PDA

View Full Version : Tips to loose the fat! PLease help!

Celestial
11-19-2001, 05:31 PM
Ok guys! So far this year I have lost 78 pounds. I have muscle definition so I really don't want to build up anymore than what i have. But I want to keep what I have as far as muscle BUT loose some more of this body fat. I lost 11 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I took sometime off for a vacation and just ate what I wanted and gained two pounds. Came home and back to my schedule and the weight flew off. I just wanted to know what your tips are to loose the fat.....any help would be apprechiated. I am 5'10 and at 229 now. 25% body fat. Thanx

Orange357
11-19-2001, 05:42 PM
Damn 78 Pounds! what was your bf before if i may ask
*gives a little ripple(Applause)*

as for advice Diet/Weight training regimen/cardio best things you can do...Also use the search function and you'll be pleasently surprised...

CBates
11-19-2001, 05:46 PM
What I found to work for me is just eating really high protein foods like baked chicken, baked fish, and tuna. Pretty much cut out all cars except for veggies. I went from 230 lbs to 160 lbs in 2 1/2 - 3 months on this diet. The best part about it is I gained in strength. Most of the time when somebody loses a lot of body weight they will lose in strength, all of my lifts increased. Cardio is not a necessary to lose body fat, but it will speed the process.

Celestial
11-19-2001, 06:16 PM
My body fat perfect was 49% :( This is still embarrassing ot me. I was in a bad wreck so I wasnt able to do anything for a long time and the weight came on. I learned to ignore/overcome the pain to get myself back into shape. Here is some pics of me. One was from X mas of last year and the rest are from within the last month. Give me some feedback. I work out at least 6 days a week. One day is my ball crunches, then full body work out with weights and maybe 20-30 mins of cardio (I keep my heart rate up through the whole process) then the next day is ball crunches and 1 hour cardio. Thats what I do on a every other day schedule. I hope to loose 40lbs by the new year. Thats my goal really, I am going to try hard...but I am more worried about the body fat percent then the weight, cause mucle of course weighs more than fat!

http://imagep.webphotos.iwon.com//1000019684/1000019684_1119200180630PM0.3824121.jpg
http://imagep.webphotos.iwon.com//1000019684/1000019684_1119200180722PM0.5281946.jpg

http://imagep.webphotos.iwon.com//1000019684/1000019684_1119200181631PM0.7708203.jpg
http://imagep.webphotos.iwon.com//1000019684/1000019684_1119200181624PM2.544582E-03.jpg

I look at the first one and think OMG I cant believe thats me:( Makes me sick but I am so much closer to my goal then to that so thats good. Just the difference in my face is so noticable!

CBates-Give me a sample menu of what you ate a day! Thanx!

Edit-I fixed the broken links!

CBates
11-19-2001, 06:35 PM
Here is what I eat Monday through Friday, I try to eat the same on the weekend, but I may add a little bit more food b/c I'm not at work all day.

8am:
2 serving of egg whites and 1 real egg mixed as an egg omelet with fat free cheese and cut up pieces of lean ham.

9am:
whey protein shake with a cup and a half of skim milk

12:15 pm:
a slice of ham

2:00 pm:
can of tuna mixed with fat free cheese

4:15 pm:
whey protein shake mixed with water

7:30 pm:
apple

9:00 pm:
one of the 3 meals
-baked fish with veggies
-baked chicken with veggies
-salad with chicken cut up in it

11:30 pm (before I go to bed):
whey protein shake with a cup and a half of skim milk.

Currently I'm not doing any cardio, but about to start doing cardio 2-3 times a week. But if I start losing muscle mass I'll drop the cardio. Later tonight when I'm home (at work right now) I'll upload a picture of me to see the results I have gained off of this diet..

Celestial
11-19-2001, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by CBates
Here is what I eat Monday through Friday, I try to eat the same on the weekend, but I may add a little bit more food b/c I'm not at work all day.

8am:
2 serving of egg whites and 1 real egg mixed as an egg omelet with fat free cheese and cut up pieces of lean ham.

9am:
whey protein shake with a cup and a half of skim milk

12:15 pm:
a slice of ham

2:00 pm:
can of tuna mixed with fat free cheese

4:15 pm:
whey protein shake mixed with water

7:30 pm:
apple

9:00 pm:
one of the 3 meals
-baked fish with veggies
-baked chicken with veggies
-salad with chicken cut up in it

11:30 pm (before I go to bed):
whey protein shake with a cup and a half of skim milk.

Currently I'm not doing any cardio, but about to start doing cardio 2-3 times a week. But if I start losing muscle mass I'll drop the cardio. Later tonight when I'm home (at work right now) I'll upload a picture of me to see the results I have gained off of this diet.. WOw that is a lot of what I basically eat LOL I will just print that out and follow it for a few weeks and see what I come up with...I may replace the ham with turkey though:)

I have a question about the whey protein. I have it here at home as well as soy. Now if I drank the whey 2 times a day would that cause me to bulk up more or would it help me manitain my mucle? I DO NOT want to bulk up anymore.. I have a lot of muscle already. The soy protein i heard is really benificial to women, what are the differences?
Thanx

I am off to the gym, be back later!

Orange357
11-19-2001, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Celestial
but I am more worried about the body fat percent then the weight, cause mucle of course weighs more than fat!
\

Finally a chick that realizes that! Really amazing change!:thumbup:

the doc
11-19-2001, 08:17 PM
Damn woman, that is one impressive transformation. Absolutely tremendous!!!!!!! You look absolutely fabulous :hump:

seriously though, with regard to whey, i wouldn't worry about "bulking" any more. This will largely be governed by the fact that your are below maintainence calorie levels (thus you will catabolize more fat and lean tissue- thus dropping pounds) Women just dont get huge and you look to have nice proportions and symmetry in those later pics. not only is it very difficult for women to bulk without eating a lot but even if you were to add some additional musclemass as you drop more fat you would still look great!

