PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Lose The Man Boobs and Build Muscle!! (pics)

Triger
01-28-2005, 02:37 PM
Im 6'4", weight 188 lbs- 15-17% bf. Im turning 17 in two months.

Two years ago, I was obese and got into an intesive diet , in which I lost about 30-35 lbs.

*PICS* http://photobucket.com/albums/v645/TrigerMN/

Now, I look skinny. But still manage to have a man boobs and my stomach is soft as hell..

I practice basketball mon-thursday for 2 hours a day and lift for 1:30 hrs mon-thursday.

My goal is basically: lose man boobs, get firm stomach, lose bf% and gain muscle mass.

My question now, is what to do? what diet should I take?

I've been lifting for only 3 months and I've been told creatine will make me gain muscle mass.

My current diet is protein shake in the morning and 2 eggs in the morning, skinless chicken with spinach for meal and fiber cereal for dinner.

Im tired of going to the beach and not be able to take off my shirt. Its really embarrassing going to a pool and what not

Im farely new at this, please help me out guys.

*PICS* http://photobucket.com/albums/v645/TrigerMN/

AdmiralDan
01-28-2005, 02:59 PM
to start with, your diet sounds pretty crappy. read the sticky about what a bodybuilder eats in diet and nutrition. eat those types of food making sure to eat at least 1g of protein for each pound of bodyweight. as far as lifting, you should get a routine. i suggest wbb1. now you can't spot reduce. in order to eliminate your man boobies, you need to get some chest muscle(taken care of by lifting) and lose overall bodyfat. to do this, find your maintainence calorie number and deduct 500. that is how many calories you should be taking in(remember to get enough protein). you should also add cardio 4-5 days a week for 20-30 minutes to start. you don't need any kind of supplements. especially as a beginner, there is nothing you need. you may want to take a multivitamin, and mabye a protein powder(but try to get enough protein from whole food). you should wait until your body is more developed and you know more before you start taking anything else

BIGERIC
01-28-2005, 03:10 PM
If I were in your situation I would definitely put on some mass. In my chest routine I would stick with incline bench and flyes and stay away from flat bench. This will build up your upper chest and an hopefully make your chest look flatter. If you concentrate on flat bench then this will push them out and make them appear larger.

Tafman
01-28-2005, 03:18 PM
for your height and weight, you dont eat nearly enough. also u work out 4 days a week for 90 mins?? are u overtraining? or sleeping in between sets? lol u should do WBB 1, 3 lifting workouts a week at about 45 minutes each time.

Triger
01-28-2005, 03:29 PM
I do 1 hour on my routine and about 20 minutes combined on bike and abs.

Tafman
01-28-2005, 03:38 PM
whats the ab routine like?

snowster900
01-28-2005, 03:43 PM
I dont think you have to make your workout 45 minutes my workouts take a while.. im doing WBB1 and it takes probably an hour to do it and than another 10 min of abs, weighted declien and leg raises

Triger
01-28-2005, 03:48 PM
I do 2 sets of 40:
basic crunches
side crunches

and 2 sets of 30 of decline crunches

Saint Patrick
01-28-2005, 03:50 PM
What does the rest of your routine look like (back, legs, etc)?

Triger
01-28-2005, 04:15 PM
legs: squats, presses, curls, extensions and calf raises.
shoulders: behind neck press and reverse flyes
back: seated lat row, pulley rows, dummbell rows, wide grip pull downs.
chest: decline press, incline press, peck deck, flat press (should I stop doing it?)

Beast
01-28-2005, 06:30 PM
I don't think you will be able to lose those man-boobs, even if you leaned out... you might have to get surgery.

Triger
01-28-2005, 07:08 PM
so for diet should I cut even tho i'm underweight?

AdmiralDan
01-28-2005, 07:30 PM
i would say bulk first, then cut

Gabrielle
01-29-2005, 12:11 AM
keep working hard..and the results will come...stay the same weight and slowly but surely you will gain some mass and lose some fat..good luck

Triger
01-29-2005, 02:01 AM
surgery will be my last resort. I want to drop my bodyfat to at least 8-10% before I think about surgery.

AdmiralDan
01-29-2005, 07:05 AM
you shouldn't even think of surgery. if you build some decent mass and then cut, you will no longer have your man boobs

ryuage
01-29-2005, 10:07 AM
and if he has gyno how will cutting bodyfat get rid of it?

Triger
01-29-2005, 10:58 AM
yeah, thats why i want to drop bf first. If they dont go away then i will think about surgery. I cant know if i have gyno if i never drop the bf% . I just weighted right now, 186lbs- 17% bf

galileo
01-29-2005, 11:19 AM
I would say that you have true gyno, but definitely get down to a comfortable place before considering surgery.

ralbie
01-29-2005, 12:46 PM
Triger, i just happen have man boobs too back in the day..., i no longer have them and alls it took was motivation to lift and run, Work on your chest the most, eat right and workout 5 days a week or so, also do alot of cardio, maybe like 30 minutes on the bike and run for about 15-20 min. everyday. Thats exactly what i did to get rid of mine. It took me about maybe 4 months to completley get rid of it. I mean i still got some but, they are definatley disappearing.....

Majestic
01-29-2005, 06:03 PM
You look too soft right now.

If you get your bodyfat down, you'll get to a point where your nips aren't a big deal while beneath an undershirt and a regular shirt, let alone a button-down or a sweater. I know I start to have issues when I get to a point where I can only barely see my top row of abs.

You'll probably never be one of those chumps who wears those male "torso-socks" while out clubbing, but that shouldn't be an issue. Girls are into the Ocean's Eleven button-down look now anyway, which is very forgiving for people with gyno issues.

Beast
01-29-2005, 06:37 PM
and if he has gyno how will cutting bodyfat get rid of it?
No, it wouldn't. The glands are swollen.

MrWebb78
01-29-2005, 06:39 PM
You look too soft right now.

If you get your bodyfat down, you'll get to a point where your nips aren't a big deal while beneath an undershirt and a regular shirt, let alone a button-down or a sweater. I know I start to have issues when I get to a point where I can only barely see my top row of abs.

You'll probably never be one of those chumps who wears those male "torso-socks" while out clubbing, but that shouldn't be an issue. Girls are into the Ocean's Eleven button-down look now anyway, which is very forgiving for people with gyno issues.

yeah but this is false advertising. like girls with form fitting clothes or push up bras. then when you get them home and they take it all off you wonder who the hell youve brought home. very disappointing end to a night full of promises.