PDA

View Full Version : calories for a 250 pounder...

sheparay
01-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Ive been tooling around here for a while now.. what a great site!! Anyway I have the typical question on calories, but havent been able to find an answer for someone my size... I gained a lot of weight over the past few years and now its time for it to come off. I have been lifting 4-5 days a week and trying to do cardio 3-4 days a week.. Now that I am getting into a routine with this I decided to really focus on my diet.. I started doing the fitday thing... Anyway, I kept track of all of my foods today (a typical weekday) and found that I only ate around 1300 calories!!! I am trying to lose weight, but I just want to make sure this is not way wrong!! My goal is to lose somewhere around 50 pounds in the next 6 months.... My diet today consisted of 24 g of fat, 175 g of protein and 102 g of carbs... Can someone tell me if I am going about this wrong or if this is ok for someone who is trying to both get stronger with the lifting but also lose weight??? Oh I also started taking thermocin by AtLargenutrition...... THanks Everybody!!

AdmiralDan
01-25-2005, 05:48 AM
that seems to be a lot of weight to lose in a short time without any "helpers". you need to eat more calories. find what your maintainence calories are and eat 500 less than that number, making sure to get enough protein(at least 1g per pound of bodyweight). i would say start with just a diet and routine and change things to keep porgressing(increasing cardio, adding thermogenic, etc.). if you want to keep your muscle, aim to lose 1-1.5 lbs a week.

sheparay
01-25-2005, 06:53 AM
I have been trying to figure my maintanance calories, but the formula I found requires me to measure my body fat percentage... I really dont have a way to do this. Can someone suggest any other ways??? I thought that was a low amount of calories.... I had just never paid much attention.. The funny this was that I wasnt really hungry throughout the day.. Oh well... Thanks Guys....

AdmiralDan
01-25-2005, 05:19 PM
find a simpler calculation system