PDA

View Full Version : When cutting are you always hungry?

twm
01-19-2005, 12:13 PM
I'm trying to cut from 195 to 180ish. I've been eating less in general while maintaining a pretty respectable diet and routine. I suppose it isn't so much a problem as much as a question: are you always hungry when you're cutting? I feel like I could eat a full meal and I just ate like 2 hours ago.

Any comments appriciated.

Relentless
01-19-2005, 12:45 PM
try including more EFAs in your meals (FOCs, flaxseed oil, olive oil, etc.)

the fat will help trigger a satiation reflex

AdmiralDan
01-19-2005, 04:18 PM
i agree with callahan. also, eat lots of vegatables like broccli and califlower. they are relatively low in calories and have fiber which will keep you fuller longer

ryuage
01-19-2005, 04:22 PM
I feel like that when im bulking

thajeepster
01-19-2005, 04:54 PM
lots of salads helped me when i was cutting, they are really low in cals, and they fill you up, I use mustard and vinegar as a dressing, so your getting minimal cals from the veggies and thats it, try to have a big one with every meal

smalls
01-20-2005, 01:21 AM
When dieting I feel hungry 20 minutes after most meals. These guys have given good advice, but once you get real low in cals there's not much you can do except embrace the hunger.

Adam
01-20-2005, 01:39 AM
Or if you feel you can no longer drop some food off your menu, up your cardio a bit.
And I'm the same as smalls, im hugriest ~20mins after i eat.(unless its oatmeal)

getfit
01-20-2005, 02:09 AM
I feel like that when im bulking
yup! but i've been bad with calorie intake lately not eating enough=stress,work need time off so i can get back on track :)

Vido
01-20-2005, 02:18 AM
Or if you feel you can no longer drop some food off your menu, up your cardio a bit.

I would do that BEFORE dropping cals, but that's just me. This is especially true in the case of those who don't do cardio during bulks. Throwing that cardio in there and keeping everything else constant should be good enough for a while.

smalls
01-20-2005, 11:13 AM
And I'm the same as smalls, im hugriest ~20mins after i eat.(unless its oatmeal)

True, oatmeal is a killer for me on a bulk (too much bloat), but helps alot while dieting. I'm going to have to keep that in mind.

ryuage
01-20-2005, 11:17 AM
I would do that BEFORE dropping cals, but that's just me. This is especially true in the case of those who don't do cardio during bulks. Throwing that cardio in there and keeping everything else constant should be good enough for a while.

:withstupi

before dropping cals, try adding in a session of cardio

waynis
01-20-2005, 11:56 AM
EFA's and Fiber= no appetite.

no regrets
01-20-2005, 02:39 PM
try drinking more water in between meals, that helps to keep me full...or try having a piece of fruit.

EdgarMex
01-20-2005, 03:35 PM
The only times I was not hungry was on the carb load days when doing UD2. Like other people have said, include plenty of green vegetables (lots of fiber, low calories) and some fats on you diets. I also eat sugar free jell-o when I get hungry. Taking ephedrine and caffeine also help blunt the hunger.

abwowang
01-21-2005, 01:30 AM
eat slower.. drink more water..
if u try CHUGGING the water.. u will be so full.. u cant even stand up straight!.. and u wont be hungry anymore

Big Daddy Cruel
01-21-2005, 07:46 AM
Yeah, I was starving on ~2000 cals without any of the good fats, but I've really found that the occasional tablespoon of peanut butter, fish oil caps, and slightly higher fiber goes a long way in curbing appetite, plus I bumped my calories up to ~2400.

Also, if I'm feeling real hungry, I'll cut myself out room for 200 calories and eat a cookie and a scoop of PB. Totally satisfying.