PDA

View Full Version : High fat=more testosterone?

mike107
01-28-2005, 06:30 PM
I've been reading this book, and it suggests eating a fairly high fat diet (33%), and sometimes up 40% of calories to increase testosterone. Of course this is mostly polysaturated and monosaturated fat, but still, is this unhealthy? And do you really need that much fat in your diet to crank up your testosterone? I understand that a fair amount of fat is needed to produce testosterone, but how much would you guys say is too much, or how much do you think would do the job? I mean, all the fat you eat can't ALL go towards making testosterone, so what happens to the rest; does it get stored as bodyfat, just used as energy or what? I guess what I'm asking is what purpose would excess fat in your diet serve? How would say a 35-40% fat diet differ from a 25-30% fat diet (if you were still eating the same much total calories/day). Would the prior make you fatter or would it make no difference since you are still eating the same much calories? I would like to hear your guys' take on this subject, and explain what you think would be a good % of fat to eat, in regards of increasing testosterone, muscular development, and overall health.

Vido
01-28-2005, 06:38 PM
If you're eating within your caloric limits dietary fat will not make you fat.

I have no idea how much is needed for optimal testosterone production...I would think 25-30% of your diet from fat is sufficient.