PDA

View Full Version : Need help on the servings of Pasta with Tuna and Peas

UnoDenero
01-30-2005, 08:26 PM
Okay, this recipe is listed on the Sally's Cooking Corner on the front page. It serves 4, but I only need 1 serving. Me being the stupid person I am, I cant figure out how to do so... help?

Pasta with Tuna and Peas
Serves 4

This is an upscale twist on the traditional oven-baked tuna casserole with much less sodium, much less fat, and no baking. Garlic, red pepper flakes, parsley and Parmesan combined with flaked tuna, sweet peas, and toothsome pasta create an ethereally balanced dish that is fabulously filling and sensibly satisfying. Adjust the amount of pasta to suit your carbohydrate quota.

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
Pinch or more red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 (6-ounce each) can of tuna, drained, flaked
Juice of a lemon and 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel (zest)
1 cup clam juice or chicken broth
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
Black pepper to taste

4 cups cooked whole wheat or high-fiber pasta of your choice
1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese

In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, and parsley and cook, stirring often, until fragrant and onion is soft, about 7 minutes. Add a bit of clam juice or broth if skillet becomes too dry. Stir in tuna, lemon juice, lemon zest, and clam juice and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until thickened and saucelike, about 6 minutes. Stir in peas and cook until peas are heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and pour over hot cooked pasta, tossing until well-coated. Serve immediately with an extra sprinkling of fresh chopped parsley and fresh grated Parmesan cheese.

Nutritional Analysis (per serving): Calories 458 (26% from fat); Protein 39 grams; Carbohydrates 47 grams; Fiber 10 grams; Total Fat 13 grams (Saturated Fat 3 grams; Monounsaturated Fat 6 grams; Polyunsaturated Fat 4 grams); Cholesterol 21 milligrams; Sodium 459 milligrams.

Collegekid
01-30-2005, 08:55 PM
C'mon....just use 1/4 the ingredients. You knew that.