PDA

View Full Version : Never Never Never Quit!

skinnyguy2005
01-30-2005, 02:25 PM
Hey Guys Let me tell you my story.

I am 24 year old 6ft and weigh only 138Lb. I started lifting last year February and atthat time I weighed about 114.5! ( I was so skinny that I could not find anybody skinny like me) When I started lifting and eating right I manged to gain about 30 punds in about 5 Months, First 2 Months was rapid weaght gain about 10 pounds per month and it slowed down.

The first time I lifted weight I could do only 40 Pounds of Bench
40 Pounds Squat
20 Pounds Bicep Curl

after 5 months I could do
80 Pounds of Bench Presh
70 Pounds Squat
40 Pounds Bicep Curl

Is this normal or should I be able to do more ?

after 6 months I stopped ganing weight I think I hit the pleatue. I slowly quit working out regularly and then stopped eating breakfast cause when ever I woke up I was hurry to go to work, and at work I would be so busy that I would not have time to eat. I would eat only 2 times a day.

after 6 months I was 128 pounds!

Now again I went back to my strick eating havit, and manged to Gain 10 pounds in a 1 Month.

I can Bench Presh 80 Pounds
Squat 60 pounds ( Cause I started after so many months)
Bicep Curl - 40 Pounds

Is this normal or shouild I be able to do more ?

Now my goal is to be 200 Pounds be the end of this year. Do you think thats too ambitious ?

No matter what I need to be atleast 175 to look good.

briancurran01
01-30-2005, 03:05 PM
you need to concentrate on sticking to it...working for a while then quitting when you hit a plateau isnt going to do jack for you.

Right now i weigh 225 when i started i weighed 275 and was an out of shape wreck. Sticking to my plans and not giving up got me to where i am.

That is what you need to do make a plan and stick to it.

dont worry about weights...just push yourself as hard as phycisally possible.

and if you plateau change things up in your routine but DONT STOP OR GIVE UP!!!

good luck

Canadian Crippler
01-30-2005, 03:23 PM
Going up 40lbs on your bench in 5 months is good progress. Some of that (maybe most) is probably newbie gains, but the progress is still notable.

One thing that doesn't seem right is how you went up more on bench than squat. Your squat should have gained to over 105lbs in comparison to where your bench gains. It's probably a problem in your routine, have you trieed WBB#1 routine? It's on wannabebig's main website.

You haven't hit a plateau yet, it wouldn't make sense. Up your caloric intake until you gain weight, that's all there is to it. Updating this journal will give you some extra motivation aswell. Good luck :)

orbital
01-30-2005, 06:11 PM
Don't worry about if your lifts are good for your size or whatever. Just concentrate on eating tons, lifting, and getting a good enough sleep. Good luck in your goals.

skinnyguy2005
01-30-2005, 07:25 PM
Today is my Resting day. I woke up at 1:30pm I eat 2 Whole Wheat bread and 1 Galss of Whey Protien mixed with Whole Milk. Then after three hours I ate 1 Protien Bar and 1 Ensure Plus 350 Calories. Now I have ordered a Honey Dijon Chicken with Red Beans and Fries from CHeedars. I am going to Eat the Chicken Brast and lil bit of Beans and Fries. Then Drink The Esnure 350 Calories.

Then I might Eat Rice with something ( I cannot eat rice with Big Chicken breast I dont have that apitite) I might not eat this meal as well cause I dont have that big of an apitite. If I did eat I will also drink 1 350 Ensure Plus

Then Befoer I go to bed I will Drink 1 Glass of Whey Protien. I will probably go to bed around 2Am and wake up after 8 hours.

Do You think I am doing right. My schedule is messed up.

orbital
01-30-2005, 08:02 PM
Doesn't look like many calories to me. But you need to ease yourself into eating big. By big I don't mean massive meals. I mean eating moderate portions high in protein every 2 or 3 hours of your waking day. That should ensure that you are getting at least 6 meals in a day. Get on a good routine, WBB 1 for example and gauge your weight each week.

Weigh yourself at the same time of day to ensure accuracy. If you are gaining a pound or so each week then your diet is working. If you are losing weight or stagnating then your diet needs improvements. You can add high calories snacks like nuts or natural peanut butter to ensure you get those calories in. If you have any questions about what to eat head over to the diet section of these forums.

skinnyguy2005
01-31-2005, 05:32 PM
Today I woke up at 12 PM and then eat two slice of Bread with Peanuts and then a glass of Whey Protien.

I was so busy at work that I gotta chance to eat at around 4:30 I eat 1 Chicken Breast and 1 ensure plus 350 Calories.

Now at 6:30 PM I am trying to eat Zone Perfect and A glass of Ensure Plus.

Do u think I am eating right ? I dont eat real food, I mostly eat Zone Perfect and Whey Protien and Ensure Plus.

Today I have to do Sqat, but Its very hard to lift it from my bench. I put it on the couh and try to lift it, is there a better way to put the bar on your shoulder ?

-TIM-
01-31-2005, 05:44 PM
Your squat should have gained to over 105lbs in comparison to where your bench gains. It's probably a problem in your routine,
That's not true. There's no specific formula for determining where you should be with your lifts.

Welcome to the forum SG05. I would say 200 lbs by '06 is unrealistic. But don't get discouraged, nobody puts on a healthy 75 lbs in a year. 25 lbs would be much more reasonable. And that's still a lot of weight. Good luck bro!

orbital
01-31-2005, 10:20 PM
Today I have to do Sqat, but Its very hard to lift it from my bench. I put it on the couh and try to lift it, is there a better way to put the bar on your shoulder ?

Doing legs at home is tough. If you don't have a spotter I would suggest not doing a regular squat as it can be dangerous. Try hack squats. Barbell is behind your legs and then just lift the weight with the same motion and form as if you were doing a regular squat. Much safer.

orbital
01-31-2005, 10:22 PM
I would also suggest that you post each workout here in your journal to track your progress and get advice from others.

andy51
01-31-2005, 10:48 PM
Good luck. Just stick to your goals and you will be amazed at your achievements. Post your workouts here so that people can give you advice and help you improve.

skinnyguy2005
02-04-2005, 08:24 PM
Today I did my upper body workout, Chest, Bicep and arms.
I started with 80LB on my Bench Press, Was able to do three reps then I lowered it to 70. This week I increased 10 Lb.
Then I tried to do 60Lb on the Bicep curl and I could hardly lift it. Then I reduced 10 Pounds and was able to do 3 reps and then Lowered 10 Pounds and was able to complete my sets.

Then for the triceps I tried 50 was able to do only 1 rep then went back to 40 and 30.

Am I doing right thing ? I first do high weight and then reduce it. I want to get huge so I heard that to build muslce mass this is the best way to go, lift as much as u can.

Well, I have seen some noticible changes though. The pants that got loose now fits me. I am 31.75 in my waist, 15 neck, 11.5 in my upper arms, 36 on my chest,

I used to be 27 in my waist, 14 neck, 9.5 arm and 33 chest. I was super skinny.

I am some pics posted, guys check it out and please comment.

skinnyguy2005
02-04-2005, 08:33 PM
One thing I forgot to mention, todays Diet,

After workout I drank Carbo Force, after one hour I am going to eat, Turkey and Rice and then drink 1 ensure plus. Or should I eat Chicken Breast ? Which is better ?

orbital
02-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Nice work with the bench increase, pics aren't that bad bro. I know I was skinnier than that when I started.