well) in combination with meals that contain carbohydrates.

Celestial
11-20-2001, 12:10 AM
Have the peanut butter on celery...

Wizard
11-20-2001, 02:14 AM
Don't eat the peanut butter. :disagree:

smalls
11-20-2001, 01:56 PM
Wizard,
why not have the pb, do you really think it would be that big of a deal. Just wondering.:)

Tryska
11-20-2001, 02:01 PM
if you are going low-carb, you need to not skimp on the fat in your meals.

blackie, why doesn't he just use regular cheese with meal one? that fat free cheese means there are carbs in there that shoudn't be.

Wizard
11-20-2001, 02:05 PM
Tryska,the amount of carbs in the lo fat cheese is too low to promote any insulin secretion..

It's better to avoid calorie-dense foods as full fat cheese when dieting.(smalls,that's why I suggested CBates not to eat any pb.. you can easily go overboard on pb..)

Tryska
11-20-2001, 02:10 PM
well you and i differ in opinion on that one..but i understand what you are syaing about trigger foods for some people though...

Wizard
11-20-2001, 02:18 PM
If we talk about someone who has discipline,then we can even agree... ;)

smalls
11-20-2001, 04:02 PM
That makes sense.

PB=:drooling: