PDA

View Full Version : Commitment

REFLUX
01-22-2005, 04:17 AM
Hello to All! :)
I guess I'll start off with a quick intro & then get into the details of my goals & such.

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 120lb

All my life I've been a pretty small guy; underweight, skinny, pencil-like, however you want to slice it :D I'm a naturally skinny person, my BF was measured to be at 7% a few years ago & my weight hasn't changed much since then.
I never put much effort into keeping a weight gain routine since it has always been extremely difficult to put on/keep on weight.
But this time, Iim going to try my best! The article about making resolutions and sticking with them is going to be the starting guideline along with WBB 1, wish me luck!

Goals:
-A final weight of 160-170lbs
-To reach this weight in 2 years or earlier (is this a feasible time frame?)
-To do so without needing to severely restrict my diet (hey, I like to enjoy a burger or two once in a while :D)

In general, I'd like an overall fitness while being able to live a relatively normal lifestyle. I have no desire to be MASSIVE, to lift/squat X number of pounds, nor do I always want to have to carry around protein bars because I can't allow myself to enjoy a few beers with the boys.

Cardio is something I really enjoy (esp. long distance running) so it would be nice to include a portion of it in the WBB 1 routine.

Today is the first day of this new routine. It's been over a year since I last lifted, so it was decided to start in moderation.

WBB 1, Day 5: Shoulders, Tri's & Bi's
-Began at 7:30PM
-Military Press = 2 sets of 8; 1 set @ 35lb, 2nd @ 40lb
-Seated Dumbbell Press = 2 sets of 8; 10lb per arm
-Standing Lateral Raise = 2 sets of 10; 10lb per arm
-Narrow Grip Bench Press = 2 sets of 8; only used the bar, no add'l weights
-French Press = 2 sets of 9; 25lb
-Barbell Curls = 2 sets of 8; 15lb per arm
-Hammer Curls = 1 set of 8; 15lb per arm
-Finished at 8:05PM
Total of 35 minutes not including 10 minutes of light cardio at the beginning

Food:
-Late Lunch = Rice noodle soup with beef & bean sprouts (Vietnamese Pho)
-After workout dinner = 10oz steak, ~1cup of mash potatos, bit of brocoli (2-3 stalks)

Questions/Concerns:
-Shoulder blades started to hurt with seated dumbbell press, am I bringing my shoulders too far back (over corrected posture)?
-French press felt wobbly when the bar was behind my head, will the distance between my grip affect that? Anything I can do to help stabilize the bar?
-Recommendations for improving my diet please

AdmiralDan
01-22-2005, 06:30 AM
welcome to wbb.

to start answering your questions about your goals, that is a reasonable weight to aim for. you should be able to put on at least 20-25 pounds a year, especially as a newbie. you may get there even faster, depending on your diet. as far as not eating super strict, since you want to get bigger and bulk, you don't have to be super strict. you should find sort of calorie calculator and find your maintainence calorie number, and add 500 to that. start with eating that number of calories. if you are gaining too fast, eat fewer and vice versa. just make sure to eat at least 1 gram of protein per pound you weight. read the sticky in diet and nutrition about what a bodybuilder eats and try to eat mainly that type of stuff. but since you are bulking, if you want to eat a burger, go ahead and eat a burger

as for the questoins on the exercises, go to http://www.exrx.net . they have videos of almost every exercise. look and see if you are doing things properly

Good Luck!

REFLUX
01-23-2005, 02:24 AM
Thanks AdmiralDan :)
I've started an account with Fitday.com & it is a GREAT program/website!

Today was my day off and tomorrow (Sunday) I think I'll do some cardio.

Diet today was a bit lacking but I guess it's not bad since I only got around to eating 3 meals.
Consisted of:
-chicken breast
-white rice
-protein shake (Myoplex)
-eggs
-lots of Soy milk (damn lactose intolerance)
-a variety of veggies

total calories barely crossed 2000 but I got 118g of protein.
Got to find ways to have readily edible snacks....

AdmiralDan
01-23-2005, 07:08 AM
you diet looks decent, but how many meals do you eat a day? you should aim for 5-6, which should help with getting more calories and protein. also as far as snacks, try peanuts or a peanut butter(natural peanut butter) sandwich(whole wheat bread). both peanuts and peanut butter have fats, but they are the good kind and they are quick calories. I even eat peanut butter out of the jar

REFLUX
01-23-2005, 11:18 AM
Alright I'll look into the PB sandwiches.
I just read a thread on snacks & few other items look tasty/readily edible:
-Tuna & crackers
-Yogurt

And are there any protein/health bars that don't taste like absolute CRAP out there???

I usually eat 3-4 meals a day (even when I don't work out), yesterday was a full day of studying (sitting) so I didn't burn off much of what I ate...so I wasn't hungry & couldn't eat anymore. hehe :D

oh I forgot, I actually had 3 meals yesterday but the 3rd was just leftovers from lunch (made extra). I'll edit my post.

PizDoff
01-23-2005, 05:22 PM
Aren't you a little young for commitment?

REFLUX
01-23-2005, 11:39 PM
^^^
hahaha commitment to the routine, since I've never stuck with a workout on a long term basis before :)

REFLUX
01-24-2005, 01:36 AM
Today's schedule got kind of wacky on me...didn't do my cardio :(
I'll pick it up on another off day this coming week.

I figure 1 day of hard cardio/week should keep me happy :D

oh & today's diet:
-Again, not close to the 2600cal/day goal, but closer than yesterday. 2150cal from 2 big meals.
-I took in a lot of protein though, 175g.

The crappy eating pattern should change once I get this routine & new eating habit worked into my schedule. The events from this weekend have been out of the ordinary as well, so that has affected my sleeping pattern & in turn affected the time frames of when I eat.

TTT
01-24-2005, 01:53 AM
Welcome to the forums, and good luck with your goals!
Try to eat a bit more each day, it's hard at first but eventually you'll be able to stuff yourself without thinking about it :)
WBB1 should work well, I'm doing it right now and it seems to be working for me, anyway.

REFLUX
01-24-2005, 02:46 AM
Thanks TTT :)

I had someone mention to me that WBB1 seems to work too many muscle groups per day and that for someone like me, I don't want to tire out those muscles thus not being able to hit them with as much intensity.
I.E. Doing Overhead Dumbbell Presses will drain my triceps of some energy and then when I go for some French Presses I won't be able to lift as much weight since my tri's are a little more tired.
And instead of doing Shoulders, Tri's & Bi's one day, I should mix Lower body & Upper body exercises together, instead of focusing Upper in 1 day.
Any truth to that?

