PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Tri-O-Plex style bars

thajeepster
01-17-2005, 07:04 PM
If you have a food processor, which i have recently purchased, here it is, perfect :)

I solved the macro problem by making only one or two at a time heres the recipe for 2

1. Dry ingredients:
- 40 grams Fiber One Cereal
- 25 grams Total Protein Cereal (sub in 25 more fiber one, or oats here if you dont have it, but protein will change)
- 30 grams Oats
- 2 scoops ON %100 Whey chocolate flavor, 60 grams

2. Wet:
- 1tbsp + 1tsp PB
- 1tbsp water
- 2 tbsp Davinci SF Pancake syrup
- Davinci SF Banana or butterscotch, whatever flavor you like, i bet caramel would be good too, or cookie dough.

dump all the dry ingredients in first in processor, pour on the pb on top, mix in processor, it will still be too dry,
add in 1 tbsp water and some flavored davinci, mix again, getting better :)
then add in the pancake syrup, 1 tbsp at a time till it comes out like a really thick cookie batter.

Dump it out onto a plate and form two equal bars, these are great, they weigh in around 4 oz each and look just like tri-o-plex bars, taste just as good if not better.

Heres the numbers for my version, you can work out subs on your own.
cals 311 34g Carbs 35g Protein 9.4g Fat and almost 14g Fiber.

ENJOY!!!!!!

ryuage
01-18-2005, 07:39 AM
sounds interesting, i might have to try

thajeepster
01-18-2005, 08:21 AM
cant stress the processor enough, it makes a big difference, the bars come out very nice compared to regular mixing, im sure you can sub in oats for the cereals too, but youll get more carbs and less protein per bar.

thajeepster
01-18-2005, 06:34 PM
Here is the finished product:

as you can see it doesnt even sag when i hold it on one end, these are really dense bars, 115g, the photo with the dollar is so you can see how big they are.

thajeepster
01-18-2005, 11:04 PM
one more thing, maybe you guys should use vanilla or another kind of powder, so the bars dont get that color ( kinda looks like ... well you know )

ryuage
01-19-2005, 09:13 AM
haha thanks for the visuals... if it tastes good who cares what it looks like id dip it in some peanut butter yumm

lilmase1153
01-25-2005, 02:52 AM
yes those do sound good.. hey jeepster where do you get a food processot at? im really intrested in making my own bars and have been thinkin of a way of doing it for some time but havent had a clue... macros look good cant wait

fen2zla
01-25-2005, 03:31 AM
where do you get a food processot at?

At any place that sell's kitchen stuff
:D

Edit: But before you buy one, compare them on the net first. Some are ALOT better than other's.

ryuage
01-25-2005, 06:00 PM
you could probably get one at walmart

snowster900
01-25-2005, 06:52 PM
thought someone might say this.. looks like a peice of crap, literally. Any way good idea

ProfessorP
01-29-2005, 12:46 PM
Sounds tasty. I am always looking for an alternative to the crappy overprocessed protein bars that most companies sell.

galileo
01-30-2005, 12:15 PM
The recipe sounds great, but I gotta say, it looks like it will look the same coming out as it does going in. :)

italionstallion
01-31-2005, 07:36 PM
just ordered some sf davinci syrup off the internet, gonna give this a try once it gets here, would a blender be an alright substitute for a food processor. im in college and all i have is a blender

thajeepster
01-31-2005, 09:42 PM
you may have a problem mixing well with a blender, it doesnt really get the stuff off the bottom, but try it, if worse comes to worse you dump it in a bowl and get a wooden spoon, good arm workout i guess, just add the wet stuff in little by little so it doesnt get too goey, you want it to be just wet enough to stick together, not any more than that.

italionstallion
01-31-2005, 11:36 PM
i love peanut butter, but was wondering if anyone had any ideas for a pb substitute for the times i dont want it to taste like pb? any ideas are welcome and much appreciated

thajeepster
02-01-2005, 09:23 AM
skip the pb then, it just helps bind it together, replace with banana or whatever you like, go ahead and be a little creative.