PDA

View Full Version : Starting WBB1, my "baseline" pictures

REFLUX
01-24-2005, 04:40 PM
I'm 21, weigh ~120lbs & am 5'10"

Here are my pics:
http://homepage.mac.com/terrylui/WBB_01_23_05/PhotoAlbum25.html
(link fixed)
I know I got lots to work on but comments, suggestions & critiques are very welcome!!

My Journal (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=58876)

getfit
01-24-2005, 04:44 PM
i can't get there it says you have to join or something?

theperfectbeast
01-24-2005, 05:40 PM
cant see the pics but at 5'10" 120 you should eat alot of food. and that is my only suggestion

KiwiBuilder
01-24-2005, 06:49 PM
Try this (http://homepage.mac.com/terrylui/WBB_01_23_05/PhotoAlbum25.html) instead

-John-
01-24-2005, 07:11 PM
you look bigger then 5"10 120 lbs. i am 5'9, 140 lbs and you look bigger then me in that picture , keep at it and as theperfectbeast said keep on eating.
Goodluck :thumbup:

Gabrielle
01-24-2005, 07:48 PM
yeah...you have a great physique to build on...nice wide clavicles..and you have good existing quad shape and development...good luck

REFLUX
01-24-2005, 10:34 PM
heheh :redface:
I fixed the link (actually I just replaced it with the URL)

Thanks Kiwibuilder for posting up the correct addy :D

And thanks everyone for the comments!
I've been told that I have wide shoulders/clavicles (difference?) before but it was a salesman so I thought he was just trying to get me to buy, hehe

As already mentioned in my Journal, I'm trying my best to stuff down as many calories as I can (2600cal/day is what the calculation suggested).

The plan is to take updated pictures about every 2 weeks in the same poses, maybe some additional ones as I learn more about proper posing.
Not sure if I should do measurements though, I'll see what I can come up with in the Search but just offhand, does anyone have a website that shows you how/where to take body measurements?

EviscerationX
01-25-2005, 01:46 AM
Eat like a horse, man. Pack on dem pounds ;)

getfit
01-25-2005, 02:22 AM
Eat like a horse, man. Pack on dem pounds ;)
yup! yup!

muscle chic
01-25-2005, 07:24 AM
Keep up the good work!!

Guido
01-25-2005, 08:50 AM
Hey man. Like they said just keep eating lots and work out heavy. I was stuck at 142-146 lbs forever (9 years) and just in the past 2 months since taking that advice I've gained over 15 lbs. Now at almost 163.

Max-Mex
01-25-2005, 10:25 AM
As already mentioned in my Journal, I'm trying my best to stuff down as many calories as I can (2600cal/day is what the calculation suggested)

2600 cals? I hardly think you'll gain any serious weight with such a low cal intake. Put it this way, I'm shorter than you, weigh more (196), and with 2600 cals, I lose weight. Also, I'm an endomorph so I have a hard time losing weight.

I would say at LEAST 3000 cals for you. That's a minimum.

REFLUX
01-26-2005, 12:06 AM
thanks again everyone for the tips :)
I'm trying my best to increase my daily calories, I just broke 2600cal today so I'm pretty happy about that :D

I did the Chest & Back exercises off WBB1 yesterday and I was totally exhausted (deadlifts!)

Max-Mex: I got 2600cal/day from a thread in the Diet & Nutrition forum. I'm an Ectomorph and I just used their equation:
(bodyweight x 16-17) + 500
So at 120lb I should be taking in 2540cal/day.
I'll see how it goes as time passes but as for now, I got to really try just to reach 2600cal/day. Probably since I'm not used to eating so much & so often.

Also, you lose weight @ 2600cal/day probably because you have ~70lbs more muscle than I do. I don't think my body draws as many calories since I have smaller muscles.
Thanks for the tip though, I'll keep it in mind :)

ElPietro
01-26-2005, 07:00 AM
At 120lbs you do not count your calories. Unless you are 5'1" and a chick. Eat up until the point where you think you might puke, and continue this throughout the day.

I couldn't quite see you when you turned sideways. Just see this vertical beige line. :eek:

Munky
01-26-2005, 09:28 AM
good luck man

REFLUX
01-26-2005, 05:36 PM
Elpietro:
yeah breaking 2600cal was a little difficult for me. Again, prbly cuz I'm not used to eat so much, so often. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually :)
And thanks for wording things so eloquently, "vertical beige line", hahahahahaha!! :p

Munky:

Tafman
01-26-2005, 05:48 PM
eat 6-7 times a day, eat lots of carbs and protein. hit the gym hard but dont overtrain. print out a meal program and a workout habit and stick to it for a month. if it works well, keep it.

REFLUX
01-26-2005, 11:02 PM
Tafman:
yeah I'm trying to eat as often as I can :) and I'm trying to eat anything/everything right now.
as for hitting the gym hard, once I figure out how to do all the exercises properly I'll be adding weight.

