PDA

View Full Version : double cheeseburgers

beaumc
01-31-2005, 08:05 PM
i am currently 6'1'', 165-70 lbs. i can squat about 325, bench about 185, and deadlift about 225. my strength kinda sux cuz i am just starting to lift weights seriously (2 months now). i want to put on 15 lbs of muscle and increase my strength. will mcdonalds burgers help me bulk up? i have trouble eating 5-6 meals a day (usually 3-4). i cant seem to gain weight, need some help and im on a tight budget that is why i am talking aboiut the dollar menu at mcdonalds's,lol.

AdmiralDan
01-31-2005, 08:13 PM
try adding calories with clean foods first. it sounds like you are looking for an excuse to eat mcdonalds. natural peanut butter and olive oil are both calorie dense good fats. eat peanut butter out of the jar and mix olive oil into your shake to try to get extra calories. i'm in college so i don't use olive oil so i don't know price, but you can get natural peanut butter pretty cheap. mcdonalds should be your last choice

Cubby
01-31-2005, 08:13 PM
if your gonna eat like that your gonna put on more fat then if you ate clean, but if you don't mind a little extra fat I say go for it

Tafman
01-31-2005, 08:32 PM
depends on your body and how u can weight. i haf a buddy that can eat 6 burgers in a sitting and hes lean and big.

Vido
01-31-2005, 10:39 PM
i'm in college so i don't use olive oil so i don't know price, but you can get natural peanut butter pretty cheap. mcdonalds should be your last choice

How does being in college limit you from using olive oil, while still allowing you to consume natty pb? They both come from the grocery store...

Vido
01-31-2005, 10:40 PM
depends on your body

I agree. Albeit eating McDonald's all the time is not good for you from a health standpoint, if your metabolism is of the quick variety you can pound those burgers down and still stay lean.

Optimum08
01-31-2005, 10:49 PM
as everyone said before it depends on your body type...if your a hardgainer then u can have those micky d's burgers no prob....

EdgeCrusher
02-01-2005, 03:51 AM
the primary reason i think not to eat mcdonalds is saturated fat. it increases your bad cholesterol. if that's not too much of a concern, i don't see why you can't eat mcdonalds.

AdmiralDan
02-01-2005, 05:14 AM
How does being in college limit you from using olive oil, while still allowing you to consume natty pb? They both come from the grocery store...

I was refering to using it in a shake. though i have not tried it, i imagine that the best way to get olive oil into your shake is by blending it. my reasoning is that fat and water seperate; blending will put it into temporary suspension, allowing you to drink it as if it were mixed. I don't have a blender so i cannot do that. As for peanut butter, all you need is a spoon. I have one of those

Mr. ?
02-01-2005, 11:53 AM
depends on your body and how u can weight. i haf a buddy that can eat 6 burgers in a sitting and hes lean and big.

and his cholesterol hovers just above 400 :D

Vido
02-01-2005, 11:55 AM
I was refering to using it in a shake. though i have not tried it, i imagine that the best way to get olive oil into your shake is by blending it. my reasoning is that fat and water seperate; blending will put it into temporary suspension, allowing you to drink it as if it were mixed. I don't have a blender so i cannot do that. As for peanut butter, all you need is a spoon. I have one of those

Shaking it will also create a temporary suspension; I've never had any problems putting olive oil in a non-blended shake.

Big Bas
02-01-2005, 01:01 PM
you guys neglected to address his budget concerns. PERSONALLY: i think it would be healthier/cheaper to buy a george foreman grill and ground beef and make your own hamburgers. This way, you can opt for more lean beef.

AdmiralDan
02-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Shaking it will also create a temporary suspension; I've never had any problems putting olive oil in a non-blended shake.

i guess i'll have to try that then. i had been told that shaking it would not create enough suspension and i would end up settling out too fast. thanks

also, as far as money goes, i get jars of natural peanut butter for 2 bucks a peice, each jar has about 3000 calories. that is better for you than mcdonalds

AKraut
02-01-2005, 02:49 PM
I had a Wendy's classic double today for lunch with a side salad and I'm really upset about it. It was so good but I can just feel it sitting in my stomach. If you want good weight, I would avoid eating that crap. I use my foreman grill all the time, you're way better off buying some lean meat and slapping it on the grill. Also, this would give you the flexibility of having cheeseburgers with whole wheat bread which would be a much better option.

Big Daddy Cruel
02-01-2005, 03:01 PM
I'm probably the only cat, but I hatehatehate olive oil period, and it sucks more in a shake, because it seems to settle, even when blended, so I get a big sip of olive-y chocolate at the end :( I'm considering taking the stuff like a shot and chasing it with a diet coke.

Big Bas
02-01-2005, 03:03 PM
i guess i'll have to try that then. i had been told that shaking it would not create enough suspension and i would end up settling out too fast. thanks

also, as far as money goes, i get jars of natural peanut butter for 2 bucks a peice, each jar has about 3000 calories. that is better for you than mcdonalds
i dont see whats the big deal if the oil settled? i just take them by the teaspoon, or over my salad...i dont HAVE to mix it

Brock Huard
02-01-2005, 03:14 PM
Dont eat McDonalds....like Big bas said, go out and buy a ****load of ground beef and a couple packs of burger buns and go to town...this has got to stretch your dollar more. If you're just a lazy **** and don't want to do that, at least watch this before you go on a friggin McDonalds spree:
http://www.supersizeme.com/
Peace.