PDA

View Full Version : Ground Turkey

Patz
01-17-2005, 08:32 PM
Ok, so I started a cut, and have some ground turkey. I got it out to cook up into burgers for the next couple days, and this stuff is FATTY. Why is it considered a good meat for bodybuilders? 17g of fat in 4oz is pretty hardcore fatty. It does taste pretty good, though. I'd never tried it until tonight.

Adam
01-17-2005, 08:36 PM
Chicken is a good one. Tasty and healthy.

waynis
01-17-2005, 08:39 PM
I get 99% fat free ground turkey all the time. Shop around. I go to 3 diffrent supermarkets every week to get what I need.

Jabberwocky
01-17-2005, 08:39 PM
I have never messed with ground poultry. However, you can cook the meat up and then drain and rinse to remove excess fat (there goes your patties though).

Optimum08
01-17-2005, 09:07 PM
its a good meat for bbers IF you get the right kind...like all ground meat turkey comes in a variety of fat contents...u prob chose a fattier content type....i usually go for at least the 90% Fat free if not the 99% fat free...the 99% fat free is great and can replace beef in a lot of recipes with no loss of flavor...plus its white meat and not red...

Patz
01-17-2005, 10:00 PM
yeah..i have chicken and all that..

i just grabbed the first and only ground turkey i could find at walmart, but i guess it was full of darkmeat too. i'll have to keep an eye out for the lowfat stuff. i figured they made something else, but i thought i'd ask

bigsethmeister
01-19-2005, 12:11 PM
yeah..i have chicken and all that..

i just grabbed the first and only ground turkey i could find at walmart, but i guess it was full of darkmeat too. i'll have to keep an eye out for the lowfat stuff. i figured they made something else, but i thought i'd ask

Wow, you'd think Chinese cows would be relatively slender.

:D