PDA

View Full Version : Need bulkage

hockfootball
01-23-2005, 12:43 AM
I need a good bulking diet for football. I have been working out for about 6 months and i have not gained any weight. My maxes on bench, squat, and power cleans have all been increasing but my weight has not.

-------------------
Age 15
6'2''
170 lbs.
max bench= 195
squat= 225
powerclean= 2/10/115

Adam
01-23-2005, 01:17 AM
You have to eat more.
Don't say you "eat alot" either. If your not gaining weight, its not enough.
If you want easy calories get a weight gainer like N'Large and have a serving of that every day.

hockfootball
01-23-2005, 11:23 AM
I have some gainers, i also have some nitro tech protein powder, i only take one scoop after workouts because its spendy, so a full serving of the gainers every day or one scoop?

SpecialK
01-23-2005, 11:41 AM
I have some gainers, i also have some nitro tech protein powder, i only take one scoop after workouts because its spendy, so a full serving of the gainers every day or one scoop?

First of all, I would drop the nitrotech and pick up a cheaper whey protein such as Optimum Nutrition (you can get it at www.dpsnutrition.net for $25 I think, $30 w/ shipping) or allthewhey (www.allthewhey.com, cheaper than ON but doesn't taste quite as good).

Second, I would aim for 25XBW in cals for a bulking diet, which for you would be 4250 cals. Then I would recommend 50% of that be carbs, 30% protein, and 20% healthy fats. Others may disagree with the percentage breakdown, but I think if you were getting enough total cals, you should make progress if you follow that breakdown. Read that sticky in the diet and nutrition section called "What a Bodybuilder Eats", it's got some good information.

Adam
01-23-2005, 11:41 AM
full serving.
Don't buy nitrotech anymore though, as you know its way to expensive.
For protein i recommend Nitrean(atlarge nutrition) and for weightgainer i recommend N'large by prolab.

Canadian Crippler
01-23-2005, 11:46 AM
I'd be 145lbs if it weren't for weightgainer, lol.

snowster900
01-23-2005, 11:50 AM
you dont even need those weighgainesr.. just eat like crazy i started at liek 130 and im a few pounds over 160 now

Keith Wassung
01-23-2005, 01:21 PM
When I was younger ( 14-17) and wanted to gain muscular bodyweight, I did the following eating plan.

First, I would stock up the fridge on quality proten items such as soft boiled eggs, chicken breasts, swiss cheese, sirloin burgers, and would put all of this in a large tupperware container in the fridge and during the day would snack out of it, at least every hour would eat 2 eggs, or one of the meat items and then at night, would get up and eat as well.

In addition, would eat regular meals, usually big salads and tons of fresh vegetables and maybe some brown rice.

I would also take a high fiber supplement as well.

This worked especially well when I had been training real hard for the previous 4-6 weeks and had hit a plateau.

this worked especially way over three day weekends, such as Labor Day ( approaching soon)

The results, I always achieved incredible solid muscle and strength gains in the weeks following this eating plan.

Keith W.

J.C.
01-23-2005, 01:40 PM
Although this isn't the most scientific of reccomendations I would say that being a 6'2 15yr old 170lb football player basically gives you a license to eat as much of just about anything you like in order to bulk up.

With your naturally slim build, you are not going to easily become huge, so just start eating.

Plus, your only 15 and although you'll hate to hear it, you are more likely to fill out in the next 5 years not weeks; so again, eat more if you want to make progress.

And you play American football (I'm engilsh, sorry I have to call it that otherwise I'll forget) so you are obviously reasonably active and are stressing the muscles with weightlifting - you will not get fat, so just eat everything and don't worry about it.

I've been constantly trying to gain weight for rowing since I was about 15 and am now about 200lbs at 6'4. three years ago I was the same weight (a bit less actually) and height as you were, and most of that weight was added in the first year because I became happier with my frame as I grew and stopped trying so hard. Here are some of the things that I did and some of the advice I was given:

Drink milk. I drank up to 5 pints a day semi-skimmed; its a real cheap n' easy way to add calories and protein. And if you add gainer to that...

Snack as much as you can. Perfectly balanced small meals or MRPs are obviously best but its easier just to eat more fruit or bread or yoghurt or nuts - I tried to look as if I was always eating something - its still calories. Remember you are tring to bulk.

Try and use higher calorie foods whenever possible - peanut butter is great, and adding olive/flaxseed oil etc to all your food adds a load of good fat and calories.

For more advice, read every article at wannabebig.