Also, here are some pictures I took tonight.
They're my "baseline" pics :D
http://homepage.mac.com/terrylui/WBB_01_23_05/PhotoAlbum25.html

snowster900
01-24-2005, 06:47 PM
Looks like u got a good base to start from just eat eat eat and youlll see good gains. I think that WBB1 is a good starting point im using it right now and it really doesn't seem to wear me out to much try it for a while and see how it goes, good luck with everything

AdmiralDan
01-24-2005, 06:56 PM
yeah, i agree with the snowman, you have a nice base, and you need to eat. wbb should be fine. it is a good program especially for beginners

REFLUX
01-24-2005, 10:21 PM
snowster900 & AdmiralDan:
Thanks! :)

I'm trying my best to stuff down the calories & I'm keeping a more watchful eye on what I eat. Not to the point of being anal but I'm paying more attention :D

I did Day 1 of WBB1 today, Chest & Back, and let me say...
Holy CHIT!
It has been a LONG time since I was this sore.

Here's how my routine broke down:

Chest

Flat Barbell Bench Press :
2 x 8 reps; Set 1 = 30lbs; Set 2 = 30lbs
but it was difficult to finish the set

Low Incline Dumbbell Press :
3 x 8 reps; 17.5lbs/arm; 20lbs/arm; 25lb/arm
I didn't have much trouble finishing the 3rd set

Dips :
2 x 8 reps; Set 1 = moderate effort; Set 2 = I JUST finished, slight struggle

Back

Chin ups :
2 sets; Set 1 = 6 difficult reps; Set 2 = 3 reps
I was too exhausted to finish the last set (Chin ups was one of my last exercises)

Deadlifts :
2 x 8 reps; both sets @ 70lbs
it was awkward at first but the 2nd set was easier as I figured out how to do it correctly, grip began getting tired

Barbell Rows :
2 x 8 reps; Set 1 = bar only; Set 2 = 20lb, I struggled to finish the last set and I think I lost some form

Shrugs :
2 x 8 reps; both sets @ 40lbs, grip was getting tired

When I look over the list, it really isn't apparent to me when/why my grip became exhausted so quickly. The chest exercises were done first and being that they're all "pushing" motions, I wouldn't think that my grip would be affected so much.
I know for sure that the Deadlifts did a number on my forearms. It was such a strange exercise at first, maybe it took a lot out of me since it uses so many muscle groups. That in turn possibly affected how I performed on all subsequent exercises (chin up, barbell row, shrugs).

I'm thinking of mixing up this routine next week so that there will be fewer exercises focusing on the same/similar muscle groups.
Same exercises but instead of Chest & Back one day, maybe I'll do Chest & Leg.

What do you guys think?

Oh & it also took me exactly 1 hour to do today's routine. Lots of breaks.

AdmiralDan
01-25-2005, 05:41 AM
nice session. keep working hard. you should barely be able to finish your last set for each exercise all the time. i would keep it the same, it is a pretty good program, but it is up to you what you want to do

REFLUX
01-25-2005, 05:40 PM
thanks AdmiralDan!
Only reason why I want to switch up the exercises is because I think the exercise combination doesn't allow me to maximize my lifts since it makes me so tired.

I'm not 100% on my decision since I havent heard any other sides, any reason for me to keep the workout as is?

So today's Day 2 & my day off. I am still damn sore.

Any shoulder movement causes some kind of pain/soreness.
Lifting anything of moderate weight with my biceps makes them a little sore.
My lower back....ugh, unless I keep a straight back from the get go, sitting straight up from a slouch makes it sore.

Also, I feel the burn in chest compressing movements.

I'll post up the day's food intake later tonight.

AdmiralDan
01-25-2005, 07:00 PM
for an arugment as keeping it the same: if it ain't broke don't fix it. keep with wbb1 until you hit a plateau. then adjust the routine and your diet a little. until then keep it the same. also, keep reading as much as you can. then you can design your own routine and test it out

that burn will go away after a couple days but more will come. as with any new routine, expect to get sore again after each workout for a couple weeks

REFLUX
01-25-2005, 11:58 PM
Yeah true enough.
The original plan is to stick with WBB1 for the rest of this week. I'll see how it feels as I progress though :)

As for the burn, I look forward to it :D

Ok, today's diet:
I finally broke 2600cal/day!!!
I am really happy about that :D :D :D
The grand total is: 2750!!!

Here's the breakdown:
-3 eggs
-1 medium donair
-A huge bowl of Chinese noodles with a large variety of meats (pork, chicken, shrimp, squid, etc)
-1 Japanese Pear
-Pork soup
-A large bowl of rice
-4 thick slices of chicken breast
-2 cups of spinach (after being boiled)
-2 large slices of cooked onions

Took in 195g of protein too!!!

Picked up some canned tuna to take as snacks tomorrow, hopefully I'll be able to get close to today's dietary intake tomorrow :) (busy day)

REFLUX
01-26-2005, 10:53 PM
Today's workout:

WBB1, Day 3: Legs

Started @ 8:15PM
-Standing Calve Raises, 4x10:
Set 1: 80lb; Set 2: 100lb; Set 3: 120lb; Set 4: 140lb

-Straight Legged Deadlifts, 2x8
Set 1: 20lb; Set 2: 40lb
I could've done more but wanted to start slow & light (as mentioned in Exrx.com)

-Leg Curls, 3x8
Set 1: 75lb; Set 2: 100lb; Set 3: 120lb

-Hack Squats, 2x8
Set 1 & 2: 50lb
The second set was easier once I figured out proper form.

Squats, 3x8
Set 1: 50lb; Set 2: 70lb; Set 3: 80lb
Knees got kind of wobbly, possibly because my legs were getting tired.
I can leg press much more weight (over 250lbs) but it's so different doing squats.
Finished @ 9:05PM
Total time of 50 minutes.

Today's Diet:
Broke 2600cal again!!!
Grand total is 3000!!! :thumbup::thumbup:
I am actually really surprised that I broke 3000, it didn't seem like I ate that much :D

Breakfast:
-1 Egg
-1 cup of cooked raw oats
-1 cup of Soy milk

Snack:
-Tuna snack pack

Lunch:
-Curry beef briskets w/ rice
-Noodle soup with pork dumplings
-Pork soup

Dinner:
-Chicken breast w/ rice & onions (same as yesterday)
-15 flowerets of broccoli
-1 "Make A Shake" from the gym (1 full peach, 1 full banana, mango juice & whey powder)

REFLUX
01-26-2005, 10:55 PM
1 question about doing squats:

The bar hurts my neck/shoulders, it rubs up against my vertebrae and isn't terribly comfortable. I'm using the foam pad with it too.

