PDA

View Full Version : Hard boiled egg whites vs cooked...

Ironrelic
01-30-2005, 09:37 AM
...like in an egg white omlette. Any difference in nutrition, protein etc? Getting kind of tired of separating the yolks, the cleanup to prevent salmonelia (sp?). Sounds like it'd be easier to just boil 'em & eat them that way now & then, but would I be losing nutritional value? Thx.

Collegekid
01-30-2005, 11:54 AM
an egg white is an egg white. why don't you just buy egg-white substitute (like Egg beaters or one of the cheaper versions)...it's like having the egg white already separated out for you and all you have to do is cook it.

Tafman
01-30-2005, 02:28 PM
just boil them and seperate, its really easy to do. also i think eating boiled whites is faster and tastier then cooked etc.

manowar669
01-30-2005, 03:51 PM
I eat them hard boiled all the time. Usually 6-9 at time. I boil 18 at once, and there's virtually no cleanup. I stick them right back in the cardboard thingie you buy them in. Portable too (hell you could even carry them in your pocket, just might look like your growing an extra set of cajones). For an added snack, sprinkle some Mrs. Dash, or Emeril's essence on a paper towel or something, and dab the whites on the seasoning as your eating them.