PDA

View Full Version : Diet Coke

CanadianBad
01-29-2005, 03:27 PM
Or Pepsi for that matter...

Just how much better for you is it. I mean calories wise its unreal the difference, but is aspartame that bad for you. I mean I hate to embarass myself asking for a diet all the time if its not even worth it.

All that aside, i think diet tastes better and I will proboly end up drinking it.

Anyone here drink it?

smalls
01-29-2005, 03:44 PM
Sometimes when I diet I drink diet mt dew. The debate against aspartame has been going for quite a while and there really is no definitive answer. I dont think you should worry about it in the slightest, but that's just my opinion.

Vido
01-29-2005, 03:54 PM
Sometimes when I diet I drink diet mt dew. The debate against aspartame has been going for quite a while and there really is no definitive answer. I dont think you should worry about it in the slightest, but that's just my opinion.

I've also began incorporating the occasional diet pop in my cutting regimen. I find it works quite well to curb some of the hunger pangs, as it gives your sweet tooth something to enjoy. I also find a can of pop to be quite filling, but that's just me.

As for aspartame and other artificial sweeteners my advice is just simply everything in moderation.

Optimum08
01-29-2005, 04:26 PM
:withstupi.....if everyone knew how to have stuff in moderation America would not be the fattest country ever....but as long as aspartame is in moderation i don't think it should cause problems...i must say im a sucker for a can/bottle of diet coke with lime every once in a while...i only drink diet stuff...and that tastes too sweet for me sometimes....

dissipate
01-30-2005, 02:40 AM
i switched over to diet coke 3 years ago and prefer its taste... helps to satisfy my sweet tooth too like vido. sugary things just make me feel sick now. some people around me go on about aspartame and how bad it actually is but there's nothing solid against it right now so i think as should be fine especially since i take maybe only a sip of diet coke a day.

Triger
01-30-2005, 03:11 AM
I use to drink regular coke for a LONG time. I switched about 3 months ago and now I cant stand the taste of coke or anything that has that much sugar on a drink.

BigRic
01-30-2005, 03:48 AM
Once you start going around 4 cans a day you should start worrying about aspartame poisoning.

Roark
01-30-2005, 08:43 AM
i switched to diet about 2 years ago, now i can't even stomach a regular soda due to all the sugar.

it's defnitely worth the change due to the amount of sugar in regular sodas.

after a while you won't feel like such a girly-man ordering diet. you just gotta order it with confidence!!! hahaha

truest
02-08-2005, 07:33 AM
i drink dr pepper often i guess

Beavereater
02-08-2005, 07:43 AM
Once you start going around 4 cans a day you should start worrying about aspartame poisoning.

Never heard of aspartame poisoning until you mentioned it...I looked it up, but I'm not sure what to say. I've been drinking 2 liters a day (Well 5 days of the week) for forever, along with about 6 liters of water...never had any of the side effects of aspartame poisoning.

gino
02-08-2005, 08:42 AM
I like diet pepsi better, but regardless, don't worry about having one a day.

My favorite diet cola ever is diet dr pepper. That stuff is so fricken good. I have one every other day or so. I'd drink more, but I have 2 cups of coffee every day, so I don't want to overdo the caffeine intake.(more than I already do)

Vapour Trails
02-08-2005, 09:17 AM
Never heard of aspartame poisoning until you mentioned it...I looked it up, but I'm not sure what to say. I've been drinking 2 liters a day (Well 5 days of the week) for forever, along with about 6 liters of water...never had any of the side effects of aspartame poisoning.

That's because aspartame poisoning is a fictional condition.

Aspartame has been in use for 20+ years and consumed by billions, yet people still maintain it's harmful. So where are all these sick people?

pytron
02-08-2005, 09:52 AM
I am a convert to diet soda. I have been that way for about 6 years now. I converted because I was getting a soda-belly due to all-you-can-drink free soda at work. The only thing to watch out for with diet soda (or any soda, really) is your teeth. The acids in there are pretty good at dissolving stuff. I flush my mouth out with some plain water after drinking a soda, to try to wash it down.

truest
02-08-2005, 06:56 PM
sorry i meant diet dr pepper not regular...diet tastes exactly the same

echo85
02-20-2005, 09:57 AM
A study was done a few years ago inwhich hamsters were fed the equivalent of 1000 cans of diet pop worth of aspartame each day. There were no notable side effects because aspartame is just a harmless protein.

thajeepster
02-20-2005, 11:25 AM
I drink diet rite soda, its sweetened with splenda, no cals, no sodium and no caffeine. And it tastes great, I probobly go through a 2 liter ever 3-4 days.

Shao-LiN
02-20-2005, 03:17 PM
Or Pepsi for that matter...

Just how much better for you is it. I mean calories wise its unreal the difference, but is aspartame that bad for you. I mean I hate to embarass myself asking for a diet all the time if its not even worth it.

All that aside, i think diet tastes better and I will proboly end up drinking it.

Anyone here drink it?

0 calories vs. all sugar calories in non-diet. As long as it is in moderation, I wouldn't worry about it. But drinking soda quite regularly through the day isn't the healthiest thing I'd imagine...diet or non-diet.

Optimum08
02-20-2005, 03:22 PM
try to limit soda consumption...but im a BIG fan of the diet coke with lime....wow when i drink soda...that is the soda to have.

betastas
02-20-2005, 03:56 PM
A study was done a few years ago inwhich hamsters were fed the equivalent of 1000 cans of diet pop worth of aspartame each day. There were no notable side effects because aspartame is just a harmless protein.

I remember that study, and I think it was done on rats (semantics). I believe that it was the American Cancer Society that ran that study to check for it. Here's a little link that has some basic information on it.
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/PED/content/PED_1_3X_Aspartame.asp?sitearea=PED

The bottom line is that if it doesn't cause you headaches, indigestion or any other symptoms, you're probably safe to drink it. In this day and age, I would be more worried about the air I breathe than the aspartame in a pop.