Any suggestions?

AdmiralDan
01-27-2005, 05:51 AM
nice leg session. did you do your leg workout in the order listed? if so, you may want to change it around a bit so you do the most compound move first(squat) and save the isolation movement for last. i would suggest this order: squat, sldl, hack squat, leg curl, calf raises. this way you have the most energy and freshest muscles for the bigger moves

as for your question, the only suggestion i have is letting it ride alittle lower on your traps. that is what i do and i don't feel any pain

REFLUX
01-27-2005, 04:10 PM
nice leg session. did you do your leg workout in the order listed? .....
this way you have the most energy and freshest muscles for the bigger moves

as for your question, the only suggestion i have is letting it ride alittle lower on your traps. that is what i do and i don't feel any pain

Yeah I did them in the order listed, my reasoning was because I thought it would tire me out & drain me for the rest of the workout.
But your rational makes sense too, I'll try it next week :)

Put the bar lower on the traps...what if it rolls off my back!?
hahaha
But I'm working out with someone next week, maybe they can help in keeping the bar steady

Focused70
01-27-2005, 04:30 PM
The soreness will go away or become less severe the more you lift. I find that upping your water intake to the tune of a gallon to two gallons a day helps alleviate it somewhat. That and lots o' sleep.

Oh, and take a look at Lactaid. It costs a bit more than milk but ever since I started on Lactaid, I dropped the soy milk.

Good luck, and :spam:

Stash

REFLUX
01-27-2005, 10:39 PM
Stash:
thank you, water is my drink of choice normally so I only consume more now that I'm lifting :)

Right so, Day 4: Rest
Today's diet was very lacking, I guess I was eating at different times in the day so my body wasn't used to it/wasn't hungry

barely topped 2000cal today but I can't put any more into my stomach :( :( :(

but I'll be downing the calories tomorrow :)

REFLUX
01-28-2005, 11:27 PM
Today's workout:
WBB1, Day 5: Shoulders, Bi's, Tri's

-Military Press: 2x8
Set 1: 8 @ 45lb; Set 2: 8 @ 50lb

-Seated Dumbbell Press: 2x8
Set 1 & 2: 8 @ 15lb

-Standing Lateral Raise: 2x10
Set 1 & 2: 10 @ 15lb

-Narrow Grip Bench Press: 2x8
-Set 1 & 2: 5lb

-French Press: 2x8
Set 1: 8 @ 30lb; Set 2: 10 @ 30lb

-Barbell Curls: 2x8
Set 1 & 2: 8 @ 40lb (preacher bar)

-Hammer Curls: 3 x 8
Set 1: 6 @ 20lb/arm; Set 2: 4 @ 20lb/arm; Set 3: 4 @ 20lb/arm

Today's Diet:
Again...lacking, I got to be more diligent on taking in the calories.
I'll try to hit up the grocery store this weekend to get more appropriate foods :)

I'm at 128lbs now :D

REFLUX
01-29-2005, 08:24 PM
Today & tomorrow are both my rest days, trying to eat as much as possible while doing nothing
I'm sitting @ 2400cal right now & I still got a few hours till bed time, I think I can top 2600cal today :)
*sigh* missed cardio last week...try not to this week

I ordered a bucket of Opticen from AtLargeNutrition :)

NormanNormal
01-31-2005, 08:58 PM
wow 8lbs gain already? nice

REFLUX
01-31-2005, 10:46 PM
O...k...looks like FitDay.com is down or it's just not working for me.
Can't add up my calories but I figure I got close to 2600cal today. A peanut butter sandwich or two before bed should put me over :)

Anyways, today's workout:
WBB 1, Day 1: Chest & Back (exercises done in the following order)
-Flat Bar Bench Press:
Set 1: 8 @ 40lb; Set 2: 7 @ 40lb

-Low Incline Dumbbell Press:
Set 1: 6 @ 30lb; Set 2: 4 @ 30lb
Had trouble finishing these sets & my arms were all wobbly, I think I'll go back down to 25lbs/arm.

-Deadlifts:
Set 1: 8 @ 70lbs; Set 2: 8 @ 75lbs

-Dips:
Set 1 & 2: 8 reps

-Barbell Rows:
Set 1: 10 @ 20lbs; Set 2: 8 @ 30lbs

-Shrugs:
Set 1: 9 @ 40lbs; Set 2 & 3: 8 @ 50lbs

-Chin Ups:
Set 1: 3 reps; Set 2: 2 reps
I couldn't even get myself up using a wide grip so I did what I could with a narrow grip. Was just exhausted, grip felt fine this time, just my muscles couldn't pull.

REFLUX
01-31-2005, 10:48 PM
NormanNormal:
I believe it's normal for your weight to flucuate a bit and it looks like that's what happened last time I weighed myself.
With food & water consumption it should easily add 1-2lbs.

Today I weighed in @ 126lbs.
Not as encouraging as when the scale read 128lbs but I'm still happy that the weight is coming :D

REFLUX
02-01-2005, 07:00 PM
Well today's my day off & not every muscle I worked yesterday is sore.

I'm taking that this means I can be working harder by lifting more weights & doing more sets/reps?

briancurran01
02-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Well today's my day off & not every muscle I worked yesterday is sore.

I'm taking that this means I can be working harder by lifting more weights & doing more sets/reps?

soreness is not an indicator of working hard...some times i dont get sore at all just go as hard as you can...as intense as you can if you dont get sore...cool..some times doms or soreness doesnt show for me for 2 days after lifting so it does not necessarily mean anything

REFLUX
02-02-2005, 06:21 PM
briancurran01:
you are very correct, cuz I am very sore today (2 days after lifting) :D
hahaha

doing legs & abs tonight, will post later.

REFLUX
02-02-2005, 11:33 PM
Today's workout:
WBB 1, Day 3: Legs
-Squats
Set 1: 8 @ 80lbs; Set 2: 8 @ 100lbs; Set 3: 10 @ 110lbs

-Hack Squats:
Set 1: 8 @ 50lbs; Set 2: 8 @ 50lbs; Set 3: 4 @ 55lbs

-Leg Curls
Set 1: 5 @ 90lbs; Set 2: 6 @ 105lbs; Set 3 & 4: 8 @ 120lbs

-Straight Leg Deadlifts
set 1: 8 @ 40lbs; Set 2 & 3: 8 @ 50lbs

-Standing Calve Raises
Set 1: 10 @ 135lbs; Set 2: 10 @ 155lbs; Set 3 & 4: 10 @ 175lbs

-Crunches
Set 1: 6 @ 95lbs; Set 2: 6 @ 105lbs; Set 3, 4 & 5: 10 @ 120lbs

Questions & concerns:
-I'm arching my back slightly when I do the leg curls @ 120lbs, should I work at this weight until I can do them without arching? Add weight slowly?
-For the staright leg deadlifts, I feel it all in my lower back, none in my hamstrings. Am I doing something wrong?

