PDA

View Full Version : Any carbs on a bulk??

JesseM
01-19-2005, 02:27 PM
I'm tryin to bulk and I consume plenty of protein and calories, but mostly through foods that dont contain a lot of carbs. I'm wondering which would be better; consuming low but healthy carbs or getting plenty of carbs, but from things like cereal, white bread, bagels, and white potatoes. Would simple carbs be better than not getting many carbs at all? Thanks for any replies

RBC13
01-19-2005, 03:01 PM
your saying they're not healthy becuause they don't have a fiber. I take it you don't do over 50g of fiber much.

Tholly
01-19-2005, 03:23 PM
You really should eat about 40% of your diet as carbs for bulking. I personally try to get mostly whole wheat carbs if possible, but somtimes I need some kind of high carb pasta or somthing to get there.

ryuage
01-19-2005, 04:39 PM
you looking for an excuse to eat junk food....?

JesseM
01-20-2005, 03:47 AM
you looking for an excuse to eat junk food....?

No not really, merely asking a question. So eating things like bagels, baked potatoes, and cereal are junk food and not worth consuming??? I'm not sure if you answered my question or not :scratch:
Thanks

JesseM
01-20-2005, 04:02 AM
your saying they're not healthy becuause they don't have a fiber. I take it you don't do over 50g of fiber much.

To be honest with you I'm not exactly sure why theyre not considered to be healthy. I hear high glycemic index levels and such, but not exactly sure what that all means. My fiber intake I'm not sure of either as I am gradually starting my first bulk ever. I usually have a couple of banannas, a bagel, cereals, and the occasional oatmeal through out the day (just thinking of possible fiber sources). I guess I havent given much thought to my fiber intake. Are you saying that with a high fiber diet, "simple" carbs would have less of a negative impact on your gains?
Thanks for any insight

The_Brick
01-20-2005, 05:57 AM
Low but healthy.

ReelBigFish
01-20-2005, 07:24 AM
No not really, merely asking a question. So eating things like bagels, baked potatoes, and cereal are junk food and not worth consuming??? I'm not sure if you answered my question or not :scratch:
Thanks
There is nothing wrong with baked potato's, there is a huge difference between them and cereal and bagels.

RBC13
01-20-2005, 02:49 PM
Simple carbs are what give you energy, and are especially good pre and post workout. I was saying that with all the other food you eat(oats, nuts, seeds, some fruits, vegetables, etc) you eat that on a bulk you get a ton of fiber. And unless you like the bathroom a lot and a strange feeling in your stomach alll the time the only carbs left are simple. Also according to many sources, it says that >50g of fiber leads to some minerals non being absorbed as well, so the only thing left are simple carbs, oils, and protein.