Since soy doesn't mix well i'd mix the whey and soy together and use it as an all purpose blend.

The benefits of soy for women and men are highly debated.

with regard to your diet, it seems heavy on protein with a few carbs thrown in here and there. at least once every week try and have a starchy low fat meal (oats, pasta, white potato, etc.) -have it as the last one of the day or post workout (after heavy lifting). Why? lack of carbs over a prolonged time causes your metabolism to slow down. Also, try and add some more good fat to your meals (nuts, olive oil, flax oil). Why? consuming some fat leaves one feeling full and reinforces a fat buring metabolic state

best wishes

Scooby-Doo
11-19-2001, 08:32 PM
WOW! you made amazing progress!! keep up the hard work and follow our advice and youll reach your goals in no time! :thumbup:

Celestial
11-19-2001, 09:00 PM
Thanx everyone for the kinds words and all the advice! I will definatly be taking and using it all!

I just got back from the gym and I am going to make myself a protein shake....I am starving and I know that it will fill me right up:)

I purchased this stuff called carb solutions it already has a whey and soy blend in it..is this stuff ok? If not I also have whey protein and soy by itself...

WHat are the benifits of drinking all water? That is still the way to go right? Cause that is what i drink...but I also heard some things about green tea too.

Sorry for all the Q's!

I will definatly be posting a lot more here! You guys can keep me in check:D hehe

CBates
11-19-2001, 10:27 PM
Here is the pic of me based on my diet. I know it's not great results or anything, but it's pretty good from being 230 at one time and way overweight for my size.

http://publish.hometown.aol.com/charleybates/myhomepage/charley.jpg

Celestial
11-19-2001, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by CBates
Here is the pic of me based on my diet. I know it's not great results or anything, but it's pretty good from being 230 at one time and way overweight for my size.

http://publish.hometown.aol.com/charleybates/myhomepage/charley.jpg I think you are smoking crack!!!!! You look awesome!!! That's a good change. I can't believe you lost that much wieght that fast! I am thinking I would look good around 160-175....I don't know...it all depends on my muscle mass. If I look damn good at 185 then I wont care one bit how much I weigh LOL I will definatly keep everyone posted on my progress. Hopefully I can shed some of this weight before the new year:) That would totally make my whole year:) And next year too!

Ps- What was your workout schedule those two ,months you lost the weight?

YatesNightBlade
11-20-2001, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by the doc
Damn woman, that is one impressive transformation. Absolutely tremendous!!!!!!! You look absolutely fabulous :hump:

I totally agree ...... you should be very proud of yourself. Well Done you look awesome.

Oh BTW ..... for extra fat loss .... I'd give morning cardio a try. Perfrom a 30min speed walk on an empty stomach and sit back and see the reults. Good Luck.

SamB
11-20-2001, 06:13 AM
very nice progress.... well done

Tryska
11-20-2001, 06:46 AM
wow...you've got hella LBM.

anyways...you've done a great job so far...kudos to you!

ericg
11-20-2001, 07:12 AM
Very inspirational......

My gf wants to know where you got those red shoes!! But dont tell her she has waaaaaay to f'n many as is!! lol..typical

Awesome job.....looking very sexy

Wizard
11-20-2001, 07:26 AM
Well done.You give motivation to other people.
Try to do what Yates said (cardio) and perform 3-4 weight lifting sessions per week for 40-50min.Also,as the doc said,include some healthy fats in your diet plan.
You will have success,I'm sure.

reso
11-20-2001, 08:46 AM
Keep up the good work!!!!!!!

Celestial
11-20-2001, 11:02 AM
WOW everyone:) Thank you very much for the lovely comments! Make me keep on truckin! I can't wait to try it all and see the results!!!

Ercg- Tell her I got my boots at payless for $20:) hehe

Thanx again everyone!

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-20-2001, 11:30 AM
What's with the 'Morticia' look in pic 2 :)

excellent work btw.

Celestial
11-20-2001, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
What's with the 'Morticia' look in pic 2 :)

excellent work btw. Halloween party:)

CBates
11-20-2001, 06:41 PM
As far as what I did to lose the weight, I just Lifted weights for 45 min to 1 hour every morning and then before I went to sleep I'd do just some tone work outs, mostly for my abs. As far as the weights, I did bench, DB curls, squats, weighted crunches, and dead lift as my main focusing lifts, did a lot of various others also, but the ones I listed above are the ones that I concentrated the most on. A lot of people say you shouldn't lift heavy 6 days straight without taking a day off, but I do because of the fact that I got great results from it and plus I increase in strength. The only day I'd take off is Saturdays. About to start replacing 1 of those lifting days with some cardio though and do cardio Wed. and Sat. But as far as getting cut in the pic above, it all came from weight lifting and eating right, no cardio. Hope this helps a little.

CBates
11-20-2001, 06:43 PM
BTW, let me add that you did a great job in losing the weight and I'm really impressed. :thumbup:

El Kelio
11-21-2001, 11:21 AM
Congratulations.

Keep pumping ! ;)

Maki Riddington
11-21-2001, 11:29 AM
Amazing doesn't describe your progress. Well done!!!

Shankerr
11-22-2001, 11:33 AM
I think I'm going to have tog et you to talk to my girlfriend about the bodyfat vs. weight issue. Shes 6'3" tall, and just can't understand why she can't be 125 lbs :-):)