Today's calories were close to my daily goal of 2600cal, 2500cal.

REFLUX
02-03-2005, 11:39 PM
Today's my rest day, diet's at 2400cal.
I hope meeting/exceeding my daily calories will be easier once I get my Opticen...

AdmiralDan
02-04-2005, 06:23 AM
nice work progressing on your workouts. keep it up

REFLUX
02-04-2005, 10:09 PM

Alright well I didn't have time today to work my arms & shoulders so I'll be doing that tomorrow.

Haven't counted my calories but I think I'm a bit on the low side (2200cal?)

REFLUX
02-05-2005, 09:30 PM
Ugh I didn't have ANY time to work my arms today nor get a good amount of calories. :(

just one of those weekends

REFLUX
02-06-2005, 11:13 PM
A day of vegging & studying.
Extremely low calorie consumption, under 2000cal!
Kind of mad at myself but I'm gonna keep at it!!

REFLUX
02-08-2005, 12:06 AM
Ok today's workout:

WBB 1, Day 1: Chest & Back
-Chin ups
Set 1: 6 reps; Set 2: 6 reps; Set 3: 3 reps

-Flat Bar Bench Press (wider grip this week)
Set 1: 9 @ 40lbs; Set 2: 8 @ 45lbs; Set 3: 5 @ 50lbs

-Deadlifts
Set 1: 8 @ 70lbs; Set 2: 8 @ 90lbs; Set 3: 8 @ 90lbs
Lost a bit of form near the end of Set 3 because I wasn't concentrating as hard, DLs became a mix of SLDLs + DLs

-Low Incline Dumbbell Press
Set 1: 8 @ 30lbs; Set 2: 6 @ 35lbs; Set 3: 3 @ 40lbs

-Barbell Row
Set 1: 10 @ 30lbs; Set 2: 8 @ 40lbs; Set 3: 6 @ 50lbs

-Dips
Set 1: 8 reps; Set 2: 6 reps; Set 3: 3 reps

-Shrugs
Set 1: 10 @ 50lbs; Set 2: 6 @ 70lbs; Set 3: 8 @ 80lbs
I used a mixed grip on Set 3, that's why I was able to do more reps with more weights.
At the end of Set 2, my overhand grip on my left hand literally failed, if my spotter wasn't there I would have dropped it on the ground.

All in all I'm pretty happy about the progression I make every week. Especially today, I added some 20lbs in certain exercises and was able to do them with good form :)

Still weigh 128lbs since weighing in last week (Wednesday), I expect myself to break 130lbs by the end of this week.

Diet:
Reached my daily goal of 2600cal/day!!! :D

AdmiralDan
02-08-2005, 05:13 AM
another nice session. keep up the eating and lifting and soon you'll be huge

REFLUX
02-09-2005, 12:05 AM
Thanks again AdmiralDan!

Today's my rest day & I hit 2800cal!!!
yea!!

REFLUX
02-09-2005, 09:39 PM
Not feeling so good today, think I came down with a head cold.
Missed Legs :( :(

not sure how many calories I took in, should be a decent amount (mid 2k?)

REFLUX
02-10-2005, 11:55 PM
3000cal!!!!:D :D :D

NormanNormal
02-11-2005, 12:48 AM
hows the weight doing? I'm very interested in your progress you seem very dedicated keep up the good work!

Rex
02-11-2005, 07:53 AM
What's up man. When I started lifting I was the same height and weight as you. Now I'm a very lean 160. I'm still a skinny guy, but relative to what I used to look like and weigh... It's a big difference. Good luck bro, I'll be checking up on you. For skinny guys like us diet is key. I've found it to be even more important than workout routine.

The key to success will be consistency, patience and determination. Don't get discouraged by weekly fluctuations, you're in it for the long haul. And don't ever miss legs. If you're doing legs right you'll have a thousand excuses why you shouldn't squat today.... Don't listen to them. Those excuses are all lies. Man up and do it. It'll make you strong.

REFLUX
02-12-2005, 12:08 AM
Norman:
Kind of pissed, the scale read 129.9lbs!!
0.1lbs away from this week's goal of 130lb!!! hahaha

Rex:
thanks for the encouragement :)
my diet has been fluctuating recently and the fridge is running out of food so that doesn't help either
And I agree about not missing legs, bugged me that I was sick on my legs day this week.
Need to print out the "What a Body Builder Eats" list again :)

REFLUX
02-12-2005, 12:09 AM
Today's workout:

WBB 1, Day 5: Shoulder's, Bi's, Tri's

-Military Press
Set 1: 8 @ 50lbs; Set 2: 4 @ 55lbs; Set 3: 3 @ 55lbs

-Seated Dumbbell Press
Set 1: 8 @ 15; Set 2: 8 @ 20lb; Set 3: 7 @ 20lb

-Narrow Grip Bench Press
Set 1: 8 @ 15lb; Set 2: 8 @ 25lb; Set 3: 8 @ 30lb; Set 4: 7 @ 30lb

-French Press
Set 1: 8 @ 20lb; Set 2: 6 @ 35lb; Set 3: 5 @ 35lb

-Barbell Curls
Set 1: 8 @ 40lb; Set 2: 6 @ 45lb; Set 3: 6 @ 45lb

-Hammer Curls
Set 1: 8 @ 20lb; Set 2: 4 @ 25lb; Set 3: 4 @ 25lb

*Note:
-I'm a bit disappointed with the little progress I made in certain exercises but I missed Day 5 last week. Could have contributed to that.
-Calories are low again but I feel full. Eating lots tomorrow!

AdmiralDan
02-12-2005, 06:36 AM
nice workout. we all have our good days and our bad. as long as you push through it and keep with it, the strength and mass will come.

REFLUX
02-12-2005, 10:38 PM
Thanks AdmiralDan!

Today was a good day, 3000cal!!!
YEAH! :D

You know, not sure if it's just in my head but the days I didn't go to the gym, I felt really crappy.
It was strange, like I had no motivation during the day, restless, bored & mentally fatigued. I'm beginning to really look forward to each workout, increasing the weight I lift, see the progress made, weight gained :D
Only thing I find difficult is the constant eating, it's like after I finish 1 meal, I begin thinking of what I should eat next to reach my calorie goals.
My days aren't pieced together by classes anymore, it's divided by the meals I make & eat.

