PDA

View Full Version : Getting Cut???

meister
01-30-2005, 03:40 PM
Hey Guys I am 5'11", around 175-180lbs, i think I would be around 20% body fat and I am looking to get CUT (men's health cover model style). Looking for around 10% or lower body fat, some muscle and defintion.

I know I probally can't do it all at once, and my goal for right now would be to lose the fat and reduce my BF %....once that is done I can put on some muscle i guess

I gain fat REALLY EASY.

What supplements should I be looking at?
What meal replacements should I be looking at?
What workout routine should I be doing?
How often should I be doing cardio?
What diet should I be on?

Any other advice, tips, tricks, etc.

I am already trying my hardest to eat well, and I know that is important.

getfit
01-30-2005, 03:44 PM
how is your diet right now? can you post your diet so we can see how it's like :)

meister
01-30-2005, 03:59 PM
I will try to post my diet, but being a student it varies but this is what I try to stick with

Meal 1 - Bowl of Fibre 1 Cereal and a large glass of OJ
Snack 1 - Carrots and Water
Lunch - Either a Labrada Lean Body Shake or Lean Turkey on WW Wrap with Mustard
Snack 2 - 2 Low Fat Cheese Strings with water
Pre Workout - Carrots or Some WW Bread with Penut Butter or some cheese strings again
Dinner - Chicken, Chicken, Chicken, Lean Ground Beef, Veggies

I try to stay away from sugars, sodium, etc. Late night eating (after the bar) and drinking are my enemies..both of which happen a lot being a student at university

Once a week I will eat Pizza (sundays). Whole Wheat thin crust with extra tom. sauce and light cheese.

I know I know, it is pretty un organized. That is why I am here. I finally need some STRUCTURE and need to stick with it. Goal is to be cut or somewhat cur by sping/summer

I gain fat really easily and it all seems to to my thighs (huge thighs), lower stomache

A huge problem of mine is portion control. I love to eat and will eat until I feel like I am going to explode (if i dont, i dont feel "full" or satisfied)

AdmiralDan
01-30-2005, 04:06 PM
you don't need any supplements to start. as far as working out, i would reccommend wbb1. for cardio, 3-4 times a week for 20-30 minutes to start and that can be adjusted as you progress. read the sticky about what a bodybuilder eats in diet and nutrition, and eat that type of stuff. find out what your maintainence calories are and subtract 500. that is how many calories to consume. make sure to get at least 1g of protein for each pound of bodyweight. get a good diet, it will make or break your cut. as far as a meal replacement, i haven't used any, but i have heard lots of good things about opticean(atlarge nutrition, the link on the top of the page).

it isn't going to be easy to get to where you want to be, but with a good diet, routine and some hard work, it can be done. good luck

meister
01-30-2005, 04:21 PM
I think my maintenance is like 2100 calories - so I would actually only want to eat 1600 (split between 6 small meals). So like 270 calories a meal (not much)

Where can I find WBB1 and what cardio is suggested? Bike, Treadmil, mix.....for cardio are short bursts suggested, longer slowe pace, etc?

AdmiralDan
01-30-2005, 05:13 PM
wbb1: http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25
that seems a little low for a maintainence number. i am around 180 and if i remember correctly, my maintainence minus 500 was between 2000 and 2200. you can start with 2200 and see if it works. if it is too much, try 2000, the next week, and continue this process until you have a good number. as for cardio, do whatever. i like doing some longer slow paced stuff and some intervals. i usually do both at least twice a week.

thajeepster
01-30-2005, 05:17 PM
where do you get whole wheat thin crust pizza from?

meister
01-30-2005, 05:18 PM
Pizza Pizza has it...eating some right now.

getfit
01-30-2005, 05:19 PM
Pizza Pizza has it...eating some right now.
ooooooo boy! yum ! ;)

meister
01-30-2005, 07:43 PM
ok, back on topic..need help :-)