PDA

View Full Version : carbs driving me crazy

matrix5089
01-20-2005, 09:43 PM
Ive been doing some research on carbs, and it seems the more i read the more confused i get i know that i want low GI count carbs during the day until i work out and imidiatly after i work out to have high GI count carbs to be digested quickly to spike insulin levels. As i read about GI counts i was suprised to find how high some GI counts were and how low others are for example in the book i got it has GI values for alot of carbs and i thought that brown rice would be really low but pasta is actually lower. would pasta be a better carb to do then brown rice everthing ive read on this website suggests brown rice and oats. Also how about fruits like apples? they have a very low GI rating but I havent read much about using fruits. Right now ive been doing 200g of brown rice and 200g of oats plus a 100g carb drink post workout from Ultra Fuel a day for my bulk.

Adam
01-20-2005, 10:02 PM
Assuming i read that right, you are correct.
For most of the day it is generally better to have low GI carbs but when PWO comes around, dump the low GI and go for the high GI.