I believe I am becoming addicted...:D

AdmiralDan
02-13-2005, 06:42 AM
try making a list of meals and set your meal schedule a couple days ahead of time. you may find that if you can focus on other things between meals that they will become easier. also if you make a plan, it is easier to stick to and keep the calories higher

REFLUX
02-13-2005, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the tips AdmiralDan :)
I'll see what I can do

Today's diet:
3500cal!!!
MRPs are really helping me add on the calories everyday, I take 1 in the afternoon & 1 before bed

Also, I notice that the layer of fat on my body is beginning to thicken, especially around my abs. Nothing drastic yet but I can notice it (guess since I'm so skinny it's more easily observed)

Last thing, I feel little to no burn in my left arm after doing the Arms day. It's sore primarily in the right arm but the left is the one which needs to "catch up".
I would've thought that a weaker left arm = put out more effort to lift the weight.
Or do you think I'm compensating with my stronger right arm? Thus working the right more than the left?

If that's the case, any tips on isolating each arm so there is no inter-arm dependency when lifting?

AdmiralDan
02-14-2005, 03:14 AM
don't gauge your workout by soreness, it is in no way an accurate measure of your workout. the only suggestion i have is to use the left arm first when doing db curls and match with your right

Rex
02-14-2005, 07:39 PM
If you want to isolate you need to work with dumbells. Personally, the only thing I do is start DB exercises with my weakers side. So like DB rows with my left side, DB curls with my right!

Nice lifting the other day. Keep going as heavy as possible.

REFLUX
02-15-2005, 12:33 AM
Unfortunately I didn't write down last week's weights/reps so I didn't know where to start today. So I did what I felt I could do.
Looking at last week's Chest & Back day, I didn't progress in weight with certain exercises but they were done with more ease now that I think of it.

Diet: 2600cal! :D

Today's workout:

-Chin up (wide grip)
Set 1: 6 reps, Set 2: 5 reps; Set 3: 3 reps

-Flat Bar Bench Press
Set 1: 8 @ 50lb; Set 2: 6 @ 60lb

-Deadlifts
Set 1: 8 @ 80lb; Set 2: 8 @ 90lb
Had good form for all sets, no wobbling this week

Set 1: 8 @ 35lb; Set 2: 8 @ 40lb; Set 3: 3 @ 40lb
I tried doing 45lb for my 3rd set, I couldn't even do 1 rep :(
Probably could have done a few more reps on Set 3 though

-Barbell Row
Set 1: 8 @ 50lb; Set 2: 8 @ 60lb; Set 3: 6 @ 70lb

-Dips
Set 1 & 2: 8 reps

-Shrugs
Set 1: 10 @ 70lb; Set 2: 8 @ 90lb; Set 3 & 4: 8 @ 110lb

*Note:
My grip always weakens into the later/heavier sets during Shrugs, I feel my traps can do more weight but even with a mixed grip it fails.
Any suggestions/insight for this grip issue?

REFLUX
02-15-2005, 12:38 AM
AdmiralDan:
I'll try that "matching" bit this Friday :)

Rex:
I think I'm going to add in some isolation exercises on top of WBB 1.
1 for my left pec & 1 for my left bicep (maybe tricep too).
3 years ago I used to play a LOT of tennis and the forearm swing emphasizes a pectoral & bicep contraction, so being right handed I think those two muscles were worked really well. But I ignored working on my left side (didn't even work out then) so it is quite a bit smaller.

REFLUX
02-15-2005, 11:46 PM
w00t 2600cal :D

Rex
02-16-2005, 04:48 PM
Those are some strong chin-ups new-b!

There's specific exercises you can incorporate to strengthen your grip. Check out some of the WBB articles. I've personally never done anything special for my grip. Keep on keepin on and you'll see your grip strengthen up real fast. Try to use an overhand grip as much as possible. It makes thigs harder, but harder is always better when it comes to lifting weights.

Deadlifts are great for grip.

Part of the "problem" (it's really not a problem) is you're doing allot of exercises in one day that hit your forearms. Deadlifts, Barbell Rows and shrugs.

REFLUX
02-16-2005, 11:33 PM
Rex:
thanks for the tips
and since I AM a newbie...what does a "strong chin up" mean? *shrug* :D
but yeah I have noticed that my grip has strengthened since starting WBB1, it doesn't fail as quickly and as dramatically as before. Plus the muscles on my forearm have gotten noticeably bigger :)

Today's diet:
3000cal!! haha sweeeet
I'm pushing my leg day back 1 day, got an exam tomorrow that I'm studying for tonight.

REFLUX
02-18-2005, 12:08 AM
Ok I had a terrible work out today, quite disappointing.

WBB 1, Day 4: Legs

-Squat
Set 1: 8 @ 110lb; Set 2: 8 @ 130lb; Set 3: 6 @ 140lb

-Hack Squats
Set 1: 4 @ 55lb; Set 2: 8 @ 55lb; Set 3: 5 @ 65lb

-Leg Curls
Set 1: 8 @ 120lb; Set 2 & 3: 8 @ 125lb; Set 4: 6 @ 135lb

-Straight Leg Deadlift
Set 1 & 2: 8 @ 50lb

-Standing Calve Raises
Set 1: 10 @ 160lb; Set 2: 10 @ 175lb; Set 3: 10 @ 195lb; Set 4: 10 @ 215lb

-Crunches
Set 1: 10 @ 105lb; Set 2: 10 @ 120lb; Set 3 & 4: 5 @ 125lb

*Note:
1) The SLDLs felt very strange, I honestly do not feel ANY strain on my hamstrings at all. I tried different positions & techniques that generated a bit of pull on the hams but it is still primarily on my lower back.
Am I doing something wrong? This is the second week that I've had similar feelings about the SLDL.

