PDA

View Full Version : Calories and Protein...

sheparay
01-21-2005, 02:19 PM
Ok I have been looking under the search but cant find a straight forward answer to my question.. Maybe someone can help.... I gained a lot of weight....I was 200 (fairly solid) now 250 :(. Anyway I have been on a pretty strict weight training schedule and now I am trying to really get my diet together... I am trying to obviously gain muscle/strength, but I need to lose weight as well... I have been taking whey (1 or two shakes a day...20-30g each) and now I am adding creatine 5-10g to my diet.... My problem is that I have no idea how many calories I should be getting in my diet... Any thoughts??? Also on the protein...should I be taking more? Less? Thanks for any and all suggestions!!!!

AdmiralDan
01-21-2005, 02:59 PM
get 1g protein for each pound of bodyweight. use one of the million calculations to find your maintainence calories and start with 500 less than that. try it for a week and see how your progress goes. adjust that number as time goes on to keep losing weight. aim for 1-1.5 lbs a week loss

dissipate
01-21-2005, 08:51 PM
i use the katch-mcardle formula
http://c.1asphost.com/health/

btw supplements aren't mandatory in losing fat/weight. nutrition-wise, what's more important is that you're adhering to your daily caloric intake limit (including the deficit) and that your diet of real food is clean.