PDA

View Full Version : Dorian Yates' meal plan...

Butcherman
01-27-2005, 08:20 PM
I was going through my older workout magazines and came across
a nutrition article featuring Dorian Yates' meal plan. If I might,
I'll put it up for anybody who's curious.
As Follows:

7-8 am Porridge made with one cup of oatmeal ( complex carbs), ten
egg whites ( protein) and one scoop of protein powder, blended and cooked.

9-10 am Meal replacement drink.

11am Training

12pm Post workout carb drink.

1pm lunch Two chicken breasts, potatoes or rice and a green vegetable.

3:30 pm Protein shake or meal replacement drink.

5:30 pm (dinner) 12 oz filet mignon, potatoes or rice and a green vegetable.

8-9 pm A small serving of porridge made with one half cup of oatmeal,
six egg whites and one half scoop of protein powder.

smalls
01-27-2005, 08:27 PM
Most articles have ghost writers or just come up with routines, diets etc, that may or may not be the pro's actual routine or diet.

There is no way dorian became the monster he was on something like that, so i'm assuming that's his cutting diet.

Vido
01-27-2005, 08:31 PM
Most articles have ghost writers or just come up with routines, diets etc, that may or may not be the pro's actual routine or diet.

:withstupi, except I'd say with more certainty that there is no way that is his diet.

Butcherman
01-27-2005, 08:48 PM
Maybe you're right. After seriously looking at it, it sure doesn't seem
like much of a diet at all, especially for someone of his size.
I watched the Ronnie Coleman workout video and the guy eats like a horse
all the time.
Maybe it was a ghostwriter.
Anyways, the article is called ' Ask Dorian' from an older 2003 magazine.

Flexx
01-27-2005, 09:03 PM
Ghost writers won't write a pro's diet or their training routine, they will on the other hand write all the other sh*t so I'm assuming thats Dorians cutting phase

Manveet
01-27-2005, 10:15 PM
:withstupi, except I'd say with more certainty that there is no way that is his diet.

Are you sure? I thought all the pro's ate somewhere between 2000-3000 cals for bulking. :rolleyes:

Flexx
01-27-2005, 10:20 PM
Are you sure? I thought all the pro's ate somewhere between 2000-3000 cals for bulking. :rolleyes:
A pro will eat anywhere from 7000 to 10,000 cals a day for bulking( I'm currently eating between 6000 to 8000 cals a day for bulking)

bill
01-27-2005, 10:28 PM
How can you afford that amount of food lol. and how can you stomach it?

smalls
01-27-2005, 10:47 PM
A pro will eat anywhere from 7000 to 10,000 cals a day for bulking( I'm currently eating between 6000 to 8000 cals a day for bulking)

LOL, he was kidding. I eat 6000 cals a day and i'm much much smaller than you. Just depends on the individual.

Vido
01-27-2005, 10:50 PM
Ghost writers won't write a pro's diet or their training routine

Yes they do :hello:

Double D
01-27-2005, 11:18 PM
i remember seeing that article as well. i found it extremely useful as a template for how to divide the meals up and base my diet on that still. I dont howver agree that thats what he eats, obv he eats more. I think it was just a sample of a bulking diet for someone that weighed 200 ibs, maybe less im not sure, and in the copy i have he had a sample of a cut diet as well.

Tafman
01-27-2005, 11:32 PM
i wonder how his first meal tastes like? might have to try it. doesnt porridge require honey in it? lol

Vido
01-27-2005, 11:49 PM
i wonder how his first meal tastes like? might have to try it. doesnt porridge require honey in it? lol

Oats mixed with protein powder is delicious.

And no, you don't need honey.

emjlr3
01-28-2005, 06:22 AM
porridge, rofl ive never actually heard fo anyone eating that, is it good?

Butcherman
01-28-2005, 08:58 AM
In the article, Dorian didn't really specify whether it was
a cutting meal plan or not but went on to state...

" The chart details my typical day of meals- designed to maximize
protein intake and trigger gains in lean body mass..."

" I've done considerable resaerch on how to blend fast and slow acting
proteins into my meal plan to trigger growth."

" Don't go too low on carbs or your body will be forced to recruit protein
for energy during workouts."

Vido
01-28-2005, 10:47 AM
porridge, rofl ive never actually heard fo anyone eating that, is it good?

Isn't "porridge" just oats cooked on the stove in some water?

Double D
01-28-2005, 03:02 PM
Isn't "porridge" just oats cooked on the stove in some water?

ya, as far as i know porridge is just cooked oatmeal. Tastes delicious :thumbup:

POPS
01-28-2005, 03:14 PM
I eat that much when cutting

Mr. ?
01-28-2005, 04:23 PM
LOL, he was kidding. I eat 6000 cals a day and i'm much much smaller than you. Just depends on the individual.

Could you please list an example day of what you eat for your meals? I am needing to eat more calories but with the foods I am currently eating I don't think I can pack much more in. I consume about 3500 calories a day. May I need to eat different foods with greater calories. Maybe you can list some of what you eat.

bill
01-28-2005, 04:38 PM
I have Dorian's Blood and Guts book, and his diet for a typical day is much more than that. Typical off season day, 5,500 calories per day.

Tafman
01-28-2005, 04:41 PM
oats and water in a bowl and hot water on medium in the microwave and a shake is usually my breakfast. 30 mins later its 8 egg whites and 2eggs. i didnt really like the oats when the whey was mixed in it.

smalls
01-29-2005, 01:20 AM
Could you please list an example day of what you eat for your meals? I am needing to eat more calories but with the foods I am currently eating I don't think I can pack much more in. I consume about 3500 calories a day. May I need to eat different foods with greater calories. Maybe you can list some of what you eat.

It's funny that you ask me specifically cuz when I graduated high school I looked VERY similar to you. Congrats on your progress you are doing much better than I did until I learned the importance of diet (it took my dumbass more than a year to really get that into my head)

Usually I get two weightgain shakes (cytogainer) with 2.5 cups of milk.
Two meals are 1 can of tuna+1 ww bagel with cream cheese+3 cups skim milk
1 or 2 meals are turkey sandwich with ww bread 1/4lb turkey+two slices cheese+3 cups skim milk.
I eat out maybe once a day, usually subway footlong, or chicken sandwich somewhere.
2+protein shakes with 3 cups of milk+triscuits or ww bread or fruit etc.

Give or take.

There are better options to get more cals that are less filling, my gut is distended all day and i'm constantly full to the point of pain. If you have a hard time eating enough you could drink 2% or chocolate milk (i'm a fan of chocolate milk) I often eat granola bars too. The weightgain shakes help get cals that are easy fast and not so filling but are certainly not necassary. Counting calories is a must for people like us, if your not gaining eat more calories. You probably dont need to worry about getting quite as much protein as I do since I use anabolics and they increase protien synthesis, but it wont hurt to get as much as possible.
This post is written horribly and is all over the place so if you have any questions just ask. I think once you hit 175 you'll want more, but that is a very good goal, post pics when you get there. Happy growing bro.