2) Hack squats & crunches were the last 2 exercises and I was absolutely exhausted by then. Maybe it's because I hadn't been eating well today, along with not sleeping well

Today's diet:
2600cal :)

Still weighing 131lbs

AdmiralDan
02-18-2005, 06:06 AM
nice workout. made some good gains on the squats didn't you? as for the sldl's, i feel them only a bit in my hamstrings but visually, they have been working. don't worry about being dead at the end of your workout. as you lift more and more, your muscles will be able to handle more and you'll make it through the workouts. good workout though

REFLUX
02-18-2005, 09:53 AM
AdmiralDan:
Yeah I did make some good increases on squats & calve raises.
Visually you see that SLDLs are working...I'll have to check my hams more often then, hehe

I guess the workout felt bad because I was struggling with my grip in hacksquats, trying to find that pinch in the hams for SLDLs and couldn't do as many reps for crunches.
Though hindsight now tells me that it was a lot better than I thought :)

REFLUX
02-19-2005, 12:38 AM
Ok today's workout:

WBB 1, Day 5: Shoulders, Tri's, Bi's

-Military Press
Set 1: 8 @ 55lb; Set 2 & 3: 4 @ 60lb

-Seated Dumbbell Press
Set 1: 8 @ 20lb; Set 2: 8 @ 25lb; Set 3: 6 @ 30lb

-Standing Lateral Raise
Set 1 & 2: 8 @ 20lb

-Narrow Grip Bench Press
Set 1: 8 @ 30lb; Set 2: 8 @ 50lb; Set 3: 6 @ 50lb

-French Press
Set 1: 8 @ 35lb; Set 2: 8 @ 40lb; Set 3: 6 @ 45lb

-Barbell Curls
Set 1: 8 @ 45lb; Set 2: 6 @ 50lb

-Hammer Curls
Set 1: 10 @ 25lb; Set 2: 4 @ 30lb

Really good workout today, besides the lateral raises, I increased the weight in every exercise! Very happy about that :D

132lbs for Feb 18th :)

Diet:
2600cal!!!

REFLUX
02-20-2005, 12:01 AM
Alright today's diet is lacking.
Man I need to get down something more regular on weekends. Seem to slack on the weekends
barely 2100cal :(

Also, probably should increase the calorie intake now that I've gained some weight.

Anyways, I took some progress pics today:
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=60503

REFLUX
02-20-2005, 11:12 PM
Alright I had a myriad of different foods today and I have no way of keeping track of the calories.
I know it was a lot of calories though, easily 2600cal.

It was Chinese dim sum & Malaysian food primarily.

REFLUX
02-21-2005, 09:52 PM
Bah, missed Chest & Back today, was way busy running around all day long & had a family dinner to go to.
I'll hit up the muscles tomorrow.

Diet:
2800cal!! Yay!!

REFLUX
02-23-2005, 01:24 AM
Today's workout:

WBB 1, Day 2: Chest & Back
-Deadlifts
Set 1: 8 @ 90lb; Set 2: 8 @ 120lb; Set 3: 6 @ 140lb

Set 1 & 2: 8 @ 40lb; Set 3: 5 @ 40lb

-Shrugs
Set 1: 10 @ 110lb; Set 2: 10 @ 130lb; Set 3: 10 @ 140lb; Set 4: 5 @ 140lb

-Barbell Row
Set 1: 8 @ 70lb; Set 2: 5 @ 90lb; Set 3: 4 @ 90lb
(incomplete reps on last 2 sets, fatigued)

-Flat Bar Bench Press
Set 1: 8 @ 60lb; Set 2: 8 @ 70lb; Set 3: 5 @ 80lb

-Chin up
Set 1 & 2: 5 reps

-Dips
Set 1 & 2: 8; Set 3: 6

Diet:
Only 2400cal, missed breakfast (woke up late).

AdmiralDan
02-23-2005, 06:14 AM
nice workout. i really like seeing the progress you've made on deadlfits

REFLUX
02-23-2005, 09:24 PM
thanks AdmiralDan! :D
When I hit the deadlifts yesterday, I was really surprised at how easy it was to lift 90lb when it was only last week that I topped out @ 90lb.
And I am so sore today, my traps & lower back...

Missed legs today cuz I didn't have a car to drive but I'll head over to the gym tomorrow :)

Diet:
2800cal!!!
:thumbup:

REFLUX
02-25-2005, 02:25 AM
OK! Today I FINALLY was able to do SLDLs with good form & felt the pinch in the hams!!
w000t

Today's Workout:
WBB 1, Day 3: Legs

-SLDL
Set 1: 8 @ 55lb; Set 2: 8 @ 70lb; Set 3: 8 @ 90lb

-Squat
Set 1: 8 @ 140lb; Set 2: 5 @ 160lb; Set 3: 4 @ 160lb

-Hack Squats
Set 1: 8 @ 65lb; Set 2: 8 @ 80lb

-Leg Curls
Set 1: 8 @ 135lb; Set 2: 8 @ 140lb

-Calve Raises
Set 1 & 2: 10 @ 215lb; Set 3: 10 @ 235lb; Set 4: 10 @ 255lb

-Crunches
Set 1: 10 @ 125lb; Set 2: 10 @ 130lb; Set 3: 8 @ 130lb

Had an absolutely terrible diet today, went out with my friends for dinner @ some fancy shmancy restaurant and of course the portions are TEENY.
I'm so damn hungry I might order a pizza & make a MRP shake before bed.

Ugh....so tired...I can barely go up & down stairs.

AdmiralDan
02-25-2005, 06:17 AM
nice workout. enjoy the pizza. i wish i was the one bulking

REFLUX
02-26-2005, 01:42 AM
AdmiralDan:
thanks & I ended up eating some curry chicken + rice instead :D
yeah I'm not really looking forward to cutting but we'll see as progress is made!

ok going to do arms/shoulders tomorrow.

Today's diet:

2800cal!!!:thumbup:

REFLUX
02-26-2005, 04:13 PM
Did NOT sleep well at all last night, it really shows too because I couldn't even do all the exercises for Arms today :( :(

WBB 1, Day 5: Arms

-Military Press
Set 1: 8 @ 60lb; Set 2: 8 @ 65lb

-Seated Dumbbell Press
Set 1: 8 @ 25lb; Set 2: 7 @ 30lb

-Standing Lateral Raise
Set 1 & 2: 8 @ 20lb

-Narrow Grip Bench Press
Set 1: 8 @ 50lb; Set 2: 6 @ 50lb; Set 3: 2 @ 50lb

-French Press
Too tired, no sets.

-Barbell Curls
Set 1: 7 @ 50lb; Set 2: 4 @ 55lb

-Hammer Curls
Set 1: 5 @ 25lb; Set 2: 4 @ 30lb

I do weigh 135lb though :D :thumbup: :thumbup:

REFLUX
02-27-2005, 01:34 AM
2600cal today
and man...I am SO hungry...

Must eat more just to satisfy appetite...:(

Rex
02-27-2005, 11:27 AM
Some nice lifting going on in here Reflux! Those are some strong squats. Keep pushing yourself. Squating makes you strong. Mentally and physically.

