PDA

View Full Version : Weightlighting vs. Cardio (calorie burning)

Scooter
01-25-2005, 02:33 PM
How many calories will I burn weight lighting compared to doing cardio (in general terms)? From what I gather they're comparable.

Atomical
01-25-2005, 02:47 PM
About 100 calories a mile, a little more if you're heavy or doing hills.

Canadian Crippler
01-25-2005, 02:57 PM
They are not comparable.

Gutz981
01-26-2005, 09:26 AM
yeah man I'm trying to gain weight from lifting not lose it...cardio is pure cal. burn...as for lifting you try to stuff your face with everything that remotely has protein in it...canadian said it right they are not able to be compared...

Scooter
01-26-2005, 09:33 AM
I really mean at the time of the excerise how much in general do you burn? I know weightlifting you will eat a lot more calories, but I'm just saying when doing the exercise.

bonzaisushi
01-26-2005, 03:13 PM
alott of studys have shown that when you gain a lb of lean mass(muscle) it requires your body to burn 50 more calories a day to maintain it... just warm up a lil brisk walking, get that heart rate going then lift weights, but dont break more than 30 secs between sets, and use a circut system it keeps the heart rate up, and blood flown :thumbup:

AdmiralDan
01-26-2005, 03:29 PM
alott of studys have shown that when you gain a lb of lean mass(muscle) it requires your body to burn 50 more calories a day to maintain it... just warm up a lil brisk walking, get that heart rate going then lift weights, but dont break more than 30 secs between sets, and use a circut system it keeps the heart rate up, and blood flown :thumbup:

you don't have to keep your rest to 30 seconds, or do a circuit. if you are going for strength or mass, you may want to wait between 2-3 minutes between sets. find what works for you though