PDA

View Full Version : Vegetables.....what's the point....

Ironrelic
01-29-2005, 06:37 PM
I don't have a prob. with fruit; re the other post...it's great as is or blended in with a protein shake etc. It's the veggies that just don't do anything for me & yeah, I know, vitamins etc. But other than cooked carrots or bell peppers, potatoes, everything else just has all the appeal of :omg: crap :omg: to me; peas, corn, greenbeans-canned or fresh. Goes to prove again, it's the diet that is the toughest part of pumping iron.

smalls
01-29-2005, 06:45 PM
I actually like most veggies. That being said I havent bought vegatables in probably 2-3 years. (too much space in my belly where real calories could go) I get em when I eat out and try to get more when I diet, that's about it. Overall diet is the most important part, veggies sure arent IMO.

getfit
01-29-2005, 06:46 PM
i love my veggies no matter what! and eat a good amount!

Collegekid
01-29-2005, 06:49 PM
I actually really like most vegetables. cauliflower especially, as weird as that sounds. I think of them as serving more of a qualitative function, since they are loaded with fiber. Fiber is important whether you're trying to gain weight OR lose weight. Keeps your system clean. Also, since they have a low GI they can be a good way to add a few calories to your meal without adding any bad carbs.

Plus, they can add taste to any meal. If you're having rice, chop up some onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes and mix em in.

Vido
01-29-2005, 06:50 PM
That being said I havent bought vegatables in probably 2-3 years. (too much space in my belly where real calories could go)

Same, I haven't bought them in a couple of years either. I will eat them if I'm at home if they're cooked for me, but if I'm making my own food, forget it.

My reasoning is one of cost, more than their satiety effects. I'm on a limited budget and I'd much rather spend that money on calorically dense foods than veggies.

smalls
01-29-2005, 07:07 PM
Same, I haven't bought them in a couple of years either. I will eat them if I'm at home if they're cooked for me, but if I'm making my own food, forget it.

My reasoning is one of cost, more than their satiety effects. I'm on a limited budget and I'd much rather spend that money on calorically dense foods than veggies.

Good point, i only buy like 6 things in the grocery store, and I know when they are on sale. Veggies dont belong on my list.

Collegekid, I agree but I usually get well over 50grams of fiber a day without a single fruit or vegetable. I also like cauliflower either raw, or cooked with alfredo sauce (now that's home cookin) lol.

fixationdarknes
01-29-2005, 09:35 PM
I heard that you burn more calories by eating celery than the amount of calories that celery actually has. But it's probably only like 2 calories or something.

waynis
01-29-2005, 10:01 PM
rich in anti oxidants, vitamins, minerals, fiber. I'd say they are a necessity. As a kid I never ate veggies but since I decided to go clean I don't mind eating them anymore. Put some olive oil on top and your good to go. Put raw brocolli or cauliflower in a salad and cover up the taste with the dressing.

Tafman
01-29-2005, 10:02 PM
i like all veggies,. only ones i dont like are peppers. i eat baby carrots like m&m's and tomatos (fruit really) like apples.