PDA

View Full Version : Switching to morning workouts

thajeepster
01-17-2005, 09:13 PM
Ive decided to start working out first thing in the morning. Im curious on how to eat around my workout, do you guys think that nothing prior and a good pwo shake afterwards + meal 45 min later is ok? or should I have something before as well? I was planning on just having a couple of hard boiled egg whites and a handful of cereal before i head out the door, just to have something in my stomach then workout for about an hour, have my pwo, 1 scoop whey, banana, gatorade, then have a bowl of oats about a half hour later.

Any advice would help me out alot, anyone else workout early? What do you do?

ozzyman
01-17-2005, 09:36 PM
i used to work out every morning before work..... I would suggest some type of carbs before workout.... after your night long fast you're body will need some energy.... i eventually switched to a protien shake about 1.5x bigger than i usually used and downed half of it first thing when i woke up and the rest after workout.... worked out pretty good for me except on leg days i wouldnt reccomend having too much in your stomach if it bothers you....

Adam
01-17-2005, 10:25 PM
I say have something in you. Wheter it be a shake or 6 eggs and oatmeal.

Shao-LiN
01-17-2005, 11:16 PM
No matter when you workout, I'd recommend at least having a shake prior to it, if not whole food.

thajeepster
01-17-2005, 11:23 PM
how does a bowl of cereal sound? I dont want to go overboard on the carbs because i have a lot in my pwo. I'd like to keep my whole breakfast under 500 cals.

PizDoff
01-17-2005, 11:41 PM
Moving to a morning workout is an excellent idea in this season.
I may attempt to emulate this choice.

thajeepster
01-18-2005, 01:22 AM
how does this sound: before work out - bowl of fiber one and skim milk, then workout about 1 hr or more then my pwo (scoop whey, banana, oats) then a meal an hr and a half to two hrs later.???

getfit
01-18-2005, 02:13 AM
No matter when you workout, I'd recommend at least having a shake prior to it, if not whole food.
:withstupi

AdmiralDan
01-18-2005, 03:11 AM
all of the ideas you have said sound okay. try one of them and see how you feel. i personally eat a bowl of oatmeal with a scoop of oatmeal mixed in it, then hit the gym

ryuage
01-18-2005, 05:57 AM
if its right upon wakening id recommend some fast digesting carbs... personally I take in 1/3 cup malto, 1/2 scoop protein anywhere from 5-30 minutes prio if I workout first thing.

FREAKZILLA
01-18-2005, 09:26 AM
I work out first thing in the morning, 1 hour prior ro my workout I have a small bowl of oats 1 slice Whole Grain Bread and half a cup of O.J.

It gives me good energy to get through the workout.

thajeepster
01-18-2005, 10:26 AM
I had a shake and a bowl of oats today about 30 min before my workout, and i thought that i was going to puke the entire time, tomorrow I am skipping the oats for sure. Maybe Ill throw some in my shake.