PDA

View Full Version : First time cutting.

StarLeague
01-27-2005, 10:17 AM
Current diet.

Breakfast
1 scoop ON Protein shake 1gFat(F)/2gCarbs(C)/23gProtein(P)
5 eggs 25gP

11AM
1 can of sardines 6gF/6gC/18gP

Lunch - 1PM
1 Bowl of rice/3 Chicken Breast - N/A

Pre-workout
1 scoop of protein - 1gF/2gC/23gP
1 sardine - 6gF/6gC/18gP

Post-workout
1 1/2 scoops of protein - 1.5gF/3gC/34gP

Dinner
1 Bowl of rice/2 Chicken breast
5 eggs - 25gP

Supper
1 sardine - 6gF/6gC/18gP
1 chicken breast

Total carbs = 25G (excluding rice/cooking oil/3 chicken breasts)
Total fat = 17.5G (excluding rice/cooking oil/3 chicken breasts)
Total protein= 184G(exluding rice/cooking oil/3 chicken breasts)

I eat medium sized chicken breast(approximately 7" long, 3.5" wide) and a medium scoop of rice with some 1/2 bowl of vegetables. I can't get the information on how much carbs/fats/protein rice and chicken has. I tried fitday.com but I really didn't know what to do there.

**Anyone have any idea how much nutrients is in the rice/chicken?**

Current workout routine : WBB1
Height - 5 11"
Weight - 77KG
Bodyfat:24%

Calories burned on cardio:200
Calories burned working out:N/A
Calories burnt for daily body consumption:1900

----------------------------------------------------------------
(1)

Assuming I eat this diet daily, is it good enough to help me to lose some of my BF%? I read a few articles on the food that a bodybuilder eats and I'm thinking this fits in well.

(2)

Do I need to increase the reps (from 8 to 10) and lower the weights 20% ? I read this somewhere. Can I continue with WBB1 when cutting?

(3)

Would it be advisable for me to take any fat burning supplements? I've got a little problem with my stomach.

If you have anything else to comment about your first cut, please do comment. Btw whats HIIT? I've read a few things associated with it and amazing progress and cutting.

This is one of my new years resolutions and I would greatly appreciate any help given here. I also plan to start a journal ; )

Thanks in advance,
Amos

Tafman
01-27-2005, 10:23 AM
if u need a good fat burner-
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=52110&page=1&pp=25

StarLeague
01-27-2005, 10:56 AM
Tafman : I'm afraid they don't sell it here. And the shipping and other costs shipping it to Malaysia would bankrupt me.

Manveet
01-27-2005, 12:29 PM
(1) Considering your current body fat level, you can lose an appreciable amount of body fat following that diet. However, with that said there will come a time when your progress will come to a grinding halt. At that point, you might want to look into some other dieting techniques and principles. Search for the terms "refeed" "leptin" "carb cycling" For more dieting information read some of the articles over on www.bodyrecomposition.com The forums are also full of great information.

(2) 8-10 reps sounds perfectly fine, however you need to remember that you will lose *some* strength while dieting. On a bad diet, you will lose a ****load of strength, on a good diet, not so much.

(3) Considering your current bodyfat level, and the amount you propose to eat, you do not need a thermogenic right now.

Overall, your diet looks fine for now (maybe a little low in calories though). However, I would be careful about cutting too many calories too quickly. I know you want results fast, but cutting calories too quickly will result in disaster. You will probably end up losing a lot more muslce mass, than fat.

AdmiralDan
01-27-2005, 12:36 PM
manveet is right. listen to him. also, it is fine to continue wbb1 while cutting

StarLeague
01-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Thanks manveet and AdmiralDan.

How much carbs and protein does chicken breast have?

Whats a good clean way to eat a little more calories? More chicken?

Manveet
01-27-2005, 10:07 PM
Thanks manveet and AdmiralDan.

How much carbs and protein does chicken breast have?

Whats a good clean way to eat a little more calories? More chicken?

A 4oz piece of chicken will usually have between 26-30g protein. Carbs would be negligible.

check out this free site in order to track calories www.fitday.com

If you need more calories, just eat more of the same foods.

StarLeague
01-28-2005, 12:26 AM
Thanks Manveet

Okay, so I'm adjusting my planned diet per day t0 :

Total protein (200g) x 4 = 800cals
Total carbs (150g) x 4 = 600cals
Total fats (50g) x 9 = 450cals

Total cals=1850

Total cals burnt per day(metabolism):1900
Total cals burnt working out:approx 200 (Is this a fair amount)
Total cals burnt on cardio:~120 (4 days a week)

This would a calorie deficit of 370/day. Would that be alright? This is the first time I'm cutting and I don't want to lose the muscle that I've gained over the past year.
Thanks very much guys.

Manveet
01-28-2005, 12:53 PM
The defecit is fine.

But 1900 cals for maintainence seems low for a male your size.

gino
01-28-2005, 01:00 PM
Yeah, I'd think it was about 500 higher than that.

StarLeague
01-28-2005, 11:52 PM
Manveet:How much do you think it should be ? 2100 cals?