PDA

View Full Version : Journal of REWP progress.

The_Brick
01-17-2005, 05:43 PM
This journal will document my progress from today (01/18/05) until February 28 (02/28/05). So about a month and a half. The aim is to get bodyfat level down to increase vascularity and abdominals visibility.

I am using the REWP (C) method which I have created myself. REWP is an attempt to mimic the natural processes of nature in which you don't work at set times, for a given amount of time. Similarly in nature we don't eat the same foods day in day out, nor are the same amounts of foods accessible.

So in an attempt to mimic natural processes REWP will be applied.

REWP = Randomized Eating and Workout Plan (C).

On any given day I may complete a variety of given activities ranging from light walking to high intensity swimming, to powerlifting. Each day what I eat will be completely randomised. In nature sometimes an animal will expend more energy attaining an item of food than the food gives back. This workout process aims to mimic not only that, but also the times when the animal does little work for a big reward.

Extreme examples could include a day involving only light walking for exercise but might include 5 or 6 high calorie meals. At the reverse end of the spectrum; One day I might complete 600m of High Intensity freestyle swimming followed immediately by a powerlifting workout. That whole day I might only eat a before workout meal (breakfast) a post workout meal (lunch) and before bed meal (dinner).

The body will be in an overall caloric deficit for the period. Wether bf% will drop is another question as the REWP method is new. We do not know what to expect.

Here's hoping I see some good gains.

Currently I weigh 176lbs @ 17% bodyfat.

Chubrock
01-17-2005, 05:50 PM
Our stats are pretty damn similar man. Good luck with the Random Stuff.

The_Brick
01-18-2005, 02:20 AM
01/18/05

Ok this program is cool, it feels like I'm in a neverending calorie burning session.

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: 3 weet bix with low fat milk.

Lunch: Half a pack of BBQ shapes. Small bag of dorritos. 4 tim tams (choc biscuits) and a coffee. 5g glucodin and 5g creatine with water.

Afternoon snack: Tim Tam crush, ingredients 3 tim tams, 1.5cups low fat milk, coffee, ice. Blended and down.

Dinner: 4 crumbed Lamb cutlets cooked in olive oil, small-medium serve mash potato, medium serve cabbage, medium serve carrots.

Workout: 5km walking. Sprinting and jogging at intervals.
1500m rowing.
100 weighted situps.
45 minute bodypump class.

And once my dinner settles im going for a 2km walk around the burbs.
Thanks for being the first to check out my journal Chubrock, I'll be sure and check out yours.

AdmiralDan
01-18-2005, 03:07 AM
good luck with the new plan. it sounds a little out there, but it also sounds like it may actually work

Coke
01-18-2005, 05:16 AM
Wish you the best in getting ripped the way you want...you should do nicely as long as you stay focused.

The_Brick
01-19-2005, 12:00 AM
Breakfast:
- Small serving nutri grain, with low fat milk.
Lunch:
- Tuna/Lettuce/Tomato S/wich on high protein oatmeal bread with tiny bit of lemon tartare.
- Natty Apple Juice + 5g Creatine + 5g Glucodin.
Pre-workout:
- glucosamine/fish oil capsule, Light "Yakkut" probiotic.
Post workout:
- Tuna/lettuce/tomato/capsicum S/wich high protein oatmeal bread.
- Natty Apple juice.
Dinner: Home made beef pie (pastry, low fat mince, peas, carrots) + mashed potato with vegetables + tomato sauce.

Workout:
100 crunches.
15 minutes exercycle (1.5km) medium intensity.
20 minutes treadmill, fast walk/run 2km.
10 minutes on cross trainer.
10 minutes on stepper.
3 sets/12 reps leg presses@180lbs
20 minutes of boxing with 400gm weighted gloves.
Washed my car in the sun.
2km walk around the burbs

I don't do calorie counting but I definitely feel like im in a caloric deficit. I've already lost 2.5lbs since about 4 days before i started this journal. Arm definition is getting high but abs still not even close. I worked out today with this chick who works at the gym, an old friend so dont laugh at my use of the stepper. Man that is a weird machine. I kept sinking. :)

Chubrock
01-19-2005, 07:05 AM
GEEZ Brick. I'm tired from just readin about all that cardio. Good lookin stuff though man. I wish I could wash my truck in the sun. It's just so dam cold here right now I'd probably get phenmounia.