Max-Mex:
I broke 3000cal today ;)

Tafman
01-26-2005, 11:59 PM
Tafman:
yeah I'm trying to eat as often as I can :) and I'm trying to eat anything/everything right now.
as for hitting the gym hard, once I figure out how to do all the exercises properly I'll be adding weight.

Max-Mex:
I broke 3000cal today ;)

good stuff, remember form is everything.

Max-Mex
01-27-2005, 04:12 AM
Max-Mex:
I broke 3000cal today ;)

Booyah!

Guido
01-27-2005, 09:08 AM
Sup, Acid. If I were you I'd check out Fitday.com. Start a journal there and then you can keep track of your calories. I think you'll be somewhat surprised at how much eating it takes to truly pack on some weight. Start taking protein shakes and try to eat things listed on the "What a Bodybuilder Eats" thread. You'll start gaining. Good luck :thumbup:

REFLUX
01-27-2005, 04:15 PM
Tafman:
Agreed

Max-Mex:
:thumbup:

Guido:
Yeah I started a FitDay.com journal when I started WBB1 :) and I totally agree, it takes a LOT to build up the calories.
The "What a BodyBuilder Eats" thread has helped but my schedule and recently stocked fridge hasn't allowed me to get the foods listed. Next time I go to the grocery store I'll have it printed out

oh & I don't know if this is anything significant but I've put on 5lbs!
125lbs baby!! :D :D :D

Mr. ?
01-27-2005, 04:42 PM
heheh :redface:
I fixed the link (actually I just replaced it with the URL)

Thanks Kiwibuilder for posting up the correct addy :D

And thanks everyone for the comments!
I've been told that I have wide shoulders/clavicles (difference?) before but it was a salesman so I thought he was just trying to get me to buy, hehe

As already mentioned in my Journal, I'm trying my best to stuff down as many calories as I can (2600cal/day is what the calculation suggested).

The plan is to take updated pictures about every 2 weeks in the same poses, maybe some additional ones as I learn more about proper posing.
Not sure if I should do measurements though, I'll see what I can come up with in the Search but just offhand, does anyone have a website that shows you how/where to take body measurements?

You have a build similar to mine. Narrow hips and relatively wide shoulders. I think 2600 cal is a good place to start for your weight. My starting weight was 135 and I stayed on a 3000 cal diet for a while. I gained about 13 lbs before I stopped gaining. Bumped it up another 300 cals and gained another 4 lbs then plateaued again. I haven't gained anything in the last couple of months due to injuries and not being able to work out but I have maintained since. Hover around 150-152.

I probably wouldn't bother taking pics every two weeks but that is up to you. At your weight (mine too) even gaining 5 lbs can be hard to notice. I would taked pics maybe every 2 months. This may be good so as to not get discouraged when you don't notice any change from taking them every two weeks.

I never took any measurments when I started because I didn't care about getting big and ripped I just wanted to gain weight. Then when I started to see my body changing I got excited and took a different view of why I was lifting. I now wish I would have taken measurements from the start. I would suggest doing it.

Sounds like you are having fun. Keep at it. I will be keeping up with your posts. I am interested in seeing your gains since we are so close in body structure.

REFLUX
01-27-2005, 10:44 PM
Mr. ?:
thank you :D
so you put on ~15-20lbs then stopped? Was this solely because of the injuries?
And you have a good point about becoming discouraged when gains aren't seen in pictures, I'll keep that in mind & not let it bug me. I just figure that having more records will be better than less.

How have you changed your goals/views in lifting & now want to have measurements?
Since I've never taken a very serious vantage to lifting I'm not sure how my progress will affect the goals & desired end results. Maybe it'd be better to take measurements than not.

REFLUX
01-28-2005, 11:31 PM
Weighing in today @ 128lbs!!! :D

Mr. ?
01-31-2005, 12:15 PM
Well I didn’t “stop”. I had to take about 2 ˝ weeks off from all lower body workouts because off a knee injury. At that point my lifting wasn’t of the highest quality due to this. It was also like the last month of my lifting routine before I was going to change things up. Needless to say didn’t see any significant strength or weight gains. I am actually starting today with a new routine. It is good to change things up every now and then.

When I started I just wanted to fill out my clothes. I wasn’t so much interested in the progress along the way just the end result. Once I started seeing the changes I was amazed and decided I wanted to also look good not just gain weight and be able to track progress. Measurements are a way to track your progress simply put.

Just keep lifting. People like you and me can do it. There are plenty of people here who started in our position and look where they are now. It may take a couple of years but we have nothing but time. :thumbup:

REFLUX
01-31-2005, 11:11 PM
Awesome Mr.? !
Glad to hear that you're still hitting the weights :)

I took some measurements last week and I plan on taking them in regular intervals, probably along with my pictures :)

I'm beginning to understand why people get so involved in weightlifting :D

Weighing in today @ 126lbs. Looks like it was just a weight fluctuation that put me @ 128lbs. Oh well, I'm still happy to know the weight is coming :D