:burger:

REFLUX
02-28-2005, 06:08 PM
Thanks Rex! :D
btw, I finally figured out your little "those are some heavy chin ups" joke
hahahha, yea yea yea so I'm slow....:D

~2600cal yesterday

I am absolutely swamped with work this week, I won't be able to hit the gym until Thurs/Friday :( :( :(
I'll try to make some time though *sigh*

REFLUX
03-01-2005, 12:17 AM
2200cal today

REFLUX
03-02-2005, 02:08 PM
I took in 2600cal yesterday, even while missing 1 snack :D

REFLUX
03-02-2005, 11:19 PM
2400cal today
gonna hit the gym tomorrow!!! :thumbup:

REFLUX
03-03-2005, 11:50 PM
Bah, didn't head to the gym today :(
Tomorrow it will happen, meeting my workout partner then :D

2500cal today :)

REFLUX
03-04-2005, 11:54 PM
yes! went to the gym today and it felt GREAT!!!
damn I didn't think I would miss it so much but I did :D

Today's workout:
WBB 1, Arms & Shoulders

-Military Press
Set 1: 8 @ 60lb; Set 2: 8 @ 65lb

-Seated Dumbbell Press
Set 1 & 2: 8 @ 30lb

-Standing Lateral Raise
Set 1 & 2: 10 @ 20lb

-Narrow Grip Bench Press
Set 1: 8 @ 50lb; Set 2: 6 @ 60lb

-French Press
Set 1: 8 @ 45lb; Sey 2: 6 @ 50lb

-Barbell Curls
Set 1: 8 @ 55lb; Set 2: 6 @ 60lb

-Hammer Curls
Set 1: 6 @ 30lb; Set 2: 4 @ 35lb

Diet:
Only 2300cal :(

AdmiralDan
03-05-2005, 03:08 PM
nice workout. and your diet is getting more and more consistent. keep up the good work

REFLUX
03-06-2005, 01:09 AM
I'm trying to keep it up!

2900cal today
w000000t!!!!

And I'm still gonna eat a PBJ sandwich...gonna put me over 3000cal!!!!

EDIT:
Whoa, natural PB + jam + 2 slices of 1/2" think whole wheat bread makes my total:
3353cal
:eek:
didn't expect it to be that much :redface:

REFLUX
03-07-2005, 12:40 AM
Had a bad day of eating.
Was running around all over the place :(

barely 2000cal

stupid weekends

REFLUX
03-08-2005, 01:20 AM
Busy day today again, diet was mediocre.
~2200cal :(

Today's workout:

-Chin up
Set 1: 8; Set 2: 6

-Deadlifts
Set 1 & 2: 6 @ 140lb

Set 1 7 2: 8 @ 40lb

-Barbell Row
Set 1: 5 @ 70lb

-Shrugs
Set 1: 10 @ 140lb; Set 2: 10 @ 160lb

-Bench Press
Set 1: 8 @ 80lb; Set 2: 6 @ 90lb

-Dips
Set 1 & 2: 8

*Note:
I'm not sure what the heck happened to my deadlifts but I could barely do 140lb whereas the last time I did them, I was doing the same weight without as much struggling.
My lower back was killed after the DLs so the Barbell Rows totally suffered.

What is up with these bad days?
Could it be rest? Not eating enough? Both?

REFLUX
03-09-2005, 09:35 PM
Terrible diets yesterday & today :(
2000 cal :(

Didn't hit the gym today because a family friend came out of town to visit.
Will go tomorrow.

REFLUX
03-11-2005, 12:35 AM
WBB 1, Day 4: Legs

-SLDL
Set 1: 5 @ 90lb; Set 2: 8 @ 100lb; Set 3: 8 @ 110lb

-Squats
Set 1: 8 @ 170lb; Set 2: 3 @ 180lb; Set 3: 3 @ 170lb

-Hack Squats
Set 1: 5 @ 80lb; Set 2: 8 @ 90lb; Set 3: 6 @ 110lb

-Leg Curls
Set 1: 8 @ 145lb; Set 2: 6 @ 150lb

-Calve Raises
Set 1: 10 @ 255lb; Set 2: 10 @ 275lb; Set 3 & 4: 10 @ 280lb

Crunches:
Set 1-4: Normal crunches on mat

*Question & Notes:
-Any recommendations for a replacement for Leg Curls? I find that my legs can do the weight but I use my back because the machine doesn't fit me so well. *shrug*
-I absolutely maxed out on 180lb for the Squats, I couldn't bring it up for the 4th rep when my legs were compressed. Had to use the safety support.
-My legs are absolutely gone, I can barely go up the stairs.
-I also tried to do some intensive stretching, heard it helps with growth?

Diet:
3100cal!!!!
Man I got to keep it more consistent!

AdmiralDan
03-11-2005, 06:15 AM
nice work with the squats. and nice work getting the diet back up

REFLUX
03-11-2005, 11:18 PM
How's your workout coming?

Today's Workout:
WBB 1, Day 5: Arms

-Military Press
Set 1: 8 @ 70lb; Set 2: 6 @ 75lb

-Seated Dumbbell Press
Set 1: 8 @ 30lb; Set 2: 4 @ 35lb; Set 3: 3 @ 30lb

-Lateral Raise
Set 1: 10 @ 15lb; Set 2: 10 @ 20lb

-Narrow Grip Bench Press
Set 1: 4 @ 65lb; Set 2: 6 @ 65lb; Set 3: 4 @ 70lb

-French Press
Set 1: 8 @ 55lb; Set 2: 4 @ 60lb

-Barbell Curls
Set 1: 7 @ 60lb; Set 2: 6 @ 65lb

-Hammer Curls
Set 1: 8 @ 30lb; Set 2: 6 @ 35lb

*Note:
-I figured out that my form for the Lateral Raises was off & I wasn't targeting the side shoulder muscles, so this time I made sure I was doing them with good form.

Diet:
3000cal!!!!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

REFLUX
03-13-2005, 09:26 PM
Ok, yesterday I didn't eat much...2000cal or so :(

Today = 2300cal

I try so damn hard to stuff my face during the weekends but I'm not sure why I stay full.
Maybe it's because I become a total sloth on Sat/Sun???

REFLUX
03-16-2005, 04:55 PM
Mon + Tues = ~2100cal
can't hit the gym this week, got a major midterm to prepare for :(
But I'll be trying to do exercises at home (pushups, situps, chinups, etc)

AdmiralDan
03-16-2005, 09:08 PM
good luck on the exam and hit the gym that much harder next week

REFLUX
03-16-2005, 09:24 PM
AdmiralDan:
Thanks :) and I will hit the weights hard next week :thumbup:
Prbly go to the gym on Friday to get going ASAP

2100cal today

REFLUX
03-20-2005, 01:10 AM
Alright wow....here's an update:

past 1 or 2 days I haven't been eating well, decided enough was enough...I still should be taking in the calories even though I'm not at the gym.