AdmiralDan
01-19-2005, 08:18 AM
man brick that is a lot of cardio. no wonder you are losing so well

ryuage
01-19-2005, 08:21 AM
that is a very unique approach :) randomized is the way to go

The_Brick
01-20-2005, 12:03 AM
Chubrock: Yeah its a fair bit of cardio but i got uni summer vacation and a lot of recovery time. Yeah it's great washing your car in the sun ey, it was about pretty hot here yesterday. Looks like hail right now!

AdmiralDan: Yeah I haven't done a lot (read: any) cardio in the past 6 months so It's newbie gains.

Ryuage: Yeah I gotta be unique and special. ;)

Meal 1: 3 weet bix, low fat milk and a Coffee.

Meal 2: Small serving of home cooked beef pie. Yakkut Light Probiotic, Glucosamine + Fish oil cap.

Meal 3: 2 medium slices of watermelon. 5g glucodin, 5g creatine in water.

Meal 4: Medium serve of crumbed perch fillet cooked in olive oil. Medium serve pasta salad. Large serve green salad. Apple juice. 2 flaxseed oil caps.

Training:

Deadlifts:
1set-10reps @ 190lbs
3sets-8 reps @ 245lbs
1set-8reps 225lbs
2sets-2reps @ 335lbs.
1set-8reps@ 110lbs.

Powercleans:
3 sets-8reps @ 110lbs (through in about 8 overhead presses and behind the neck presses once I cleaned the bar)

Bench DB Pullovers:

4sets- 18 reps@ 45lbs

Cardio:

Boxing: 6 rounds @ 4-5 minutes each

Treadmill: 2km/20 minutes moderate walking and fast sprinting/jogging at intervals.

100 crunches.

2km walk around the burbs.

Have you ever seen a T-shirt that weighed about 3lbs from sweat? :)

AdmiralDan
01-20-2005, 05:47 AM
i have a couple questions regaurding REWP training. first, do you get a certain amount of protein(say 1g per pound of bodyweight so 180g a day) or do you allow your randomized diet to dictate how much protein you get? and second, do you roll dice or have some other type of program to randomize your meals, or do you rely on your own spontanuity(sp) to choose meals and workouts?

Chubrock
01-20-2005, 06:51 AM
Deadlifts lookin nice man. Wish I could pull that much, but me and deadlifts don't agree. Everything's lookin good and random as usual lol.

Tank23
01-20-2005, 09:34 AM
Hey Brickster! You've got an interesting plan of attack here mate, I'll be sure to keep tuned into this journal. I'd be interested in finding out how it all goes.

Deads are looking decent there mate.

The_Brick
01-20-2005, 10:31 PM
AdmiralDan: Mate, I basically just eat whatever I want when I want, but generally try and keep it healthy and in my mind it contains less energy than I burned during the day and I always eat a decent amount of protein. I guess you could call it instinctive eating. As for training, I look at what part of my body needs a lift and hit it, or just hit it all over like deadlifts combined wit copious amounts of cardio.

Chubrock: Thanks a lot man, I must point out they are sumo deadlifts. have you tried sumo? they might be easier for your bodytype, certainly works for me.

Tank23: Cool another Aussie, howsit goin mate. Thanks for the interest mate, I am trying to basically hook in as hard as I can and then do some more. I'm not sure how my bodys responding, im gonna check bf% in 2 weeks.

Meal 1: Medium serve nutri grain with whole milk.
Coffee and a tim tam.

Meal 2: Turkey+ Salad sandwhich, fish capsule, light probiotic yakkut.

Meal 3: Medium Bowl of pasta salad. Medium Milo with whole milk.

Meal 4: Chicken schnitzel (olive oil), garden salad, serving of cheese. 1 Slice of high protein bread.

Meal 5: 2 fish oil caps and a low fat youghurt.

Workout:

100 crunches.

Boxing: 12 * 2 minute rounds medium-high intensity.

Treadmill: 20 minutes/2km 5.5km/h.

Weights:
Close grip bench press.
3 sets/12 reps @ 60/70/80 KG
A triple @ 100kg just for kicks.

Tricep Pulldowns:
3 sets/12 reps @ Machine.

Benched dumbell pullovers: (Yes I did these yesterday :D )
3 sets 12 reps @ 23kg

2km walk around the burbs. (Killer...not)
Swoit mate. That's about it.

Chubrock
01-21-2005, 07:00 AM
Nice lookin session man, and the diet looked pretty good, especially for being random and what not.

The_Brick
01-23-2005, 04:27 PM
Thanks Chubrock.

Saturday: Worked 12 hour shift all day. Maybe I walked 1500m that day.

Sunday: Got on a plane went to Melbourne.

Today: Hi I'm in Melbourne. Gonna walk around the city and buy stuff. :thumbup: