PDA

View Full Version : while bulking

Cubby
01-20-2005, 08:50 PM
well I am bulking and was wondering if bad calories (ex mcdonalds/fastfood) was better to eat then skipping a meal, will I still get good results in LBM if I eat alot of bad calories, or will I just get really fat and gain no LBM?

waynis
01-20-2005, 09:07 PM
Pack a lunch. Over all fast food will never get you where you wanna be. They are called bad calories for a reason.

Adam
01-20-2005, 10:12 PM
well I am bulking and was wondering if bad calories (ex mcdonalds/fastfood) was better to eat then skipping a meal?YES will I still get good results in LBM if I eat alot of bad calories, or will I just get really fat and gain no LBM?probly some lbm gain, some fat. Don't be lazy, pack a lunch

Cubby
01-21-2005, 12:24 PM
it's not that I am lazy, I can't pack a luch with enough calories, I am only allowed to take a small-medium lunch, the most I could get in it would be like 400 cals

Manveet
01-21-2005, 12:27 PM
I say go for it.

Overall calories and activity levels are going to be far more important when it comes to gaining fat on bulk as opposed to how "clean" the food is.

trfe
01-21-2005, 12:51 PM
Why can't you pack a bigger lunch? Do they have weigh-ins of your lunch box when you go into work? What about snacks you could toss in your pocket or even tape to your stomach or your thighs if you have to sneak them in. Where the hell do you work? Nazi Germany?

it's not that I am lazy, I can't pack a luch with enough calories, I am only allowed to take a small-medium lunch, the most I could get in it would be like 400 cals

waynis
01-21-2005, 01:35 PM

Pack a bigger lunch. If your eating less but clean it's better then eating fast food. Fast food will help you gain muscle mass but your insides will look like that hamburger thrown up.

Cubby
01-21-2005, 01:58 PM
Why can't you pack a bigger lunch? Do they have weigh-ins of your lunch box when you go into work? What about snacks you could toss in your pocket or even tape to your stomach or your thighs if you have to sneak them in. Where the hell do you work? Nazi Germany?
im 16 and go to school, there are 5 kids in my family not to mention my mom and dad, I am ot allowed to just take all the food for myself

Adam
01-21-2005, 02:46 PM
Just take all you can take, then buy the extra yourself.

ryuage
01-21-2005, 03:36 PM
if you cant take more then 400 calories worth of food to school you have more things to worry about.

Mr. ?
01-21-2005, 04:25 PM
Ryuage, why are all your replys less than beneficial? Your comment doesn't do anything to help the guy out. Lighten up a bit.

Cubby, If you have any source of income yourself from a job and you are really serious about gaining weight you can try to supplement your meals with food that you can buy. There are plenty of simple low cost/high calorie foods you can buy. For example, buy a loaf of wheat bread and a jar of peanut butter. Can't cost more than $4 and will last you at least a week, the peanut butter even longer. Add a sandwich to your lunch and there is another 300+ calories. If you like muffins you can buy a bag of muffin mix (Plain, blueberry...). Cost about $1 for the mix. Makes 6 muffins at 180 calories each, easy to add to a lunch. Like I said if you are willing to spend a little out of your own pocket you will be suprised with how easy it would be to get more calories in. Hope this helps.

Adam
01-21-2005, 04:31 PM
Ryu just meant that 400cals is almost nothing food wise.
To us it looks like a big underestimate of cals(considering as you said 1 PB sandwhich is like 300 cals)

waynis
01-21-2005, 04:39 PM
packing over 400 calories is very easy. I agree he might not be counting calories well.

Cubby
01-21-2005, 05:15 PM
I usualy take like 1 ham sandwich and an apple, anything more my mom gets mad
and thanks mr.? for the good ideas
off topic: I looked at your progress pics mr. ?, I can see a huge diffrence, nice work