PDA

View Full Version : To buy, or not to buy!

thalakos84
01-26-2005, 09:36 AM
At a suggestion by Keith and some others, I'm posting my diet here. I eat lots of oatmeal, milk, eggs, whole wheat bread, natty pb&j, and various juices. I wish it could be avoided, but I eat a lot of Ramen too. I was just wondering how Nitrean could fit into my diet. I've read the prices. It's pretty cheap, but still, I'm poor. I just want to know if I do splurge and buy some Nirean, what am I getting. It says there are 70 servings of 30g. How many servings are in one recommended shake? How many grams of protein in that one shake? I need info if I'm going to make a purchase. Thanks.

P.S. What's a good natural source for magnesium?

AdmiralDan
01-26-2005, 10:14 AM
can you give us a typical day meal breakdown? it would make suggestions a bit easier

each shake will depend on your needs. some people like taking two servings at a time, some only take one. that is up to you. each reccommended serving has 24g protein. you can do the math depending on how many serving you use for your shake

Anthony
01-26-2005, 10:26 AM
Some math to help you out, prices are based on my memory/grocery bill.

1 scoop of nitrean (24g protein) = $0.56
6 eggs (24g protein) = $0.83
4oz extra lean ground beef (24g protein) = $1.04
3oz chicken breast (25g protein) = $1.25

How you use a scoop of powder is up to you. If you don't feel like eggs, have a scoop of protein. If you don't feel like a burger, have a scoop of protein. Just make the numbers work.

As for magnesium, check out: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=foods+that+contain+magnesium&meta= ;)

thalakos84
01-26-2005, 11:01 AM
An entire egg only contains 4g of protein? Damn! Thanks for the infor though. I think I might place an order later on tonight.

Anthony
01-26-2005, 11:16 AM
Oops, I made a mistake. A medium egg has about 6g of protein. Sorry about that. So eggs cost about the same as nitrean unless you order more than 1 tub at a time (less shipping decreases price).

Joe Black
01-26-2005, 12:43 PM
Nitrean iobviously has the advantages of being a mix of proteins and also extremely convenient.

Don't get me wrong, i base my protein intake around real food but also use nitrean and opticen on a daily basis for the aobve reasons.

Joe Black
01-26-2005, 12:43 PM
oh and damn tasty ;)

thalakos84
01-26-2005, 04:46 PM
Alright. I've been doing a little bit more product research. Should I opt for the Nitrean or the Opticen. I'm thinking if I get just the Nitrean, I can supp it with oatmeal for the carbs. Check my stats. I'm pretty small. Need more size. I know I'm the only one who can decide, but got any input?

Anthony
01-26-2005, 04:48 PM
I prefer the taste and texture of Nitrean, so there's my vote. :D

ryuage
01-26-2005, 04:52 PM
never tried opticen, but nitrean :thumbup:`

thalakos84
01-26-2005, 05:15 PM
There. I placed the order. Let's see if I become a member of this "Nitrean Cult". I'm a bit skeptical. Maybe if I wasn't so damn picky about food, I'd gain more weight. :bang:

chris mason
01-27-2005, 06:54 PM
The "Nitrean Cult"... :D

Tafman
01-27-2005, 07:59 PM
can someone explain this product? i currently buy whey in 10lb bags for 55 bucks. it has about 165 servings at 23 grams each.

if i use 3 scoops a day (half my protein intake) , it lasts me almost 8 weeks and comes out to a dollar a day.

thalakos84
01-31-2005, 08:20 PM
Chris, thank you for taking the time to personally thank me. That's good business. Shows you actually give a ****. I'll let you know in a week or so how it tastes and such.

ericg
02-01-2005, 06:35 AM
Personally I havent tasted any protein powders that are better. What blows me away though is how easy it mixes. You dont need a shaker, blender, but just a spoon :thumbup:

thalakos84
02-01-2005, 07:12 AM
Damn Gena! It does blend well. And evenly. As for the taste, I've still got to experiment. Do you guys do it cold? And water or milk? I've probably been putting too much water in. The taste hasn't been very strong.

chris mason
02-01-2005, 08:08 AM
For me, if I mix 1 scoop of Nitrean with about 6-8 oz. of water the flavor is just right. You might do just a little more than 1 scoop if you like a heavier flavor.

Yes, I do give a ****! :thumbup:

thalakos84
02-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Blargh! I was using about 16 oz of water. No wonder. Maybe I should read the directions next time. :redface:

Maki Riddington
02-01-2005, 06:27 PM
My vote is for Nitrean.

Optimum08
02-01-2005, 07:57 PM
yes i welcome any new members to the "Nitrean cult" haha...its high quality stuff man u won't be disappointed...

andy51
02-01-2005, 09:09 PM
You will like it. Go for it.

thalakos84
02-02-2005, 09:37 AM
Nooooooo! AtLarge Nutrition has its meat hooks in me! It's only been 2 days and my Nitrean is 1/4 gone. I'm addicted. The stuff tastes just like hot cocoa! I've been drinking it like mad. Hopefully it'll do more for me than just tickle my taste buds. I suspect within two weeks it will be gone. Doh!

ericg
02-02-2005, 11:29 AM
Nooooooo! AtLarge Nutrition has its meat hooks in me! It's only been 2 days and my Nitrean is 1/4 gone. I'm addicted. The stuff tastes just like hot cocoa! I've been drinking it like mad. Hopefully it'll do more for me than just tickle my taste buds. I suspect within two weeks it will be gone. Doh!

If you have been lifting heavy/hard, giving it 110%, have a solid routine, and a solid diet I am sure it will help put on some LBM for sure.

thalakos84
02-08-2005, 11:09 AM
It's been a week since I got my Nitrean. I have to say I'm hooked. I only hope I can afford my addiction. I've only got about 1/4 of a container left. Also, maybe this is just me, but I've noticed my bowel movements are firmer. Nice to not have to wipe so much. :D Here's the question though. Is there such a thing as relying too much on a protein powder for protein? I know I know, it's a supplement. But it's much cheaper and convenient for me to chug a shake than it is to fry up a chicken breast at work. I usually have one when I first wake up with my oatmeal, before lunch, after lunch, before dinner, and then just before bed. Too much?

chris mason
02-08-2005, 07:03 PM
Thanks for voicing your opinion! We really appreciate it.

Remember, spread the word everywhere!

SW
02-08-2005, 09:36 PM
Chris, thank you for taking the time to personally thank me. That's good business. Shows you actually give a ****. I'll let you know in a week or so how it tastes and such.

The personal thank you was very good, showing many positive qualities. I just got the creatine 500 in today for one of my friends and will report back on how he and the guy he's sharing it with like it. Should be nice. Good business Chris, and yes I will spread the word farther.

chris mason
02-09-2005, 09:29 AM
I personally thank every order (when possible, I miss a few) because I really am grateful that you are willing to spend your money with our company.

:thumbup:

thalakos84
02-09-2005, 10:13 AM
Well I'll probably be doing more business with you soon. I have only about two days left on my Nitrean. :( Damn I'm a glutton. So is too much Nitrean a bad thing? Or is there such a thing as too much powdered protein?

ericg
02-09-2005, 02:30 PM
Use it as a supplement. I would eat solid food any time that i can and save the nitrean for those times that you are in a bind, after a workout, 3am snack, etc.