Asked for some help, got some help, took it seriously & I hit:

3700cal

I am absolutely blown away, it is quite obvious that it can be done, just need to put my head to it & stay COMMITTED :thumbup:

Of course I know this isn't exactly great for my body, eating so few calories then piling it on one day but I do plan on keeping it up!!!
3000cal/day....HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you EVERYONE for their encouragement & comments, it is GREATLY appreciated :)

AdmiralDan
03-20-2005, 06:13 AM
good work man. keep working out with your calories that high and you'll start making gains like crazy

Rex
03-21-2005, 07:11 AM
Thanks Rex! :D
btw, I finally figured out your little "those are some heavy chin ups" joke
hahahha, yea yea yea so I'm slow....:D

Na dude... I wasn't joking! Those are some strong wide grip chin-ups for a newbie! Bwx 6, Bw x5, BW x 3... For someone just starting out that's pretty impressive in my opinion.

REFLUX
03-22-2005, 12:43 AM
Rex:
Oh really??? hahahaha well thank you!

Ok update for today:

Diet = 3000cal!!!!
YAY!!! :D

Deadlift
-Set 1: 6 @ 140lb; Set 2: 6 @ 150lb

Flat Bar Bench Press
-Set 1: 6 @ 90lb; Set 2: 2 @ 100lb; Set 3 & 4: 3 @ 90lb

Chin Ups
-Set 1: 6; Set 2: 5

Low Incline Dumbbell Press
-Set 1: 8 @ 40lb; Set 2: 6 @ 45lb; Set 3: 4 @ 45lb

Barbell Row
-Set 1: 8 @ 70lb; Set 2: 8 @ 90lb

Shrugs
-Set 1: 10 @ 170lb

Dips:
Set 1: 10 @ BW + 10lb; Set 2 & 3: 3 @ BW + 25lb

*Notes:
-I think my form for Barbell Rows & Shrugs might've been a little off, got to double check it.
-I'm quite surprised at the weight I could lift for Inc. Dumb. Press, I had trouble staying stable (arms were kind of wobbly) @ 40lb but @ 45lb it actually felt easier! Really weird but I'm happy with doing 45lb/arm, couldn't break 40lb for a long time :D
-For Dips I put on this leather belt with a chain & hooked on the 10lb & 25lb plates, felt very strange...almost dominatrixy....leather....chains...
hahahaha

REFLUX
03-22-2005, 11:36 PM
3200cal today!!!!!!!!!

traps, pecs & biceps are super stiff today :nod:

REFLUX
03-24-2005, 01:03 AM
Diet:
only 2800cal today, missed 1 snack :(

Weight:
137lb!!

Today's Workout, WBB 1, Day 3: Legs

-SLDL
Set 1: 8 @ 110lb; Set 2: 8 @ 120lb; Set 3: 6 @ 125lb (3rd set = replace 1 set of Leg Curls)

-Squats
Set 1: 8 @ 180lb; Set 2 & 3: 4 @ 185lb

-Hack Squats
Set 1: 6 @ 115lb; Set 2: 6 @ 120lb

-Leg Curls
Set 1: 6 @ 135lb

-Calve Raises
Set 1: 10 @ 180lb; Set 2: 10 @ 295lb; Set 3 & 4: 10 @ 300lb

-Crunches
Set 1-4: 10 normal crunches

*Note:
Even at 135lb I am still using my back for leg curls, my hamstrings can do the weight but the machine makes me use my back, is this supposed to happen? Heard it is not so I'm going to find a replacement exercise for leg curls.
Any suggestions?

REFLUX
03-25-2005, 10:54 AM
Ok ok, updated pics.
Not much to write home about but it'll keep me in the habit :)

http://homepage.mac.com/terrylui/WBB_03_24_05/PhotoAlbum29.html

2nd Round of Pics:
http://homepage.mac.com/terrylui/WBB_02_19_05/PhotoAlbum27.html

Baseline:
http://homepage.mac.com/terrylui/WBB_01_23_05/PhotoAlbum25.html

Stats:
5'10"
137lb
Old clothing is beginning to feel tighter :D
(oh ****...does this mean I'm going to have to buy all new clothing!? :()

REFLUX
03-29-2005, 05:44 PM
been slacking the past few days.
Missed Friday's workout cuz the gym closed early for Good Friday & I didn't go yesterday cuz I essentially forgot about it & filled my evening with work.
Calorie count has been low but I'm increasing it again, I'm just not used to eating so much & all the time...feels very unnatural to me.
But I'm trying!!!!

AdmiralDan
03-29-2005, 07:37 PM
don't make a habit of missing workouts. you can see a little change in your pics, but keep at it. make sure to keep your calories high

REFLUX
04-01-2005, 10:39 PM
Awww man I'm trying not to but school is really bogging down on me right now :(
I've barely had time to count my calories on FitDay.com

Well I did hit the gym on Wednesday and managed to increase the weight on all the leg exercises. The workout felt really good, all my exercises were done with good form and stability (maybe not so much on the hacksquats).

I'll post updates when I can!

REFLUX
04-05-2005, 11:55 PM
K I got to take some time off from my workouts.
School is ending and I have work + exams coming out my nose.

I'll be back!!

REFLUX
04-29-2005, 04:57 PM
Ok after an extremely long month I'm back!

I'll post up some stats later tonight after I get back from the gym.

I know I've lost weight but it's not going to get me down :)

REFLUX
05-01-2005, 01:18 AM
Alright went to the YMCA yesterday & lifted moderately.
Didn't have a spotter & just wanted to gradually get back into things.

Found that I can still lift my previous max weight but with more difficulty.

Anyways I'm in @ 132lbs
Lost 5lbs over this past month.

We're right in the middle of moving houses so I'll try to keep my diet up to par.

AdmiralDan
05-03-2005, 05:16 PM
don't worry. we all have times when we have to take a break. just make it a point to work that much harder when you get back to the gym

REFLUX
05-06-2005, 12:01 AM
Your feedback is really appreciated!

My family & I are in the middle of moving and my mom has to undergo an operation in 2 weeks...things are very disorganized right now.

On Monday I did Chest & Back, took it relatively easy but could still lift ~90% of my maximum.
Crazy day on Wed ended up with me forgetting to go to the gym entirely.
Hitting up the weights tomorrow.

Diet's half decent, not near the 3000cal goal but it's getting better each day :)