PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP and CRITIQUE with my DAILY FOOD ROUTINE!!!

viperc8
01-22-2005, 09:06 PM
After being out of the lifting game for a while , i think it is time to make a comeback. I just need a little help in getting my diet routine down so i can make everything as efficient as possible. This is my basic breakdown.

2 days Lifting and one day off in which one day is Chest , Triceps. Second day is Shoulders Back Biceps.

Heres the diet schedule:

Wake up and take a protein shake with a bagel. thats like 50g protein and 50 g carbs.

2 hrs later eat cottage cheese and apple sauce and chicken and rice fruits - no idea wat the numbers on this one- pretty big

2 hrs later which is like about 30 mins before i am about to lift oatmeal and only one scoop of protein shake

after lifting huge meal with pasta and chicken and cottage cheese and apple sauce and fruits and steak and rice

2hrs later yogurt and tuna

before i go to bed , drink a shake and eat yogurt

My basic questions are...

Is my timing right for the foods i am eating..
Should I take dextrose with creatine right before i lift and \or after
Should i take my vitamins which is atlarges multi and fish oil in the morning and before i go to bed..

I know all this is alot to read but i would greatly appreciate any smart lifter which has more knowledge about this than me at this time to help me out here. Thanx alot

Adam
01-22-2005, 10:06 PM
I'll comment on the lifting routine.
Wheres the legs?

MrWebb78
01-22-2005, 10:14 PM
most important for us to help out is to know your goals. are you trying to add mass? assuming you are, you will need to add a bit more fat in your diet. i would try to make each meal have the same ratio of macro's(ex: 15g fat, 70g carb, 40g protein). you have some meals that are just yogurt and tuna that will offer protein, and thats about it. then you have other meals that have tons of carbs. try for a bit more balance throughout the day.

as for the multivit/fish caps. i prefer to break up my doses of fish oil and take some with each meal as opposed to all in the morning or night. i dont think it matters when you take the multivit.

viperc8
01-23-2005, 09:23 AM
no yogurt has about 40 g of carbs.. so tuna and yogurt is fine i thought

Stupendous
01-23-2005, 10:37 AM
no yogurt has about 40 g of carbs.. so tuna and yogurt is fine i thought

3 shakes per day? Eat more real food. I have 1 shake per day; it's post-workout. I occassionally have more than 1 if I slack off in eating or don't have time for real food.

You don't want carbs before you go to bed. You want something consisting of a slow-absorbing protein and fat. An example would be cottage cheese (casein protein) and olive oil.

viperc8
01-23-2005, 03:13 PM
do you guys think my lifting routine is fine..

AdmiralDan
01-23-2005, 03:17 PM
no, like adam said, you don't do legs

Optimum08
01-23-2005, 11:34 PM
:withstupi...legs are most important...

fen2zla
01-24-2005, 12:23 AM
do you guys think my lifting routine is fine..

No, like the other's have said, you should train your leg's. Also how many set's and rep's are you doing for each exercise?